blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:03:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 6797 6798 6799 6800 [6801] 6802 6803 6804 6805 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13446196 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #102000 on: May 31, 2015, 02:20:36 PM »

I actually like a dog that's running tonight in the 1st round of Greyhound Derby to put it up here.

Blonde Nipper 2/1 hills/betfred, great Irish form, winning Towcester debut, strong finisher and a decent trail, think it starts shorter than 2/1 (currently shorter on thin BF market) owner and trainer have said they are both confident. It may not lead but should be handy enough to pull back King Alley. If he leads we r counting the money.

http://www.racingpost.com/news/greyhounds/nipper-derby-odds-hold-firm-after-debut-strike/1826838/

Would also recommend getting on the 100/1 ante post ew outright as well (someone will have to do this for Fred  as its with 365) currently 67.0 on BF.

Recommend £30 win tonight (9:26 I think) Blond Nipper with Hills or Fred

Recommend £10 ew Derby outright with 365 @ 100/1 ( if someone can get this on, I cannot bet with 365)

@BlondeNipper on Twitter, your not a superstar dog without your own Twitter account.

following  Smiley

Returned 2nd tonight at 7/4, found trouble at 1st and couldn't get back to King Alley. Good news is he is through to the next round and is currently best price of 66/1.

@BlondeNipper good recovery nice finish...when do you run again?

@nickjenkins01 either Friday or Saturday night - draw dependant #Derby

Last heat Saturday night....

Heat 16

1 Ibiza Rocks

2 Beaming Bucko

3 Here We Go (m)

4 Blonde Nipper (m)

5 King Alley (w)

6 Baliff Hubert (w)

First three qualify for the third round on Saturday week.

is that a random draw or is it seeded (eg heat winners avoid each other?)

dogs are listed as railers, wide, middle etc? thats a preference from the trainer?

what happens when the draw throws up more than 2 dogs who prefer to rail, a few who like it wide etc?

what sort of heat does this look like?

(sorry, basic questions but i am not familiar with the rules)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #102001 on: May 31, 2015, 02:29:47 PM »

There are 16 heats so the order of the draw would have gone....

Railer drawn - goes in Trap 1heat one
Railer drawn - goes in  Trap 1 heat two
Wide drawn - goes in Trap 6 heat one
(Lets assume the next 14 dogs were railers - they would then go in Trap 1 from heats 3-16)....
Railer then gets drawn again - this would now go in Trap 2 heat one, and so on.

Hope that makes sense, basically railers are placed as near to the rail as possible, then wides as near to the hare, and middle are placed in trap 3/4 preferably.

Should a heat somehow only have 6 railers it would simply be whoever was drawn first in 1, then 2 etc.

It's a completely random draw - I think they have what they call 'guarding' - this basically means for a certain amount of predetermined rounds (I can't remember how many) - should an owner be lucky enough to have 2 or more through, he won't find those in the same heat as each other.

The trainers decide whether to enter the dogs with a rails/middle/wide tag, and I think it can be changed up to the end of the third round of the competition. For example - Aimnfire, a dog that ran in round 1, it was seeded rails, drawn trap 1, and so blatantly moved to the middle-wide line instantly from the boxes that it has now been re-seeded by it's trainer as a middle runner.

Hopefully that's all clear.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #102002 on: May 31, 2015, 02:33:39 PM »

I can answer some of those. Dogs that are marked as naturally running wide will get trap six, unless there's another one in the race, where there would be a draw for the traps 5 and 6.

Mid runners are rarer but they will get the middle traps, whatever they are, but it will be the ones next to the wide runners.

Trainers will want the dog to have its optimal trap, so if it gets to the bend and always turns right, rather than left, you'll want it so there are no dogs outside it. Hence, mark it as a wide runner.

So, in this race, you have two who will look to take the rails at the bend, two outside them that will take a middle line and two outside them who will take a wider line. Doesn't mean there won't be collisions at the first bend, of course, but it does mitigate the risk of injury and protects as best as possible the fair race we all want.

Ah, better answer above. Ignore Smiley
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 02:35:48 PM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #102003 on: May 31, 2015, 02:37:30 PM »

There are 16 heats so the order of the draw would have gone....

Railer drawn - goes in Trap 1heat one
Railer drawn - goes in  Trap 1 heat two
Wide drawn - goes in Trap 6 heat one
(Lets assume the next 14 dogs were railers - they would then go in Trap 1 from heats 3-16)....
Railer then gets drawn again - this would now go in Trap 2 heat one, and so on.

Hope that makes sense, basically railers are placed as near to the rail as possible, then wides as near to the hare, and middle are placed in trap 3/4 preferably.

Should a heat somehow only have 6 railers it would simply be whoever was drawn first in 1, then 2 etc.

It's a completely random draw - I think they have what they call 'guarding' - this basically means for a certain amount of predetermined rounds (I can't remember how many) - should an owner be lucky enough to have 2 or more through, he won't find those in the same heat as each other.

The trainers decide whether to enter the dogs with a rails/middle/wide tag, and I think it can be changed up to the end of the third round of the competition. For example - Aimnfire, a dog that ran in round 1, it was seeded rails, drawn trap 1, and so blatantly moved to the middle-wide line instantly from the boxes that it has now been re-seeded by it's trainer as a middle runner.

Hopefully that's all clear.

See 'Aimnfire' race below, running from Trap 1 in the first round. You will understand with the way he turns right out of the boxes and runs to the bend in a middle course, why the trainer has now put a middle seed on him...

« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 02:43:47 PM by TightEnd » Logged
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #102004 on: May 31, 2015, 02:38:58 PM »

I don't know how to embed that - if someone wants to edit please do!
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #102005 on: May 31, 2015, 03:34:10 PM »

Struggling to see how Rangers are favourites away to Motherwell.  Apart from the fact they need to win by 2.  

The price that sticks out for me is the draw.   Motherwell can close up shop early, in the first game from what I managed to see Rangers were somewhat limp in front of goal.  

13/5 the Draw with Betty seems reasonable or for others who can the same is available with Skaiiiiiii Bet and We Hear You Powaar!

Incredible gamble on Rangers this morning.  I thought they were a bad price at 7/4!  Close to 11/8 now.   Haven't done the maths on it and don't know the away goals rules either but the 11/2 rangers to go up must be a bit of value given the gamble on the match prices.  Assuming they are being gambled for a reason.  Maybe not.  Interesting spot.  Must be value somewhere.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/scottish/championship/to-win-the-playoffs

6/1 I got a few mins ago, I find the Rangers effect means a fair bit.
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #102006 on: May 31, 2015, 06:22:41 PM »

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/betting/g/5173149/Match-Betting.html

gravity 8/13

same reasons
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #102007 on: May 31, 2015, 06:25:05 PM »

1.4 pinnacle
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #102008 on: May 31, 2015, 06:29:00 PM »

31 May 2015 - Team Dragon Knights v Gravity - Match Betting

Gravity @ 8/13

Stake : £50.00
Estimated Returns : £
Transaction Reference:
O/0457483/0001333/F

this is overnight tonight?

team dragon knight missing players?

gravity the better team?

i am afraid i find it unwatchable (have tried, but not a clue what is gonig on) so please let us know the result win or lose

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #102009 on: May 31, 2015, 06:29:45 PM »

it's tonight, about 10pm it will be
tdk still with 3 subs, gravity good
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #102010 on: May 31, 2015, 06:44:40 PM »

Never watched this stuff, exstream.

In all honesty, the picture I have in my mind is of what they used to have in Gamesmaster: two lads, two controllers and a level each of Streets of Rage 2.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #102011 on: May 31, 2015, 06:45:16 PM »

first time tonight you'll love it tal
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #102012 on: May 31, 2015, 07:27:01 PM »

Gamesmaster tho...

One Tal Point to the first person to identify those two Gladiators (episode around 1994)

JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #102013 on: May 31, 2015, 07:30:07 PM »

Gamesmaster tho...

One Tal Point to the first person to identify those two Gladiators (episode around 1994)

Jet/shadow?
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #102014 on: May 31, 2015, 07:39:10 PM »

Winner!

Gladiators is the only thing to come out of Birmingham that is better than an Ian Bell cover drive.

Shadow once hit someone so hard with his pugil stick in Duel, he actually broke the contender in half, sending the poor bloke's torso spiralling towards Wolf, who was busy supping a mug of cocoa near the wall.

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 07:41:48 PM by Tal » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6797 6798 6799 6800 [6801] 6802 6803 6804 6805 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: