blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:45:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8056 8057 8058 8059 [8060] 8061 8062 8063 8064 ... 9207 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13332721 times)
Lonohray2

View Profile
« Reply #120885 on: August 24, 2016, 12:09:35 AM »

Happy with 11/10 as I make him favourite to win.

Had a bet on this, is a great watch, this 5th game in second set

Currently 1 set down 2/2 in second set

Edit: absolutely brutal to lose that fifth game, don't know how may deuce that was
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 12:12:01 AM by Lonohray2 » Logged
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #120886 on: August 24, 2016, 01:02:39 AM »

Is it cash only in Betting Shops?

I'm like HM The Queen, I don't generally carry cash. Filthy stuff.

No, you can use your debit card to pay and collect.

Is there any chance you could find walks with, PP, WH, Coral ?

I question the wisdom of using a debit card linked to banned accounts.  Surely they must check?

My mate, who is only a shop manager, says not. It's possible of course that they do and he doesn't know. They agree how much you can have on before they know how you are going to pay.

At the amounts Fred bets I don't see Tikay having any problems in London.

Tikay could always use a different debit card to the one linked to his Ladbrokes account.

I'd be amazed if the companies who illegally share cctv footage of punters, wouldn't also do this. Admittedly, I can't prove anything but its always a bit suspicious when you get earmarked on the first visit to a shop having changed your outfit in the car. (https://www.gov.uk/data-protection-your-business/using-cctv cctv in betting shops is surely earmarked for security and not is it that muppet from X shop down the road)

I just don't understand why they wouldn't.  If I was to open a second account online, I'd make sure that I didn't use the same card, clear cookies etc.  I'd avoid using a debit card, and joining any membership scheme etc in a bookies where I was banned online.  I don't even think I am that paranoid. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Lonohray2

View Profile
« Reply #120887 on: August 24, 2016, 01:11:28 AM »

I question the wisdom of using a debit card linked to banned accounts.  Surely they must check?

My mate, who is only a shop manager, says not. It's possible of course that they do and he doesn't know. They agree how much you can have on before they know how you are going to pay.

Tikay could always use a different debit card to the one linked to his Ladbrokes account.

I'd be amazed if the companies who illegally share cctv footage of punters, wouldn't also do this. Admittedly, I can't prove anything but its always a bit suspicious when you get earmarked on the first visit to a shop having changed your outfit in the car. (https://www.gov.uk/data-protection-your-business/using-cctv cctv in betting shops is surely earmarked for security and not is it that muppet from X shop down the road)

I just don't understand why they wouldn't.  If I was to open a second account online, I'd make sure that I didn't use the same card, clear cookies etc.  I'd avoid using a debit card, and joining any membership scheme etc in a bookies where I was banned online.  I don't even think I am that paranoid. 

Absolutely would not use debit cards even if smaller amounts. It's not as if Tikay is going to be using the shops for premiership accumulators; getting on first try scorers for Warrington or Donald Young in first round ATP tennis qualifiers, or most sacks in an NFL season may well be bets they have to call up traders for, and if there's a string of winners and the shop keeps calling at 11.30 everyday a pattern may arise.

My girlfriend works as a part time manager in a shop and has a list of "runners" who have been restricted/banned and she gets asked when calling traders descriptions of the people looking to bet. It isn't her or the other shop managers decision, and they aren't aware if cards are tracked but it makes no sense why they wouldn't be, besides the whole point of doing this is to get around the first banning.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #120888 on: August 24, 2016, 01:31:37 AM »

Just draw a monkey out at the cash point, and throw a few quid in your pocket when you're out mooching.

stumpythefish

View Profile
« Reply #120889 on: August 24, 2016, 01:38:09 AM »

They don't track the card but they check the person but the stakes tikay is putting on he wont have any problems

sonour

View Profile
« Reply #120890 on: August 24, 2016, 02:28:47 AM »

I question the wisdom of using a debit card linked to banned accounts.  Surely they must check?

Lisa will know better than me but I'd be amazed if they link the names.

I have fairly often paid with debit card and then got returns in cash which I'm pretty sure is against money laundering rules or at least guidance.

There's a shop by me that will take a bet by debit card but they can't credit winnings back to the card because the shop don't know the PIN or some kind of code they need to process refunds or maybe simply they don't know how to do it.
And it's been like this for 5 years that I know of.

Definitely against anti money laundering laws which say all winnings should be returned by the same method as the deposit.
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #120891 on: August 24, 2016, 02:32:08 AM »

They don't track the card but they check the person but the stakes tikay is putting on he wont have any problems

Agree
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #120892 on: August 24, 2016, 07:47:55 AM »

Interesting. The loyalty cards are obviously tracked or could be. Like others have said cash or not with the slightly obscure bets tikay might be placing he will have a nickname within a couple of bets imo

I question the wisdom of using a debit card linked to banned accounts.  Surely they must check?

I have fairly often paid with debit card and then got returns in cash which I'm pretty sure is against money laundering rules or at least guidance.

There's a shop by me that will take a bet by debit card but they can't credit winnings back to the card because the shop don't know the PIN or some kind of code they need to process refunds or maybe simply they don't know how to do it.

Definitely against anti money laundering laws which say all winnings should be returned by the same method as the deposit.
Tonibell

View Profile
« Reply #120893 on: August 24, 2016, 09:39:49 AM »

All this advice. Poor Tikay. He's going to be as nervous as a bride on her wedding night.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #120894 on: August 24, 2016, 09:45:56 AM »

All this advice. Poor Tikay. He's going to be as nervous as a bride on her wedding night.

Winner
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #120895 on: August 24, 2016, 02:29:33 PM »

I'd be very surprised if the " money laundering laws" say that.  A firms guidelines may say they need to do that, but I am not convinced the law will.  If somebody puts a £20 tennis bet on using a debit card and collects £40 in cash, I'd be astonished if any law was broken.  I'd suggest you'd be well within your rights to ask them to quote the exact section of the relevant act or regulation.  Of course this isn't the best thing to do if you really don't want to draw attention to yourself.  And of course they can just say we need to do it for data protection reasons or to ensure compliance with the act. 

If somebody comes in every day and shovels £500 in cash in to a FOBT then if nobody in the shop ever challenges then on the source of their funds then it would be entirely different.  I'd say that was exactly the sort of behavior that the act is aimed at.

I am not a lawyer or anything, but working contracts in financial services companies makes you pretty familiar with the data protection rules.  Every single company thinks that you would be unable to function without another refresher course on data protection.  I am well in to double figures right now. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #120896 on: August 24, 2016, 02:47:21 PM »

If you stake £100 on your card and come in another day to collect £220, you will more than likely be paid in cash.

They won't know your initial bet was via card unless you are a huge staking customer who they remember/have made a note of.

If you come in and load up £500 on a machine using your card, you're never getting paid any returns over maybe £200 in cash.

A lot of the time its about how much money they have in shop in their float rather than money laundering rules, as we all know theres fuck all money kept in bookies nowadays because of the threat of robberies etc.

Big winners have to wait for the insert to open (generally 30 mins, 15 some shops) or for the manager to make a trip to the bank if they want paying out in cash. The exception to this rule would be Saturday afternoons or big meetings.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120897 on: August 24, 2016, 03:04:45 PM »

I'm not sure they exactly say that, Lisa.

For instance, on some Online Poker Sites (those that are allied to Sports Betting Firms, & which have High St Shops), poker winnings at the table can be paid out in a High St Shop as cash. 

It used to be the case, too, that I could deposit cash in a Wm Hill shop, get a code, & that cash could be transferred to someone else on a Wm Hill Online platform by using that code.  A sort of "Gift Voucher" if you like. BoltPP would confirm if he were still around.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120898 on: August 24, 2016, 03:06:40 PM »

Not sure I like where this is going, Lisa.....Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120899 on: August 24, 2016, 03:13:48 PM »

Where is arbboy?

got himself banned

up at the end of the month iirc

Haha how did he get himself banned?

Late night trip to Stellasville, at a guess Cheesy

Might have been, yes, though those are usually on a Friday, this was a Thursday.

He will be free to post again from this Sunday or Monday. Whether he will feel disposed to remains to be seen. Many will hope he returns (peacefully) & we can get on with making money & enjoying ourselves, which is the whole sort of idea.

Unfortunately the matter that sparked it has done severe damage to blonde, as it was not just Argue that disappeared that night, other(s) left blonde in protest, too, & have not been seen since, & it's unlikely they will. After something of a mini recovery in June & July, blonde's post count in August will be the lowest on record, the first 2 months of 2005 excepted, not even 4,000 posts.

Such a shame we can't all be civil to each other. We reap what we sow.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 03:24:40 PM by tikay » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8056 8057 8058 8059 [8060] 8061 8062 8063 8064 ... 9207 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: