blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:04:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 2413 2414 2415 2416 [2417] 2418 2419 2420 2421 ... 9207 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13332934 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36240 on: April 03, 2013, 10:13:10 AM »

I've seen you kick yourself a few times about seemingly missing winners, when in reality you haven't. Mond's posts were in no way a tip, seemed like he was more after info about the pricing. It got no feedback.

True.

I just really want the Thread to be more inclusive, & accessible to everyone. To do that, we must encourage those who have not been much involved before.

Mondy also happens to be a very special mate, yet to have a Fred winner.

Had I not been so busy & disorganised yesterday, I would almost certainly have had a small interest on his behalf. I had a truly awesome day yesterday, climaxed by ME doing a Grand National Preview on Live Telly. What? Still, I got a mention in of Chompy. Nice mention, obv. Sort of.

I must tell you, though it is a bit personal, Mondy is some special man, or he is to me. Only he & I know why, but he has said some lovely things to me (privately, where it belongs) recently. At least, I THINK they were nice. You can never tell with Ray, he can barely speak audible English. He's a Mackem, see?

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #36241 on: April 03, 2013, 10:14:09 AM »

Was slightly tongue in cheek, but Ulloa really is awesome, trust me.

I have them as favs over everyone in the playoffs bar Watford, who I'm hoping will get automatic promotion.

Clear jollies v Forest and Palace, possibly each of two with Hull.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 10:17:43 AM by The Camel » Logged

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #36242 on: April 03, 2013, 10:14:51 AM »

Hyperbole is my new favourite word. I think this should be the dictionary definition for the perfect example of sporting hyperbole Rich.

Bruce Arians on welcoming Carson Palmer as the new Cardinals quarterback.

''How much does Arians believe the Cardinals improved their roster with the additions of Carson Palmer and Drew Stanton? He said his quarterback group now is as strong as any team's in the NFL''

!!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 10:16:47 AM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #36243 on: April 03, 2013, 10:15:10 AM »

I was having a look at the IPL markets yesterday and saw one bet that I felt was standout. There is a top English batsmen market with four runners in Owais Shah, Azher Mahmood, Eoin Morgan and Luke Wright. Shah is currently 7/4 favourite but I think he collects well over half the time and would have expected him to be odds on.

My reasoning is this - Shah plays for the Rajasthan Royals who have been struggling in the past couple of editions. They are one of the lower spenders so their foreign acquisitions are modest (Watson and Tait being the standouts). Last year Shah played in 13 of their 16 games and scored 340 runs (averaging 37) which put him in the top 20 overall. He is an important part of their middle order and should feature prominently again.

Mahmood is second favourite at 9/4 and I can't fathom it. He made his IPL debut last year at 37 scoring 186 runs (at an average of 23). He tends to bat at 7 for his team the Kings XI and is not guaranteed a start with Kallis, Lee and Haddin shoo-ins for three of the four foreigner spots.

Wright and Morgan round out the market and are both available at 7/2. Morgan was unused by KKR in IPL5 and may not be a regular starter as KKR have a wealth of foreign options. He he does play, he seems to find it difficult to adapt to the Indian conditions as he averages just 14 in 18 games in the IPL. As a Sussex season ticket holder, Luke Wright is a favourite of mine but is likely to find starts hard to come by at Pune. They have a foreign captain in Angelo Matthews which ties up one of the four spots available. Mystery spinner Mendis was a marquee acquisition so you'd expect him to take another. That leaves two spots split between Ross Taylor, Marlon Samuels, Aaron Finch, Steve Smith, Mitchell Marsh and Kane Richardson. Richardson seems a logical choice given he went for a huge sum at auction so you can see where Wright will struggle. Wright is a great T20 player but isn't a 'sexy pick' like some of the afore mentioned.

Given the above, I'd recommend a £40 bet on Shah @7/4 with Boylesports or Stan James.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36244 on: April 03, 2013, 10:16:43 AM »

I've seen you kick yourself a few times about seemingly missing winners, when in reality you haven't. Mond's posts were in no way a tip, seemed like he was more after info about the pricing. It got no feedback.

True.

I just really want the Thread to be more inclusive, & accessible to everyone. To do that, we must encourage those who have not been much involved before.

Mondy also happens to be a very special mate, yet to have a Fred winner.

Had I not been so busy & disorganised yesterday, I would almost certainly have had a small interest on his behalf. I had a truly awesome day yesterday, climaxed by ME doing a Grand National Preview on Live Telly. What? Still, I got a mention in of Chompy. Nice mention, obv. Sort of.

I must tell you, though it is a bit personal, Mondy is some special man, or he is to me. Only he & I know why, but he has said some lovely things to me (privately, where it belongs) recently. At least, I THINK they were nice. You can never tell with Ray, he can barely speak audible English. He's a Mackem, see?

Behave Boo, behave.

Mondy is much misunderstood. As anyone who has tried to listen to him will know......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36245 on: April 03, 2013, 10:17:41 AM »

Yes, totally accept that. So is Vydra too.

Come on the seagulls. :-)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36246 on: April 03, 2013, 10:18:22 AM »

Hyperbole is my new favourite word. I think this should be the dictionary definition for the perfect example of sporting hyperbole Rich.

Bruce Arians on welcoming Carson Palmer as the new Cardinals quarterback.

''How much does Arians believe the Cardinals improved their roster with the additions of Carson Palmer and Drew Stanton? He said his quarterback group now is as strong as any team's in the NFL''

!!

lolol.

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36247 on: April 03, 2013, 10:21:13 AM »

I was having a look at the IPL markets yesterday and saw one bet that I felt was standout. There is a top English batsmen market with four runners in Owais Shah, Azher Mahmood, Eoin Morgan and Luke Wright. Shah is currently 7/4 favourite but I think he collects well over half the time and would have expected him to be odds on.

My reasoning is this - Shah plays for the Rajasthan Royals who have been struggling in the past couple of editions. They are one of the lower spenders so their foreign acquisitions are modest (Watson and Tait being the standouts). Last year Shah played in 13 of their 16 games and scored 340 runs (averaging 37) which put him in the top 20 overall. He is an important part of their middle order and should feature prominently again.

Mahmood is second favourite at 9/4 and I can't fathom it. He made his IPL debut last year at 37 scoring 186 runs (at an average of 23). He tends to bat at 7 for his team the Kings XI and is not guaranteed a start with Kallis, Lee and Haddin shoo-ins for three of the four foreigner spots.

Wright and Morgan round out the market and are both available at 7/2. Morgan was unused by KKR in IPL5 and may not be a regular starter as KKR have a wealth of foreign options. He he does play, he seems to find it difficult to adapt to the Indian conditions as he averages just 14 in 18 games in the IPL. As a Sussex season ticket holder, Luke Wright is a favourite of mine but is likely to find starts hard to come by at Pune. They have a foreign captain in Angelo Matthews which ties up one of the four spots available. Mystery spinner Mendis was a marquee acquisition so you'd expect him to take another. That leaves two spots split between Ross Taylor, Marlon Samuels, Aaron Finch, Steve Smith, Mitchell Marsh and Kane Richardson. Richardson seems a logical choice given he went for a huge sum at auction so you can see where Wright will struggle. Wright is a great T20 player but isn't a 'sexy pick' like some of the afore mentioned.

Given the above, I'd recommend a £40 bet on Shah @7/4 with Boylesports or Stan James.

Ah-ha, we have another Cricket geek!

Good stuff Mr Rins, though I don't pretend to know if it all adds up, but you deffo sell a good story.

Hopefully, some of our other Cricket Experts - Tighty, gherkin, hector, Mere, Dubai (apologies to those I forgot to mention) all follow cricket with a keen eye - may comment accordingly.

We could ask Eso Kral, too, he can tell us whether Shah will be MIDDLE order.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #36248 on: April 03, 2013, 10:22:00 AM »

Love this bet
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36249 on: April 03, 2013, 10:23:48 AM »

Love this bet

There you go Rinsy, we have warmth from a Cricket Bloke.

On my way.......

Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #36250 on: April 03, 2013, 10:26:07 AM »

If Tighty likes it a lot, might be worth having a bit more on. Shah is also a pretty selfish batsmen, so he scores runs even when games are lost and its never evens each of two when he is involved in a run out, you always fancy the batsmen the other end to be walking off
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #36251 on: April 03, 2013, 10:27:18 AM »

Heh, glad to hear it. If anyone ever takes a trip down to Hove, give me a shout and i'll happily get the drinks in.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #36252 on: April 03, 2013, 10:27:51 AM »

I have them as favs over everyone in the playoffs bar Watford, who I'm hoping will get automatic promotion.

Clear jollies v Forest and Palace, possibly each of two with Hull.

Hull have a very poor record versus sides near the top, but are very good at putting away poorer teams.
Would be in your favour for Watford to get automatic promotion.
If Hull drop into the play offs, will certainly be looking to oppose them in some way.

Hull's run-in is in their favour though, so there is a fair chance they will go straight up.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36253 on: April 03, 2013, 10:28:27 AM »

We are on!

This will be a nice long sweat. Can I ask you to keep us regularly Updated, please?

We are also on Mumbai Indians Outright, so we have two IPL bets now.

We have £40 @ 7/4, Boylesports, Shah, Top English Batterer, IPL.

ON

Bet ref: 81/79 Shah, Owais @ 7/4
Indian Premier League
Top England Batsman
Total stake £40.00
Estimated return £110.00
Full stake £40.00
Full estimated return £110.00

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36254 on: April 03, 2013, 10:29:27 AM »

Looks very good logic on the Shah bet. Wright plays lots of games he wins, but as is said chances are he won't do

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 2413 2414 2415 2416 [2417] 2418 2419 2420 2421 ... 9207 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: