blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:21:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272575 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 1834 1835 1836 1837 [1838] 1839 1840 1841 1842 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13425003 times)
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #27555 on: January 22, 2013, 11:27:26 AM »

I don't like the odds on both teams to score in the Villa game at all to be honest.  My thinking is:

Prem team at home to L2 team most likely result is Prem team win to nil
Bradford will at least start with a heavy defence given that they have a 2 goal lead to protect
I don't think Bradford will be thinking about away goal - more the mentality lets get to 20 mins at 0-0.  Then half time and we've done half the job.

I'd be a layer of both teams to score at this price to be honest.

Probably should have asked you if you wanted to lay before I backed, then Smiley

Really don't see Villa keeping a clean sheet. They've managed one in the last 12 in all competitions and their biggest weakness is in the air. These kids at the back can't grow in a couple of weeks, however hard they've been working in training. West Brom were too strong in the second half.

Parkinson's been making a lot of noise about attacking, which might reasonably be taken with a pinch of salt, but I firmly believe sitting back and inviting a team with no confidence but plenty of talent forward is a recipe for disaster.

I don't see many managers coming out though and saying "we are going to defend this lead for our lives and sit so deep" do you? They don't say it, but it's what they will do.

But from what I can gather, Bradford scored the last two goals on the counter attack, so hard one to choose from
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #27556 on: January 22, 2013, 11:35:27 AM »

"Probably should have asked you if you wanted to lay before I backed"

If you want a bit more I'll lay you some at 5/6 for settlement tomorrow by bank transfer Smiley
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #27557 on: January 22, 2013, 11:37:05 AM »

The Norwich Discussion.

Current best price is 7/1

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/relegation

I am not a football expert by any means, but I don't think that particularly reps value. Happy to listen to further views though.

The current League Table is here.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/tables

At 7/1 Tikay - its not a reccomedation from me; the 1 pt makes a huge difference and Ladbrokes have come more into line today.  I think it could be one that got away, as I am relaively confident they will shorten - lets be interested observers and cheer me on; I have had a decent bet
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #27558 on: January 22, 2013, 11:41:37 AM »

I don't like the odds on both teams to score in the Villa game at all to be honest.  My thinking is:

Prem team at home to L2 team most likely result is Prem team win to nil
Bradford will at least start with a heavy defence given that they have a 2 goal lead to protect
I don't think Bradford will be thinking about away goal - more the mentality lets get to 20 mins at 0-0.  Then half time and we've done half the job.

I'd be a layer of both teams to score at this price to be honest.

Probably should have asked you if you wanted to lay before I backed, then Smiley

Really don't see Villa keeping a clean sheet. They've managed one in the last 12 in all competitions and their biggest weakness is in the air. These kids at the back can't grow in a couple of weeks, however hard they've been working in training. West Brom were too strong in the second half.

Parkinson's been making a lot of noise about attacking, which might reasonably be taken with a pinch of salt, but I firmly believe sitting back and inviting a team with no confidence but plenty of talent forward is a recipe for disaster.

I don't see many managers coming out though and saying "we are going to defend this lead for our lives and sit so deep" do you? They don't say it, but it's what they will do.

But from what I can gather, Bradford scored the last two goals on the counter attack, so hard one to choose from

Of course they will want to be solid. Only a complete idiot would suggest otherwise. The market says it's marginally more likely that both teams score tonight than not. I see a team desperate to get a payday no one expected (a team that cost about as much as second place in the last Iancredible Hundred) playing a team desperate to get some momentum but dropping heads as soon as things don't go their way. I'd be surprised if there were many goals in the game but I'd be more surprised if this were to finish 0-0 or 1-0.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27559 on: January 22, 2013, 11:41:55 AM »

The Norwich Discussion.

Current best price is 7/1

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/relegation

I am not a football expert by any means, but I don't think that particularly reps value. Happy to listen to further views though.

The current League Table is here.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/tables

At 7/1 Tikay - its not a reccomedation from me; the 1 pt makes a huge difference and Ladbrokes have come more into line today.  I think it could be one that got away, as I am relaively confident they will shorten - lets be interested observers and cheer me on; I have had a decent bet

Hope you get the lot, & Villa go down. With QPR. Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #27560 on: January 22, 2013, 11:44:05 AM »

"Probably should have asked you if you wanted to lay before I backed"

If you want a bit more I'll lay you some at 5/6 for settlement tomorrow by bank transfer Smiley

Politely declined, but thanks. BRM and all that Wink

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Ricardov83

View Profile
« Reply #27561 on: January 22, 2013, 12:04:31 PM »

What do the thread regulars think of 'Benteke anytime and Villa to win' wincast at 6/4 with William Hill?

Other firms generally go 10/11 but does the 6/4 represent value?

EDIT: I realise it's a multiple and we don't like multiples but just putting it out there.

Any views on this while the villa discussion is ongoing?
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #27562 on: January 22, 2013, 12:06:37 PM »

vlaar back is massive for villa

he organises them and will be nearing fitness after the weekend

i dont have the stats to hand but with him in the team they have been almost solid

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #27563 on: January 22, 2013, 12:10:13 PM »

i dont have the stats to hand but with him in the team they have been almost solid

Earlier in the season they actually wasn't letting many in if I remember correctly.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #27564 on: January 22, 2013, 12:27:03 PM »

Earlier in the season they actually wasn't letting many in if I remember correctly.

This is relevant but he isn't match fit and they're missing Baker, who I quite like.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #27565 on: January 22, 2013, 12:27:41 PM »

What do the thread regulars think of 'Benteke anytime and Villa to win' wincast at 6/4 with William Hill?

Other firms generally go 10/11 but does the 6/4 represent value?

EDIT: I realise it's a multiple and we don't like multiples but just putting it out there.

Any views on this while the villa discussion is ongoing?

Bit short for a multiple for an ice cream like me tbh

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #27566 on: January 22, 2013, 12:29:21 PM »

This is relevant but he isn't match fit and they're missing Baker, who I quite like.

clark and vlaar is a much better option than clark and baker imo

vlaar is not a great defender but is a very good leader and even though they conceded 2 against wba you could see him trying to exert into the other players
ruholding

little grey cells

View Profile
« Reply #27567 on: January 22, 2013, 02:23:10 PM »

imo villa to qualify at evns is outstanding value. i cannot see how they wont overturn the deficit.

just a point to bear in mind if it is 2-0 villa after 90 mins game goes to extra time (unlike UCL where villa would win on away goals after 90 mins - in C1C away goals count only after 120 mins)

recommendation

£50 villa to qualify to final @evs

PS CHOMPY STILL 0 BRACELETS
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #27568 on: January 22, 2013, 02:25:24 PM »

imo villa to qualify at evns is outstanding value. i cannot see how they wont overturn the deficit.

just a point to bear in mind if it is 2-0 villa after 90 mins game goes to extra time (unlike UCL where villa would win on away goals after 90 mins - in C1C away goals count only after 120 mins)

recommendation

£50 villa to qualify to final @evs

Like this bet, but actually did not realise about the away goals until now Sad
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #27569 on: January 22, 2013, 03:43:50 PM »

In the Premier League, they have conceded 24 goals in the 1220 minutes he has played (1 every ~51 mins) and conceded 20 in the 850 mins he hasn't played (1 every 42.5 mins). So that somewhat backs up your thoughts although sample size and the 8-0 match, where he didn't play, skew results somewhat.
Pages: 1 ... 1834 1835 1836 1837 [1838] 1839 1840 1841 1842 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: