blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:30:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 6384 6385 6386 6387 [6388] 6389 6390 6391 6392 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13437047 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #95805 on: March 06, 2015, 10:49:57 AM »

Tighty,

How much (sensibly) do you want deposited on Baldy?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #95806 on: March 06, 2015, 10:55:05 AM »

Tighty,

working capital of say 5-10 £20 bets so no more than £200 tops, £100 would be fine

on a related note, where are the unmissable cheltenham offers likely to be?

william hill are £25 free bet if you back anything in the opening cavalry charge if it loses?

what else mustn't we miss next week?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #95807 on: March 06, 2015, 11:02:24 AM »

Tighty,

working capital of say 5-10 £20 bets so no more than £200 tops, £100 would be fine

on a related note, where are the unmissable cheltenham offers likely to be?

william hill are £25 free bet if you back anything in the opening cavalry charge if it loses?

what else mustn't we miss next week?

Yea offers would be good. Im a house racing mug so any help would be handy.
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #95808 on: March 06, 2015, 11:06:47 AM »

Free bet if UDS loses arkle (if you back UDS) from boyle or the opposite from PP.

Cant see a reason to not back both favs in first two races with the money back offers on both
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #95809 on: March 06, 2015, 11:10:30 AM »

Free bet if UDS loses arkle (if you back UDS) from boyle or the opposite from PP.

Cant see a reason to not back both favs in first two races with the money back offers on both

Think it makes sense to have a separate thread for Cheltenham "Offers".

Any which Fred consider worthwhile can then be proposed & copied across.

See.....

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=65085.0
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 11:12:59 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95810 on: March 06, 2015, 12:21:30 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

On Saturday riders pound the white roads of Tuscany. I've had a look this morning over coffee (lavazza), & not keen on the form of Sagan, installed as favourite.

http://www.oddschecker.com/cycling/one-day-classics/strade-bianche/winner

Like the look of Valverde (but not the price). BMC look to have the strongest team, but GVM recent controversies put me off. Etixx & Stybar look attractive, but it will Stybar's first experience of these roads. Cancellara has form here, & likes his chances, but will be well marked, but will leave room for his in form team mate Felline to make a move.

Plenty of names further down the list will feel they have a shout & I hear some of the Italian's have done some extra recon earlier in the week. So maybe the likes of Gatto, Pozzato, Cunego & Gavazzi....

CWS any thoughts?

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #95811 on: March 06, 2015, 01:10:08 PM »

I propose "going again" on daily reports from Monday.

in the meantime the spreadsheet is up to date

Great news !

Thank you Tighty.
xx
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #95812 on: March 06, 2015, 01:15:23 PM »

That would be lovely. Missed them a lot.
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #95813 on: March 06, 2015, 02:24:37 PM »

That would be lovely. Missed them a lot.

ive ended up having much shorter morning toilet breaks!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
cheapwetsuit

View Profile
« Reply #95814 on: March 06, 2015, 03:10:32 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

On Saturday riders pound the white roads of Tuscany. I've had a look this morning over coffee (lavazza), & not keen on the form of Sagan, installed as favourite.

http://www.oddschecker.com/cycling/one-day-classics/strade-bianche/winner

Like the look of Valverde (but not the price). BMC look to have the strongest team, but GVM recent controversies put me off. Etixx & Stybar look attractive, but it will Stybar's first experience of these roads. Cancellara has form here, & likes his chances, but will be well marked, but will leave room for his in form team mate Felline to make a move.

Plenty of names further down the list will feel they have a shout & I hear some of the Italian's have done some extra recon earlier in the week. So maybe the likes of Gatto, Pozzato, Cunego & Gavazzi....

CWS any thoughts?

Think you've pretty much covered all the angles there. I'm not a big fan of betting on one-day races, but if I had to pick a favourite, I'd have to go for Valverde. But ... there are so many good riders in the field, that any number could have a shout if they wake up feeling good on the day.

It should be an exciting race, and I have to have an interest, so I've gone for Peter Kennaugh @ 40/1 and Ryder Hesjedal @ 100/1. Might still get on one of the Bardiani boys (Battaglin, Barbin, Colbrelli) if your Italian angle is in play. Still wish I could bet on the straight forecast of Valverde-Sagan.

Good luck.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #95815 on: March 06, 2015, 03:18:47 PM »

First stage of research for the new season, awaiting some prices but

Baseball

Following on from the success of the 2014 selections which won just under £1000 for Tft, two for the new season

MLB Pre-season training begins this week

My knowledge is much better in the AL than the NL because the teams and divisions i know are American league, which is extremely competitive but lacks a dominant team

1. Chicago White Sox

(disclaimer, i have been a fan for over 20 years and follow them closely)

They have been rebuilding for several years, and last year their payroll fell to 18th in the MLB as they ditched expensive contracts and veteran players left

This gave them the firepower to recruit heavily this off-season

Already the team had a top pitcher in Chris Sale, and they recruited Samardzija. With top draft pick Rodon to come the pitching is going to be much improved. Add Quintana and you have 4 of the 5 man rotation there and ready, and looking extremely promising

"a deal that would send Jeff Samardzija to the South Side -- a trade that would solve Chicago's starting rotation problem, shake up the AL Central and set in motion one of the most impressive offseason makeovers of recent winters."

that is from:

http://www.si.com/mlb/2015/01/30/white-sox-offseason-rick-hahn-jeff-samardzija-david-robertson

which summarises it better than i could do

They re-tooled their bullpen with relievers and closers, notably Robertson who closed for the Yankees last season

They recruited in infield and outfield, notably via Melky Cabrera for left field

"No team, though, has improved itself more since the end of last season than the White Sox. Having added a top of the rotation starter in his prime (Samardzija), an elite closer (Robertson), an underrated lefty reliever (Zach Duke), an All-Star outfielder (Cabrera), and a grizzled slugger who’s a perfect fit for their ballpark (Adam LaRoche), the White Sox are positioned for a run in 2015, and for the foreseeable future. Asked what AL team has upgraded its roster the most, a rival AL executive said, “I think the White Sox. And in that division, where the Tigers may be taking a step back a little, there’s an opportunity.”"

Finished 18 games behind in the AL Central last season but adding these new pieces to a roster including last year's rookie of the year Abreu they should be right up there, hitting deeper through the otrder, pitching depth and better defense

Little of this is factored into prices. Part of this will be their division, much like for the Royals last year it contains the powerful Tigers . Part of this is summarised i n the article above

"The leap from a 73-win season to a postseason appearance is a big one. And early projections are skeptical that the White Sox can even get to .500: Baseball Prospectus’ PECOTA peg them as a 78-win club."

However all of the above (better hitting depth, better pitching depth and some defense) should put them right in the hunt for the division and merely not making the mistakes that lost them games last year in my opinion will get them from 73 to well north of 80 wins needing around 90 to scoop, and from there who knows

"Confident enough that a case could be made for the White Sox jumping from 63 wins in 2013 to 73 wins in '14 to the playoffs this season.

"I don't want to sit here and read the future."  White Sox ace Chris Sale told MLB.com prior to last weekend's SoxFest activities. "But Rick put us in the position to do that. That's what all this is about, is winning a championship."

"What's coming into my mind is we were in a difficult spot the last two years, and we've been pulled out of that spot, and now the playing field has been leveled off a whole lot more," White Sox pitching coach Don Cooper said. "We're a better-looking team.""

2. Boston Red Sox

2014 was a down year, finishing way behind the Orioles in the AL East and finishing last after winning the WS the year before

The Boston Red Sox moved quickly in November to sign the best two free agent position players available in Pablo Sandoval and Hanley Ramirez. The Red Sox were terrible run production last season, tying for 11th among the AL's 15 teams with 3.91 runs per game and getting the two biggest free agent bats is the attempt to put some pop into the line up

Injuries affected Boston's big hitters last season too. Pedroia, Napoli and Ortiz, if healthy should add to the new signings and produce one of the most powerful lineups in baseball.

The starting rotation lost Jon Lester but added Justin Masterson, Rick Porcello and Wade Miley. young starting pitchers with potential

They are probably one top of the rotation pitcher short of a side that can run at the title, but that is easily fixable via trade if they are looking to be in contention at mid-season especially as this is one of the big market big payroll teams that has shown before it will invest if they are in the hunt

Recommendations

My aim is to have a book of the two teams, weighted towards the White Sox

phase 1 Biggest bets on the division

phase 2 smaller bets on the American league

phase 3 smaller again bets on the World Series

- I am waiting for divisional prices

Hoping the White Sox will be around 7/2 third favourites behind Tigers and Royals

Hoping the Red Sox price allows something to go at. It is the most competitive division year in year out with the Yankees, Rays etc so i won't be taking anything too short

- American league outright

http://www.oddschecker.com/baseball/mlb/american-league/winner

Red Sox 11/2 White Sox 14/1

- World Series

http://www.oddschecker.com/baseball/mlb/world-series/winner

Red Sox 16-1 White Sox 40-1

As a big market high profile big spending team there is less juice in the Red Sox price.

I will update as the markets form properly

a while ago i put these up.

markets have formed, and i have begun to place positions though not all firms are there yet

two bets on

1 CWS AL Central £17 at 4.6 Betfair. More to do depending on liquidity. fixed odds 5/2 best

2 CWS AL £25 at 15.0 bwin

3/6/2015 3:35 PM    Single bet    

open American League Winner 2015 (Tournament Winner (including playoffs))
    Chicago W.S.

25.00    15.00

boston waiting for betfred £ for 7-1 american league and 16-1 world series

AL East is priced up fair/short at 2-1 so leave that

CWS World series at 40-1. Ladbrokes will only lay £2.50 e/w. 

if anyone is able to do a £10 each way at 40-1 with ladbrokes, please holler

you'll be regretting having the reports back after about 20 of the 162 games in the season

My eyes are open wide
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #95816 on: March 06, 2015, 03:28:02 PM »

On

World Series £10ew @ 40/1 Chicago White Sox (Stan James)

« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 03:31:36 PM by Marky147 » Logged

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #95817 on: March 06, 2015, 03:39:03 PM »

On

World Series £10ew @ 40/1 Chicago White Sox (Stan James)

thanks

i have a knock in (famous last words) bet for rookie of the year to write up, if you see a makret for this to go up please shout

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #95818 on: March 06, 2015, 06:29:33 PM »

I loved the season-long Baseball sweat last year, so that's great news.

Anyone else got any baseball stuff, stick it up, please.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #95819 on: March 06, 2015, 06:38:10 PM »

Marky just stuck a Baseball bet on for Fred, thank you.

Pretty sure Nick (ripple11) placed a bet for Fred earlier this week.

I have a sort of running account with several others, inluding nuros, Mark Porter, Tal-Bloke, Sonour, Bobby1, & probably a few others.

Tighty - do you have an easily available summary of these?

Sonour & I settle up at the end of each month, & I think we settled February, so that one is OK.

I think the Bobby1 bet was a sort of "set-off", & we agreed to settle at the end of ther season. I have no recollection of what the bet was though.

Marky keeps tabs of what I owe him, or he owes me.

I think we are in credit with Nuros, but I'm not sure.

I can't recall where we are with Mark Porter. Ditto Tal-Bloke.

If I owe you Fred money, please Post accordingly. I'll settle any debts immediately if need be, or they can be settled at month end, just as we do with sonour.

Wierd stat - I think Sonour must have placed at least 20 bets for Fred, but to the best of my recollection, we have yet to back a single winner.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 07:31:29 PM by tikay » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6384 6385 6386 6387 [6388] 6389 6390 6391 6392 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: