blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:11:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 2414 2415 2416 2417 [2418] 2419 2420 2421 2422 ... 9207 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13333107 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36255 on: April 03, 2013, 10:30:47 AM »

If Tighty likes it a lot, might be worth having a bit more on. Shah is also a pretty selfish batsmen, so he scores runs even when games are lost and its never evens each of two when he is involved in a run out, you always fancy the batsmen the other end to be walking off

Noted Mr S. We are already on, but if Tighty comes in with the nod, we can have some more. Give him some time though, he needs to prepare Weather Graphs, Ground Reports, pictures of Heavy Rollers, all sorts, you know what he is like. He is busy trying to hold back his real view on the Brighton bet right now, too.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36256 on: April 03, 2013, 10:33:16 AM »

Heh, glad to hear it. If anyone ever takes a trip down to Hove, give me a shout and i'll happily get the drinks in.

If I may say so, that is a little unwise.

Do you realise how much a round for Dubai can cost? I got bitten for one recently, had to give Flushy £100 to "get Dubai a drink". When I asked for my change, Flushy's face was a proper picture. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #36257 on: April 03, 2013, 10:35:20 AM »

Couple of questions for those in the know.

Firstly, If I backed ew Watford, and they finish third but lose in play offs, I presume I still get paid for the 3rd?

Secondly, and one been meaning to ask for ages. Loan players. Who pays their wages, and if its the receiving club do they have to honour the invariably higher wages of the giving club?

Thanks in anticipation

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #36258 on: April 03, 2013, 10:35:42 AM »

Shocking effort, turn up in an Aston Martin without a coin to buy a round
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #36259 on: April 03, 2013, 10:36:59 AM »

I've seen you kick yourself a few times about seemingly missing winners, when in reality you haven't. Mond's posts were in no way a tip, seemed like he was more after info about the pricing. It got no feedback.

What u make of the Golden Sprint? For once Corals not made a massive rick, top 3 look the 3 obvious ones to me, id favour Loner, obviously will wait till others price up
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #36260 on: April 03, 2013, 10:38:02 AM »

Heh, glad to hear it. If anyone ever takes a trip down to Hove, give me a shout and i'll happily get the drinks in.

If I may say so, that is a little unwise.

Do you realise how much a round for Dubai can cost? I got bitten for one recently, had to give Flushy £100 to "get Dubai a drink". When I asked for my change, Flushy's face was a proper picture. 

Haha fair point, I'll qualify it then - I'll happily get a couple of pints of Harveys in.

I'll ensure updates are regular.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36261 on: April 03, 2013, 10:39:12 AM »

Shocking effort, turn up in an Aston Martin without a coin to buy a round

Scandalous. No flair at the table, either, never seen him call with K high.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36262 on: April 03, 2013, 10:39:44 AM »

Couple of questions for those in the know.

Firstly, If I backed ew Watford, and they finish third but lose in play offs, I presume I still get paid for the 3rd?

Secondly, and one been meaning to ask for ages. Loan players. Who pays their wages, and if its the receiving club do they have to honour the invariably higher wages of the giving club?

Thanks in anticipation

The Loan part. Case by case, often these days the loaning club in the CHampionship is paying a fee to the parent club. Or for lower league club the parent might still pay the majority of the wages. Difficult to generalise

For Watford, in joint ownership with Udinese and Granada, the situation is completely different again

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #36263 on: April 03, 2013, 10:44:34 AM »

I want to run this bet past you Tony as it clashes slightly with your current snooker WC bets.

Ronnie is drawn in the same half as Trump who you have a 50 on at 7 or 8/1 ish, Trumps quarter of that half is softer too (seed wise). The word on the street tho is that Ronnie is abs striping it in his practice and is knocking balls in for fun against three different practice partners that are all good solid pro's. What might be the most important thing is he is seemingly loving the game. His quarter of the top half looks tricky with Ali Carter his 2nd round oppo, followed by Higgins and then Trump should it run to seeding's ( obv it usually doesn't)

So he should really be getting bigger in the market after that draw but he is actually getting shorter, which makes me think that there are plenty of people now in the know about his apparent good form and mindset.

So I can only see his price contracting further from now, partly because of his practice news and the fact the punters will want to be on. He is also due to play his first match on the first day of the comp too so will again be well backed in the days leading to the event starting as all the talk will be about his return.

The only prob with putting him up as a bet is you will have a Trump and Ronnie outright bet and they are in the same part of the draw but you can bet 7/1 fixed odds and that is the price they are asking for on BF now. We are trusting the info is right but its pretty solid so if you don't mind backing two players at shortish odds that are in the same half of the draw then maybe a 50 at 7/1 would be ok. Obv your qualifiers could end up in the same part of the draw if they get there too.

As a footnote too, if anyone is thinking of backing Mark Selby then it might make sense to wait until nearer the event.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 10:51:09 AM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #36264 on: April 03, 2013, 10:48:03 AM »

Dammit, meant to watch that 861 Grand National preview last night, just to see if the Skybet PR man could go an hour without using the phrases 'It's a lottery' and 'Housewives' choice'.

Is it repeated?

Did you know that this year's race is about 100yds shorter than last year? At that point last year, Seabass was still cruising! Oi oi! Hope you mentioned this useful nugget?

Seabass or mullet? Isa going for Seabass, oi oi!

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 10:51:24 AM by Chompy » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36265 on: April 03, 2013, 10:51:49 AM »

The hope when the Trump bet went on was that he would be in the different half. He then lost early in China to scupper his hopes, and Robertson won just before the seedings were finalised

I think Robertson at 13/2 looks increasingly interesting with this draw

realistically, there are only 5 players that can win it, bar a big breakthrough performance somewhere or all 5 underperforming (Ronnie, trump, robertson, higgins, selby) and three of those are in the same half..robertson/selby in the other

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36266 on: April 03, 2013, 10:54:52 AM »

The qualifying draw for Sheffield is out

http://www.motorpointarenasheffield.co.uk/media/en/application/world_championship_2013_qualifiers_draw_&_format.pdf

Our rags:

Maflin has to win three matches, including Steve Davis and Ebdon.

Lisowski and McGill have to win two matches, ending against o'Brien and Gould respectively

Hoping we get 1 or 2 through to Sheffield, and 1 wins a game to lay around 33s and have a shot to nothing at a run

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36267 on: April 03, 2013, 10:55:17 AM »

Dammit, meant to watch that 861 Grand National preview last night, just to see if the Skybet PR man could go an hour without using the phrases 'It's a lottery' and 'Housewives' choice'.

Is it repeated?

Did you know that this year's race is about 100yds shorter than last year? At that pointlast year, Seabass was still cruising! Oi oi! Hope you mentioned this useful nugget?

Seabass or mullet? Isa going for Seabass, oi oi!

Click to see full-size image.

Repeated endlessly, today probably, & for another few days. 

There was a chap on from the Racing Post, Ed Quigley, so I enquired about you, he had "heard of you" & he gave me a reference.

He only looked about 11, too. He does the "Long Shots" in the Racing Post I believe.

Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #36268 on: April 03, 2013, 10:57:02 AM »

I was having a look at the IPL markets yesterday and saw one bet that I felt was standout. There is a top English batsmen market with four runners in Owais Shah, Azher Mahmood, Eoin Morgan and Luke Wright. Shah is currently 7/4 favourite but I think he collects well over half the time and would have expected him to be odds on.

My reasoning is this - Shah plays for the Rajasthan Royals who have been struggling in the past couple of editions. They are one of the lower spenders so their foreign acquisitions are modest (Watson and Tait being the standouts). Last year Shah played in 13 of their 16 games and scored 340 runs (averaging 37) which put him in the top 20 overall. He is an important part of their middle order and should feature prominently again.

Mahmood is second favourite at 9/4 and I can't fathom it. He made his IPL debut last year at 37 scoring 186 runs (at an average of 23). He tends to bat at 7 for his team the Kings XI and is not guaranteed a start with Kallis, Lee and Haddin shoo-ins for three of the four foreigner spots.

Wright and Morgan round out the market and are both available at 7/2. Morgan was unused by KKR in IPL5 and may not be a regular starter as KKR have a wealth of foreign options. He he does play, he seems to find it difficult to adapt to the Indian conditions as he averages just 14 in 18 games in the IPL. As a Sussex season ticket holder, Luke Wright is a favourite of mine but is likely to find starts hard to come by at Pune. They have a foreign captain in Angelo Matthews which ties up one of the four spots available. Mystery spinner Mendis was a marquee acquisition so you'd expect him to take another. That leaves two spots split between Ross Taylor, Marlon Samuels, Aaron Finch, Steve Smith, Mitchell Marsh and Kane Richardson. Richardson seems a logical choice given he went for a huge sum at auction so you can see where Wright will struggle. Wright is a great T20 player but isn't a 'sexy pick' like some of the afore mentioned.

Given the above, I'd recommend a £40 bet on Shah @7/4 with Boylesports or Stan James.

Love this bet

There you go Rinsy, we have warmth from a Cricket Bloke.

On my way.......

15/8 now
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #36269 on: April 03, 2013, 11:01:02 AM »

Aah, Quiggers!

Nope, don't know him personally. I'm a freelancer now, sort of a crazy maverick, so don't know many of the office crew.

No Grand National preview repeats before 6pm. Just flicked on to the channel to see and you're on it as usual. You just tipped Ireland to do the Grand Slam in the Five Nations. How that work out? Oi oi!

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Pages: 1 ... 2414 2415 2416 2417 [2418] 2419 2420 2421 2422 ... 9207 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: