blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:42:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 7186 7187 7188 7189 [7190] 7191 7192 7193 7194 ... 9207 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13331826 times)
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #107835 on: October 09, 2015, 09:51:31 PM »

Presume ref gave a foul for something before it went in?

That is one of the worst ways to back a valoooo loser!
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #107836 on: October 09, 2015, 10:08:32 PM »

3 pens and 3 diff scorers? Could have gave one to our boy.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #107837 on: October 09, 2015, 10:08:58 PM »

Ruled out for Offside (nowhere near the ball but never mind) tricked a few others as well

NBC DeportesVerified account ‏@NBCDeportes  27m27 minutes ago View translation
#Euro2016 Al 52' Goool de Fabian Schar, que marca el 2-0 de #Suiza ante #SanMarino
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #107838 on: October 09, 2015, 10:09:48 PM »

3 pens and 3 diff scorers? Could have gave one to our boy.

Yep two defenders score as well

Annoyance not quite the word
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #107839 on: October 09, 2015, 10:10:08 PM »

What a bossUseless, horsey! Well done.

3 of the 4 strongest favourites in the nfl this week are 2-2 or worse after 4 weeks

anyone fancy any of the dogs at +7 +8 +9 etc?

http://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/point-spread-coupon

the Rams +9.5 at the Packers was one i thought was very interesting. very very good defense, revamped OL, Gurley broke out last week and we might get 10 points....

Let down spot for the Rams surely.

Huge emotional win against divisional rivals on the roas, now travel east for a non divisional matchup.

I must be ill. I like the Bears +10

The most Kansas City have scored this season is 28 points and that was in the gunslinger against Green Bay. Surely even Chicago can score 19 points?

Think the Bears might let down too.

They celebrated like they won the Superbowl after beating the mighty Raiders last week.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #107840 on: October 09, 2015, 10:21:40 PM »

Referee: Gestranius M. (Fin) off the xmas card list after that

ends 7-0 cant really ask for more great bet no rub of the green.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #107841 on: October 09, 2015, 11:17:23 PM »

Referee: Gestranius M. (Fin) off the xmas card list after that

ends 7-0 cant really ask for more great bet no rub of the green.

Hard to run worse than that John, very unlucky.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #107842 on: October 09, 2015, 11:18:32 PM »

I posted this over on the Strictly Thread, as I'm busy most of tomorrow.

Week Three is Movie Week

The first of the special weeks (Hallowe'en and Blackpool the other two), everybody goes a bit mad. The costumes are even more flamboyant, the professionals come up with outlandish numbers and judges often get brought along in the hysteria and give a few extra marks. We can expect the person who tops the leaderboard to get 32. I'd go as far as to say we may well see our first nine tomorrow.

We are looking for less of this...

Click to see full-size image.

and more of this...

It's two hours of big, camp craziness. Logically, this favours the more energetic dances.

As if to prove a point, the Coralol Odds Compiler put his prices up at 6:45, while we had yet to see a few of the performers' latest footage on It Takes Two. Brave move, sir. By 7:30, the top two had drifted and he'd nicked a bit off the rest. I mean why bother sticking the prices up in the first place? Anyway...

The Top of the Market - Highest Scorer

Tough to get this right, because everyone still has weaknesses that are all too easy to spot, so it's a case of working out who might have the fewest.

Ok, so let's start with his Peterness. Dressed as a pirate, with one of the best choreographers on the show as his partner, we can expect all sorts from Cap'n Pete. However, his paso footage is all footwork and no shape. Ian Waite was critical on the Wednesday/Thursday Warm Up and the footage from yesterday we saw this evening has no sign of improvement. He doesn't look the part to me at all. He won't be on last this week (surely!), so no pressure on the judges to overmark him... 3/1? No thanks.

Jay - who has gone from Mick Hucknall to Howard Donald, after his barnetectomy - has great feet and his weight in his jive footage looks very good. It's tough for taller, stronger people to jive (ever tried it at a wedding? Hard enough spinning auntie mavis to Jailhouse Rock. Try doing a full routine with Aliona Vilani who is dressed as Uma Thurman). I like that I keep seeing him in dance shoes and Aliona can play to his strengths for sure by putting lots of spins in it. He deserves to be joint favourite, but 3/1 is about the money. He may tire late on and his flicks aren't that good.

Helen is third at 9/2. She looks excellent and Aljaz has a reputation for working his dancers hard, which Helen complained about today on the sofa with Zoe! It shows, though, and she would not surprise anyone by topping the leaderboard with her foxtrot. It's the hardest ballroom dance to do, but early weeks favour the women in ballroom, because the pro men can lead and cover up a multitude of sins.

Katie joins her at 9/2. Now I think she also looks good and those legs will be doing good things on the dancefloor, no question. Anton being top of the leaderboard in a latin number? I'd want more than 9/2 for that. The judges might save their nines for a quickstep, methinks.

Georgia May Foote is doing a rumba. It's a very difficult dance and she is being pushed to do some intricate moves. She has complained about a lot of spins and Giovanni has said he has put a double spin in, which is pretty serious. It also suggests there will be a lot of light and shade in it, where there's fast bits and then slow bits. That's incredibly hard to pull off. Week three? Hmmm... There is also the fact this will be a slow, sensual dance in a sea of lively, penguin-fuelled hyperbole. It could easily be a bit out of tune with the rest. Darcey and Craig will be critical if she misses a note. 9/1 is not attractive to me at all.

That leaves us with more before we get into the no-channers...

Anita is dancing to Ghost's Unchained Melody (not Robson and Jerome). It is an American Smooth, which is normally done as a foxtrot, but can be any ballroom dance. Gleb has chosen a Viennese Waltz. Whilst there are only four actual moves in a Viennese Waltz (natural turn, reverse turn, Fleckerl and Reverse Fleckerl), it's probably the hardest version to do as an American Smooth. Now, he has danced as a pro on the American and Russian versions of this show, so he knows what he is doing. There is only one reason he has chosen to do a Viennese Waltz: because he believes she can do it. Her footwork looks good in training and she has been threatening to turn a good one in, in the first two weeks. This may be her week. 7/1 might be a spot. My only notes of concern are we have yet to see her in hold in the show and, going by the training footage, there seems to be a fair bit of - to use a Len-ism - fannying about. If that happens, she might get three favourable judges' scores and get just a severrrrn from Head Judge.

The one I really like is Kellie. She has coped really well with two tough routines so far. Kevin likes to test his partners and that can work both ways. He does excel in the theme weeks, though: remember Frankie Bridge last year doing "I Want To Be In America" as a Paso Doble last year? This week: Star Wars Charleston? Amazing. More importantly...she looks absolutely fantastic in training. We all love a Charleston and we all know what Craig wants to see: swivel. There's tons of it. If she swivels any more she'll break her ankles. They look in sync, they have a ton of work to do in one of these, but it's a fun week and everyone will be on their feet if she nails it. 8/1 is a corking price. I'd be happy to back her at 5/1.

Kellie Bright is my value tip for the top this week.

The price immediately shrivelled. Good evening, Mr Choral. She is now 13/2 for Highest Score tomorrow.

Fred has £10 @ 8/1 through me if he wants it.

Thanks Tal - £10 @ 8/1 BOOKED.

Good luck us.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 11:44:38 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #107843 on: October 09, 2015, 11:29:25 PM »

£10 is all I can offer, Tikay. Assume 19 is a typo Smiley

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #107844 on: October 09, 2015, 11:44:05 PM »

Oops, yes, typo, sorry.

Will edit.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #107845 on: October 09, 2015, 11:59:03 PM »

Oops, yes, typo, sorry.

Will edit.

Comes to something when you're getting restricted at TalBet

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #107846 on: October 10, 2015, 12:23:38 AM »

Fred can't get on as it's with the Irish bookie but if anyone else is at a loose end at 4am and fancies a punt, I quite like "Cricket Australia XI to score less than 146.5 runs" at 21/10 against Tasmania.

Cricket Australia XI is made up of youngsters who aren't good enough to get in the state sides at the moment. They could probably do with some old heads in their to help them along for sure and so far they've took some hidings. In their two games so far they have scored 59 all out in 24.4 overs and 79 all out in 28 overs. It's a 50 over comp but they've got no-where near batting the overs out, never mind making a competitive score.

Tasmania bowled out Queensland for 196 in their first game, which is pretty good in normal circumstances. They have a solid attack, with Aussie new boy Fekete in their ranks with Internationals Faulkner and Doherty, with Jackson Bird offering decent back-up. On what they young un's have shown in their first 2 games, they could be lambs to the slaughter again ...
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #107847 on: October 10, 2015, 12:34:12 AM »

I posted this over on the Strictly Thread, as I'm busy most of tomorrow.

Week Three is Movie Week

The first of the special weeks (Hallowe'en and Blackpool the other two), everybody goes a bit mad. The costumes are even more flamboyant, the professionals come up with outlandish numbers and judges often get brought along in the hysteria and give a few extra marks. We can expect the person who tops the leaderboard to get 32. I'd go as far as to say we may well see our first nine tomorrow.

We are looking for less of this...

Click to see full-size image.

and more of this...

It's two hours of big, camp craziness. Logically, this favours the more energetic dances.

As if to prove a point, the Coralol Odds Compiler put his prices up at 6:45, while we had yet to see a few of the performers' latest footage on It Takes Two. Brave move, sir. By 7:30, the top two had drifted and he'd nicked a bit off the rest. I mean why bother sticking the prices up in the first place? Anyway...

The Top of the Market - Highest Scorer

Tough to get this right, because everyone still has weaknesses that are all too easy to spot, so it's a case of working out who might have the fewest.

Ok, so let's start with his Peterness. Dressed as a pirate, with one of the best choreographers on the show as his partner, we can expect all sorts from Cap'n Pete. However, his paso footage is all footwork and no shape. Ian Waite was critical on the Wednesday/Thursday Warm Up and the footage from yesterday we saw this evening has no sign of improvement. He doesn't look the part to me at all. He won't be on last this week (surely!), so no pressure on the judges to overmark him... 3/1? No thanks.

Jay - who has gone from Mick Hucknall to Howard Donald, after his barnetectomy - has great feet and his weight in his jive footage looks very good. It's tough for taller, stronger people to jive (ever tried it at a wedding? Hard enough spinning auntie mavis to Jailhouse Rock. Try doing a full routine with Aliona Vilani who is dressed as Uma Thurman). I like that I keep seeing him in dance shoes and Aliona can play to his strengths for sure by putting lots of spins in it. He deserves to be joint favourite, but 3/1 is about the money. He may tire late on and his flicks aren't that good.

Helen is third at 9/2. She looks excellent and Aljaz has a reputation for working his dancers hard, which Helen complained about today on the sofa with Zoe! It shows, though, and she would not surprise anyone by topping the leaderboard with her foxtrot. It's the hardest ballroom dance to do, but early weeks favour the women in ballroom, because the pro men can lead and cover up a multitude of sins.

Katie joins her at 9/2. Now I think she also looks good and those legs will be doing good things on the dancefloor, no question. Anton being top of the leaderboard in a latin number? I'd want more than 9/2 for that. The judges might save their nines for a quickstep, methinks.

Georgia May Foote is doing a rumba. It's a very difficult dance and she is being pushed to do some intricate moves. She has complained about a lot of spins and Giovanni has said he has put a double spin in, which is pretty serious. It also suggests there will be a lot of light and shade in it, where there's fast bits and then slow bits. That's incredibly hard to pull off. Week three? Hmmm... There is also the fact this will be a slow, sensual dance in a sea of lively, penguin-fuelled hyperbole. It could easily be a bit out of tune with the rest. Darcey and Craig will be critical if she misses a note. 9/1 is not attractive to me at all.

That leaves us with more before we get into the no-channers...

Anita is dancing to Ghost's Unchained Melody (not Robson and Jerome). It is an American Smooth, which is normally done as a foxtrot, but can be any ballroom dance. Gleb has chosen a Viennese Waltz. Whilst there are only four actual moves in a Viennese Waltz (natural turn, reverse turn, Fleckerl and Reverse Fleckerl), it's probably the hardest version to do as an American Smooth. Now, he has danced as a pro on the American and Russian versions of this show, so he knows what he is doing. There is only one reason he has chosen to do a Viennese Waltz: because he believes she can do it. Her footwork looks good in training and she has been threatening to turn a good one in, in the first two weeks. This may be her week. 7/1 might be a spot. My only notes of concern are we have yet to see her in hold in the show and, going by the training footage, there seems to be a fair bit of - to use a Len-ism - fannying about. If that happens, she might get three favourable judges' scores and get just a severrrrn from Head Judge.

The one I really like is Kellie. She has coped really well with two tough routines so far. Kevin likes to test his partners and that can work both ways. He does excel in the theme weeks, though: remember Frankie Bridge last year doing "I Want To Be In America" as a Paso Doble last year? This week: Star Wars Charleston? Amazing. More importantly...she looks absolutely fantastic in training. We all love a Charleston and we all know what Craig wants to see: swivel. There's tons of it. If she swivels any more she'll break her ankles. They look in sync, they have a ton of work to do in one of these, but it's a fun week and everyone will be on their feet if she nails it. 8/1 is a corking price. I'd be happy to back her at 5/1.

Kellie Bright is my value tip for the top this week.

The price immediately shrivelled. Good evening, Mr Choral. She is now 13/2 for Highest Score tomorrow.

Fred has £10 @ 8/1 through me if he wants it.

Thanks Tal - £10 @ 8/1 BOOKED.

Good luck us.

Taking 8/1 when 13/2 was the best price at the time of the offer? 

Is that the sound of a big can of worms opening?   

The one bookie book doesn't look dripping in value, but still.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #107848 on: October 10, 2015, 12:40:06 AM »

^^^^

Ha, Auditor Doobs is correct.

13/2 it is.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #107849 on: October 10, 2015, 12:51:50 AM »

It was 8/1 when I placed the bet and put an extra £10 on for Fred. Fairly obvious once I'd posted the analysis placed any kind of bet it was going to get shortened, so thought I'd do it while I was there. Does that not count?

I'll leave it to the men with clipboards to decide. 

Here's hoping we get our first Strictly bink of the series.

Pages: 1 ... 7186 7187 7188 7189 [7190] 7191 7192 7193 7194 ... 9207 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: