blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:06:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8260 8261 8262 8263 [8264] 8265 8266 8267 8268 ... 9207 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13331604 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #123945 on: December 10, 2016, 12:46:15 PM »

Think I need to make a decision on Methuselah's suggestion, so we are going to go with £10 EW @ 25/1, MODULE, Wm Hill, qtr odds, 4 places.

BET PLACED

I am not sure I'd put a bet on so early in a 16 runner race on changing ground.   But we only have to last 2 hours now.  Proper sweat.  25/1 obv a big win vs last njght.

Bouvreuil is back out close to 9/1 on betfair.  At least we are guaranteed the 4 places on that one.

You are right, I daresay, but I have to go out shortly, & Tighty is MIA, so we had a gamble. 2 sweats for the price of one.

Thoughts are with Tighty, as always, whose daughter remains unwell I believe.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #123946 on: December 10, 2016, 01:23:32 PM »

Going back to that race at Cheltenham, I pass this on FIO, I'm not speaking for or against it, & I don't really want to be told how bad it is or is not, but.....

For those with functioning Sky Bet accounts, they are offering 5 places but one fifth odds, but generally they are offering poorer prices. Obviously.

This was something they are trialling, & when they did it last week, turnover (stakes & uniques) absolutely rocketed.

This is FIO, & I'm neither advocating it or deriding it.

I didn't spot the fifth odds at first.  I dare say most won't.  Cash out is taking advantage of people's bad maths ability, but think this is simply conning people.  I will smile a little if we lose 3 horses.

One of my mates said skysweat were offering 6 places to a 1/5 odds on a 16 runner hcap in lreland earlier this week which was incredible value given it was a cracking ew race anyway.  Turnover will always go through the roof when you are giving money away long term.  I could lay £5m worth of bets every hour or every day if i bet 11/10 each of two.  I would imagine the number of accounts being closed also rocketed as well during a promotion trial like this as it always attracts the wrong types for bigger money.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 01:40:26 PM by arbboy » Logged
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #123947 on: December 10, 2016, 01:48:56 PM »

Going back to that race at Cheltenham, I pass this on FIO, I'm not speaking for or against it, & I don't really want to be told how bad it is or is not, but.....

For those with functioning Sky Bet accounts, they are offering 5 places but one fifth odds, but generally they are offering poorer prices. Obviously.

This was something they are trialling, & when they did it last week, turnover (stakes & uniques) absolutely rocketed.

This is FIO, & I'm neither advocating it or deriding it.

I didn't spot the fifth odds at first.  I dare say most won't.  Cash out is taking advantage of people's bad maths ability, but think this is simply conning people.  I will smile a little if we lose 3 horses.

One of my mates said skysweat were offering 6 places to a 1/5 odds on a 16 runner hcap in lreland earlier this week which was incredible value given it was a cracking ew race anyway.  Turnover will always go through the roof when you are giving money away long term.  I could lay £5m worth of bets every hour or every day if i bet 11/10 each of two.

They aren't giving away money, they are taking it away.  The strap line is very misleading.   Both your examples are irrelevant

Most bets will be top of the market.  An extra place on an 8/1 horse in a 16 runner race is worth less than the deduction from a quarter to a fifth across the previous 4 places.

They have a big strap line saying they have an extra place and the fifth is in a smaller font.  Good luck getting that past the advertising standards authority.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123948 on: December 10, 2016, 02:02:04 PM »

Best wishes Rich and family.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #123949 on: December 10, 2016, 02:08:54 PM »

Think I need to make a decision on Methuselah's suggestion, so we are going to go with £10 EW @ 25/1, MODULE, Wm Hill, qtr odds, 4 places.

BET PLACED

I am not sure I'd put a bet on so early in a 16 runner race on changing ground.   But we only have to last 2 hours now.  Proper sweat.  25/1 obv a big win vs last njght.

Bouvreuil is back out close to 9/1 on betfair.  At least we are guaranteed the 4 places on that one.

You are right, I daresay, but I have to go out shortly, & Tighty is MIA, so we had a gamble. 2 sweats for the price of one.

Fortune favours the brave.  16 runners with 40 minutes left.  Might leave it another 10 minutes then go nuts.

Thoughts are with Tighty, hope she gets better soon.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #123950 on: December 10, 2016, 02:19:05 PM »

Claudia bigger on exchange for anyone unable to get on
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #123951 on: December 10, 2016, 02:30:47 PM »

Module pretty friendless in the market despite the rain arriving Sad

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #123952 on: December 10, 2016, 02:40:58 PM »

Following on from yesterday, Saturn 5 is gonna be played at h/t at Old Trafford tomorrow I believe, with a tannoy explaining the campaign and when to start downloading and a prominent banner. Both Manchester clubs fully behind it, along with influential bands and music people, venues across the country (a lot of the 02 academy venues have 'Saturn 5 for No1' on their screen things), even Manchester council see this as a chance to have a 'Manchester' festive No1.

100k is the sales figure from last year....no point beating around the bush, its not easy to trump Xfactor/Swift/charidee at this time of year but it can be done and the power of social media can't be underestimated.

I've had a poke at 25/1 on shy, don't think fred can get on with pp? So it's not a recommendation for here but worth a dabble at 25s off fred. It's the only time the charts interest me these days Smiley

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #123953 on: December 10, 2016, 02:41:53 PM »

Friendless?

It has you, Fred, me, and, I think, Doobs.

What more could a horse want?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #123954 on: December 10, 2016, 02:42:55 PM »

Claudia bigger on exchange for anyone unable to get on

Not anymore.  I agree with Tal and think she is the best.  The downside is that she does seem more popular and has been given some overgushing remarks by the judges.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #123955 on: December 10, 2016, 02:43:48 PM »

Friendless?

It has you, Fred, me, and, I think, Doobs.

What more could a horse want?

Just took some 28/1 too.   

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #123956 on: December 10, 2016, 02:44:46 PM »

Following on from yesterday, Saturn 5 is gonna be played at h/t at Old Trafford tomorrow I believe, with a tannoy explaining the campaign and when to start downloading and a prominent banner. Both Manchester clubs fully behind it, along with influential bands and music people, venues across the country (a lot of the 02 academy venues have 'Saturn 5 for No1' on their screen things), even Manchester council see this as a chance to have a 'Manchester' festive No1.

100k is the sales figure from last year....no point beating around the bush, its not easy to trump Xfactor/Swift/charidee at this time of year but it can be done and the power of social media can't be underestimated.

I've had a poke at 25/1 on shy, don't think fred can get on with pp? So it's not a recommendation for here but worth a dabble at 25s off fred. It's the only time the charts interest me these days Smiley

Well it can't do any harm to its chances if it is being played tomorrow at the ground of Manchester's most successful club, can it?

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #123957 on: December 10, 2016, 02:46:18 PM »

Well it can't do any harm to its chances if it is being played tomorrow at the ground of Manchester's most successful club, can it?

Left myself wide open for that Smiley

Best Bitter.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #123958 on: December 10, 2016, 02:57:05 PM »

Bounced unfortunately Sad

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #123959 on: December 10, 2016, 02:57:28 PM »

It might be friendless now.....

Pages: 1 ... 8260 8261 8262 8263 [8264] 8265 8266 8267 8268 ... 9207 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: