blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:18:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272575 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 5786 5787 5788 5789 [5790] 5791 5792 5793 5794 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13425215 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #86835 on: September 12, 2014, 10:02:01 PM »

Newly promoted side Luton host Cheltenham this weekend.
Luton sit 20th in the table having won one, drew 2 out of 6. Seems they could be set to struggle this season.
Cheltenham are 2nd in the table, winning 4 and drawing 2.

Cheltenham 2 away wins, 1 draw.
Luton at home, 3 losses, 1 draw.

Luton 2.66
Cheltenham 3.0
Exchange.

Draw no bet 1.97.

Thoughts on betting Cheltenham?

I've somehow backed them to win League 2...

Someone must have put them up here, because I've not got a clue about the Prem, nevermind L2 Cheesy

Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #86836 on: September 12, 2014, 10:02:51 PM »

Peter, what price would you make da Costa?

Would you bet him at 16/1? 12/1? 8/1?

Just wondering about the bet sizes, as we should adjust the bets to reflect how wrong we think the prices are.

Very hard question!

He had one day of testing in this car, but it was the very first day for everybody so his time isn't really representative at all - people were not pushing. Therefore, the big consideration is how quick he will adapt to the car, and that's something I really can't answer. If pushed, on balance, I would say around 8/1.

I still wouldn't recommend betting more than £5 on it though, would be too risky in my opinion. Plus I don't want a big loss (which it probably will be) on my record haha - again, I'm very wary that this is not my money :p

I'll leave it up to you guys :-)

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #86837 on: September 12, 2014, 10:25:22 PM »

Adrian Peterson has just been indicted for causing injury to a child. Didn't practice yesterday and now we know why. Must surely have doubts about him playing on Sunday.

Should we be getting on some markets here?

Scuy still has markets up. Asiata first Minesota TD 17/2? Anytime 3/1?

Everyone else seems to have seen the news anyway.

Points line should increase, right? Have to assume Vikings resort to passing more, if their main grinder on the ground isn't there. 48.5 best available with £3.65.

Peterson has practiced today, but will have to go to Texas to meet with police. Status must be in doubt?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 10:36:10 PM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #86838 on: September 12, 2014, 10:29:23 PM »

Emily Middlemas for X Factor. 20-1 in a couple of lolspots, 17-1 with Dominic Cork's mob.

Suggest the gentleman of TfT get on while she's still double figures.

There's no untapped talent left in this country among the old brigade imo and this girl looks the business. She only got a minute or so on ITV, hence she's slid under the radar, but there's plenty of other stuff to watch on Youtube.

Rec £30 for thread if we're able to get on at 16-1+ anywhere.

You been talking to Brucie chomps, he's on at 33/1 and 25/1
bunnydas8888

View Profile
« Reply #86839 on: September 12, 2014, 11:41:33 PM »

You may or may not know that Formula E starts tomorrow, a second top-level Worldwide motorsport series, and the first global electric racing series.

As this is a brand new series, there are extremely limited betting markets with only Ladbrokes and Betfair offering odds. Testing has been very limited, and drivers have only had a maximum of five days in the car (most haven't even had that!). Making any bet suggestion now would be somewhat of a stab in the dark because everything is completely new.

Having said that, based on my knowledge of racing drivers in general, and using those five days of testing I would suggest the following bet:

£10 on Sebastien Buemi @ 3/1 to win the Beijing ePrix with Ladbrokes. He is the favourite, but in my opinion he is the quickest driver by some margin in this series - at least at the start of the season, therefore this price does represent value.

Would also suggest £5 on Antonio Felix da Costa at 20/1 with Betfair - he's a quick driver who has shown in the past he can turn his hand to anything, 20/1 is definitely value on this guy - the only person who has the potential to be as talented as Sebastian Vettel in my opinion.

http://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-e/beijing-eprix/winner

Note: Formula E runs all their sessions on a Saturday, so don't wait until Sunday haha - place it ASAP Smiley

No love for Heidfeld or Trulli e/w at fancy prices?  Heidfeld always had a knack of getting on the podium and for some strange reason i was a bit of a Trulli fanboy back in the day  Always droe well i felt.

(haven't seen any of the testing etc so could be way off with this)
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #86840 on: September 13, 2014, 12:48:04 AM »

Apologies for the late reply on the FA cup games.

Marske V Dunston, my friend is close with the assistant manager of marske who are extremely confident of beating Dunston having already seen them play.

Shildon V Whitby, another one of my friends from my time up at boro has just left Shildon and is of the opinion although shildon are decent, Whitby will win as quiet simply theyre a better team.

Bishop Auckland V Spennymoor, according to both said friends Spennymoor should piss this.

Now to put things into perspective neither of them know a lot about betting apart from the weekly 2 quid acca but have excellent knowledge of the northern league and are very good players at the level.

Finally, Harrogate V Clitheroe, an old teammate/schoolmate of mine plays for Harrogate. The reverse fixture was played last week and Harrogate won 1-0. So surprised to see them priced as pick em, considering Harrogate are at home even tho home advantage is negligeable at this level.

This is an extract of his facebook message:  The thing is now, it'll be hard to call as we both know how each other play. I'd say we edged it slightly with the possession and shots but then again our consistency has been a little shy this year, however we're 3 wins on the trot. We also missed a penalty in the game.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/fa-cup

I'll leave stakes up to you.

JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #86841 on: September 13, 2014, 01:42:26 AM »

Emily Middlemas for X Factor. 20-1 in a couple of lolspots, 17-1 with Dominic Cork's mob.

Suggest the gentleman of TfT get on while she's still double figures.

There's no untapped talent left in this country among the old brigade imo and this girl looks the business. She only got a minute or so on ITV, hence she's slid under the radar, but there's plenty of other stuff to watch on Youtube.

Rec £30 for thread if we're able to get on at 16-1+ anywhere.

You been talking to Brucie chomps, he's on at 33/1 and 25/1
Didn't he do well
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #86842 on: September 13, 2014, 01:47:44 AM »

Marske V Dunston, my friend is close with the assistant manager of marske who are extremely confident of beating Dunston having already seen them play.

Shildon V Whitby, another one of my friends from my time up at boro has just left Shildon and is of the opinion although shildon are decent, Whitby will win as quiet simply theyre a better team.

Bishop Auckland V Spennymoor, according to both said friends Spennymoor should piss this.

Now to put things into perspective neither of them know a lot about betting apart from the weekly 2 quid acca but have excellent knowledge of the northern league and are very good players at the level.

Finally, Harrogate V Clitheroe, an old teammate/schoolmate of mine plays for Harrogate. The reverse fixture was played last week and Harrogate won 1-0. So surprised to see them priced as pick em, considering Harrogate are at home even tho home advantage is negligeable at this level.

This is an extract of his facebook message:  The thing is now, it'll be hard to call as we both know how each other play. I'd say we edged it slightly with the possession and shots but then again our consistency has been a little shy this year, however we're 3 wins on the trot. We also missed a penalty in the game.

spenny should be huge favourites against bishop

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #86843 on: September 13, 2014, 08:53:57 AM »

Daily Report

Loss on Month £182.51

Outstanding Bets £4630.15

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aia1Hxq-NDNWdFk3UmlTSXMzTjRBTVNfOWRndVFsZHc&usp=drive_web#gid=29

A loss of £10 yesterday

In Celebrity Big Brother Edele finished 6th, one place behind Dee the top woman in 5th. A loss of £30 on the Edele bets offset by the £20 lay to cover placed on Thursday

Click to see full-size image.

ongoing positions

In the AL East last night i checked the fixtures and my heart skipped, skipped, skipped a beat. The Baltimore Orioles were to host the New York Yankees in a double-header. Six pointers the pair.

In the first game the game was scoreless in extra-innings, when the Yankees scored a run at the top of the 11th. Shortstop Jimmy Paredes, a little used bench player was in the game, and up to bat hit a 2-out, bases-loaded double to win the game, 2-1 in the 11th

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2014_09_12_nyamlb_balmlb_1#gid=2014_09_12_nyamlb_balmlb_1&mode=video

In the second game the Orioles won comfortably 5-0

A great night then. For the Orioles this means they are 5 games away from winning the division (and that assumes the others win out ) , and are 11.5 games clear of the rest...

The Yankees are now 75-71. 16 games to go and need to hit 88 wins to prevent us winning that unders bet. 13 from 16? Unlikely

In the AL Central it is a different story. The Royals lost the Red Sox again, just not enough hitting and run support again and the Tigers beat the Indians to go half a game ahead in the division

Our long term Champion Hurdle position Clever Cookie finished 4th behind Estimate in the Doncaster Cup. This was part of a double for Ryan Moore who moved 9 ahead of Hughes in the Jockey's Campionship race

Yesterdays Indyref poll from ICM was No 51-Yes 49. Including don't knows and showing the trend of polls below. Women support NO in ICM poll 55% to 45%. Scottish men by contrast are, by 52% to 48%, in favour YES

The high percentage of Don't Knows in ICM compared to yougov is because yougov polling respondents are part of a panel signed up to answer polls, so already politically engaged

Meanwhile for GE2015 the latest Stephen Fisher projection came out. We are on LDs <33 seats and 21-33 seats

Anyway my favourite politicial tale from yesterday was the young woman at Glasgow Airport who walks past Nigel Farage, then does a double-take. "Whoa!" she cries to her boyfriend, top of her voice so the news cameras picked it up. "It's that twat!"

Today is a big day, but unfortunately I am not going to be online, so up to tikay if he can place bets

for our portfolio...

The St Leger and Irish Champion...windhsear and Al kazeem

Football bets, huddersfield, jack payne, schneiderlin etc

The World Basketball final, USA v Serbia

the end of the Vuelta...

etc etc 

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #86844 on: September 13, 2014, 08:57:34 AM »

Morning Tighty, hold off on those previous Formula E bets I suggested, just about to write up new ones Smiley

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #86845 on: September 13, 2014, 08:58:08 AM »

You may or may not know that Formula E starts tomorrow, a second top-level Worldwide motorsport series, and the first global electric racing series.

As this is a brand new series, there are extremely limited betting markets with only Ladbrokes and Betfair offering odds. Testing has been very limited, and drivers have only had a maximum of five days in the car (most haven't even had that!). Making any bet suggestion now would be somewhat of a stab in the dark because everything is completely new.

Having said that, based on my knowledge of racing drivers in general, and using those five days of testing I would suggest the following bet:

£10 on Sebastien Buemi @ 3/1 to win the Beijing ePrix with Ladbrokes. He is the favourite, but in my opinion he is the quickest driver by some margin in this series - at least at the start of the season, therefore this price does represent value.

Would also suggest £5 on Antonio Felix da Costa at 20/1 with Betfair - he's a quick driver who has shown in the past he can turn his hand to anything, 20/1 is definitely value on this guy - the only person who has the potential to be as talented as Sebastian Vettel in my opinion.

Note: Formula E runs all their sessions on a Saturday, so don't wait until Sunday haha - place it ASAP Smiley

With Prost on pole, Buemi is 16-1 and Da Costa not quoted

I assume i can ignore these above?

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #86846 on: September 13, 2014, 08:59:16 AM »

Newly promoted side Luton host Cheltenham this weekend.
Luton sit 20th in the table having won one, drew 2 out of 6. Seems they could be set to struggle this season.
Cheltenham are 2nd in the table, winning 4 and drawing 2.

Cheltenham 2 away wins, 1 draw.
Luton at home, 3 losses, 1 draw.

Luton 2.66
Cheltenham 3.0
Exchange.

Draw no bet 1.97.

Thoughts on betting Cheltenham?

no particular thoughts. Luton were one of the ante-post favourites but have been very disappointing in their first year back up

other views welcome

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #86847 on: September 13, 2014, 09:00:31 AM »

Adrian Peterson has just been indicted for causing injury to a child. Didn't practice yesterday and now we know why. Must surely have doubts about him playing on Sunday.

Should we be getting on some markets here?

Scuy still has markets up. Asiata first Minesota TD 17/2? Anytime 3/1?

Everyone else seems to have seen the news anyway.

Points line should increase, right? Have to assume Vikings resort to passing more, if their main grinder on the ground isn't there. 48.5 best available with £3.65.

Peterson has practiced today, but will have to go to Texas to meet with police. Status must be in doubt?

Peterson is out.

I like Cordarrelle Patterson again, rather than any Minnesota back up RB

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #86848 on: September 13, 2014, 09:01:21 AM »

You may remember some talk of the FA Cup 1st qualifying round being priced up by BV the other day. Well Baldie, Billy and BetBright have done too now.

It has been reported in the local newspaper that Dulwich Hamlet will be playing a weakened team at home to Worthing tomorrow as they see the league as a higher priority. Dulwich are in the Ryman Premier whereas Worthing are in the Ryman Division One South. I would guess that the compilers have just seen this fact and have therefore priced up Dulwich as massive favourites. However, if the reports are true then 9/2 for Worthing could be value, maybe with a saver on the draw at 19/5?

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/fa-cup/dulwich-hamlet-v-worthing/winner

Any thoughts on this?

Not been following them as tightly this season I am afraid. But would remind you that Hamlet have a good academy of young players with their effective b team being a decent match for a team from the league below.

But you could be spot on, so don't want to sway you either way. Hamlet also get huge crowds for this standard. Nearly 3000 last week, for a special pay what you like for charity day. But they normally get in over 700 and have a raucous (for this standard) support behind one of the goals to help.

will leave this one

must be a reasonable chance that a Hamlets squad team will be better than a team a division below?

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #86849 on: September 13, 2014, 09:03:59 AM »

spenny should be huge favourites against bishop

they are, would have had a go if they were odds against

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/fa-cup/bishop-auckland-v-spennymoor/winner

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 5786 5787 5788 5789 [5790] 5791 5792 5793 5794 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: