blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:07:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 3784 3785 3786 3787 [3788] 3789 3790 3791 3792 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13435010 times)
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #56805 on: October 15, 2013, 10:14:37 AM »

No bets placed or concluded yesterday,and so far as I can tell no activity on any of them ither

Daily Report tomorrow....

Bet thats a relief for you! an extra 10 minutes in your day!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56806 on: October 15, 2013, 10:18:15 AM »

No bets placed or concluded yesterday,and so far as I can tell no activity on any of them ither

if it was only 10 minutes.....

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56807 on: October 15, 2013, 10:21:07 AM »

10 minutes?!

Make that an hour on an average day, 2 hours at weekends......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56808 on: October 15, 2013, 10:33:44 AM »

I really like England to win and both teams to score tomrrow night 5/2 Coral or William Hill

Did this last week v Montenegro, and the price is the same for tomorrow

England are 1/4, so no value

Looking around for alternatives, Poland have options going forward and England are look to me capable of letting the odd one in, even if it is just a consolation as last week

Would 5/2 Eng/BTTS be value?

In think we came to the view, aided by Gherkin's maths, that simple BTTS @ 6/4 (11/8 now) repped better value.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/world-cup/matches/england-v-poland/both-teams-to-score

Wanna get on, if so, how much? Dont think its a bet to get silly with, but maybe worth £20 or £30 perhaps?

horsey mentioned Poland were as high as 14/1 in places, wow. I just don't think that these workaday International Games are a good betting medium these days, except in certain circumstances. (One-sided games, where FGS is value, for example).

I can't imagine ever feeling comfortable backing England for any significant sum in any circumstance. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #56809 on: October 15, 2013, 11:44:30 AM »

I really like England to win and both teams to score tomrrow night 5/2 Coral or William Hill

Looking around for alternatives, Poland have options going forward and England are look to me capable of letting the odd one in, even if it is just a consolation as last week

In think we came to the view, aided by Gherkin's maths, that simple BTTS @ 6/4 (11/8 now) repped better value.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/world-cup/matches/england-v-poland/both-teams-to-score

Wanna get on, if so, how much? Dont think its a bet to get silly with, but maybe worth £20 or £30 perhaps?

horsey mentioned Poland were as high as 14/1 in places, wow. I just don't think that these workaday International Games are a good betting medium these days, except in certain circumstances. (One-sided games, where FGS is value, for example).

I can't imagine ever feeling comfortable backing England for any significant sum in any circumstance. 

Someone with a reliable spreadsheet should be able to add together the relevant scores.  However, the "both teams to score" market is just a derivarive of the main market - so surely it will only be wrong if the main market is wrong ie Poland are more likely to score (and win) than the market thinks?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56810 on: October 15, 2013, 11:50:58 AM »

Someone with a reliable spreadsheet should be able to add together the relevant scores.  However, the "both teams to score" market is just a derivarive of the main market - so surely it will only be wrong if the main market is wrong ie Poland are more likely to score (and win) than the market thinks?

Not sure - the debate was between two very specific markets, being BTTS (6/4 at the time) & Eng/BTTS, 5/2.

It was later suggested, with maths back up, that in theory, BTTS was the better of the two. 

I don't really know how many goals a team who are 1/4 at home are supposed to score - 3, 4? - neither do I know if the 14/1 dog is supposed to score at least a lone reply.

In truth, it looks like I know very little. No need to reply to that.

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #56811 on: October 15, 2013, 12:02:39 PM »

Based on the under/over 2.5 market and the match odds England should average 2.5 goals and Poland .54 goals.

fwiw my spreadsheet makes btts 2.55, but it seems to underestimate the less likely scores in one-sided matches like this.   It makes England winning and btts 3.9, so I think that is prob a swerve.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #56812 on: October 15, 2013, 02:24:23 PM »

I used the current Asian market as that tends to be a bit more fluid and accurate and made it a bit more likely than doubleup but not even then probably best case scenario would be that 5/2 was close to being neutral EV.  I find it fairly hard to juggle the numbers and make it value.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #56813 on: October 15, 2013, 02:42:49 PM »

Is the new exchange in  the ad above just lads effort on there own or a rebranding of betdaq?

Texted my man who knows these things and he sayed...

"Yep. It's called Betdaq and has just been rebranded. "In-running betting not a priority" according to someone I know at the Daq."

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #56814 on: October 15, 2013, 03:08:23 PM »

Nobody putting anything up for tonight?

Bet365

Spain vs Georgia

Spain are big favourites, so Michu (7/2) and Negredo (3/1) are worth a tenner e/w or whatever we are limited to.

I notice Nicklas Bendtner is 3/1 to be FGS in the Denmark against Malta.  He is a bit of a figure of fun, but Denmark are 1/50 vs Malta, and Bendtner scored twice the other day against Italy, so 3/1 Bendtner each way must be done.  Tal will be pleased to have one of his heroes in amongst the tips.

Wayne Rooney a smidgen of value too at 9/2 e/w.  Maybe get bigger ice cream points for this one than the above 3 too.

Suggest tenners each way on all the above, or whatever we can get.

And on the coupon that we can't mention, I have gone Benzema, Michu, Lukaku, Balotelli.  I was limited to £12 on the trebles, so did that on the 4 fold too.  Don't know how we can bet this without mentioning it, but has anybody got anything against these 4, or better options? 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #56815 on: October 15, 2013, 03:35:32 PM »

I think Bendtner is a great bet but sadly can't see a market for him?

kpnuts

KP Nuts: All Hat, No Cattle

View Profile
« Reply #56816 on: October 15, 2013, 03:38:16 PM »

he's suspended, misses game.

@kpnuts134
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #56817 on: October 15, 2013, 03:39:14 PM »

well that would make perfect sense. tks

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #56818 on: October 15, 2013, 03:40:07 PM »

Sad  Wondered where he had gone.  Any preference on the other Danes, KP?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
kpnuts

KP Nuts: All Hat, No Cattle

View Profile
« Reply #56819 on: October 15, 2013, 03:48:20 PM »

Sad  Wondered where he had gone.  Any preference on the other Danes, KP?

Haven't got a clue as to likely line-up. Helenius, current fav, not exactly prolific, only scored 40 in 100+ games in Danish league & yet to score for Villa.
Be a shame not to find one as Danes have every incentive to knock in a hatful, requiring a 7-goal turnaround on goal difference v Bulgaria to nab 2nd assuming both win...

@kpnuts134
Pages: 1 ... 3784 3785 3786 3787 [3788] 3789 3790 3791 3792 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: