blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:12:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8740 8741 8742 8743 [8744] 8745 8746 8747 8748 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13411543 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #131145 on: December 08, 2017, 12:51:25 AM »

Went to do £15 for Tikay, to round him up... They wouldn't even let me have a tenner!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131146 on: December 08, 2017, 08:07:12 AM »

Went to do £15 for Tikay, to round him up... They wouldn't even let me have a tenner!

Round me up?

That sounds worrying, as if I owe you money.

Round me up to what? £20? £50?

Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131147 on: December 08, 2017, 08:27:43 AM »

More comment on the bid by GVC for Ladbrokes Coral.

It includes this sobering line about Ladbrokes, which demonstrates what happens when a Gaming Business a) relies on outmoded & out-dated High St shops & b) gets behind in the digital world.

When Stein retired in 1993, the company, with a collection of Hilton hotels at a time, was worth £2bn. Now, a quarter of century later and with Coral on board, it is in discussions to surrender for just £3.1bn, plus a potential £800m kicker

https://www.theguardian.com/business/nils-pratley-on-finance/2017/dec/07/gvc-and-ladbrokes-coral-david-gambles-on-goliath

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #131148 on: December 08, 2017, 02:41:45 PM »

The mighty Poshies through to the last 16 of the EFL jokepot. We're on at 33-1.

Not 100% but heard the next round remains regional, so we can't draw the Leicester Globetrotters and their £46m worth of talent they had on display at Scunthorpe.

Time to dream.

Luton away. Bleugh.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #131149 on: December 08, 2017, 02:52:24 PM »

More comment on the bid by GVC for Ladbrokes Coral.

It includes this sobering line about Ladbrokes, which demonstrates what happens when a Gaming Business a) relies on outmoded & out-dated High St shops & b) gets behind in the digital world.

When Stein retired in 1993, the company, with a collection of Hilton hotels at a time, was worth £2bn. Now, a quarter of century later and with Coral on board, it is in discussions to surrender for just £3.1bn, plus a potential £800m kicker

https://www.theguardian.com/business/nils-pratley-on-finance/2017/dec/07/gvc-and-ladbrokes-coral-david-gambles-on-goliath

or c) five years ago was still arrogantly calling itself 'the world's biggest bookmaker' on its own marketing material.  Arrogance/delusion springs to mind with the demise of lolbrokes.  Stein must be turning in his grave that they will become nothing more than one of ten brands that a VC has pieced together via acquisition for a portfolio of gambling investments.

No body ever mentions how much cash they must have lost to arbers in the glory days holding long out of date shop coupon prices for years.  They were the easiest shop chain by a mile to beat up arbing back in the day.  The best one i can ever remember was a UEFA cup game in 2003 when their coupon had 7/4 and you could lay 1.55 on betfair and they would allow £100 a customer per shop.  One of the lads i worked with took the day off and went off planning a route around the south coast to visit upwards of 50 shops with a mate to get £10k+ on.

The article is pretty much spot on apart from this line...

Ladbrokes is one of the oldest names in British bookmaking and still collects the largest revenues.

If it collects the largest revenues it wouldn't be in this situation.  It isn't close to collecting the largest revenues and hasn't been for years online or in the shops.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 03:01:41 PM by arbboy » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #131150 on: December 08, 2017, 03:07:23 PM »

Betway go 17/20 both Westbrook vs harden for most points tonight.
Harden averages 31.7 vs 22.5 of Westbrook this season
Harden line is 31, Westbrook 25
Based on this and the fact that their teams are both same prices and spread lines tonight I'd guess harden is a bet

Unlucky with this but you missed the fact that Paul George wasn't playing for OKC and Westbrook would pick up a lot of the slack for his missed points (he averages nearly 21 a game this season for OKC).  Plus maybe the fact it was a game based in Mexico where Westbrook would be more likely to want to put on a show to a new market in a game where normally it would be very run of the mill road game with little motivation.  Given those two factors it was surprising how low Westbrook's points were in for at 25 given his averages last season which would have been a much better guide of performance with his main side kick out.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #131151 on: December 08, 2017, 03:14:03 PM »

It's that time of year again.  The snow has arrived, the temperatures falling and the dog tracks getting heavily salted leading to some potential biases.  First three winners at monmore bags this afternoon have all been t6 (all at big prices and unfancied).  Worth keeping an eye on developments as the afternoon progresses.
Stopsleyhatter

View Profile
« Reply #131152 on: December 08, 2017, 03:35:09 PM »

The mighty Poshies through to the last 16 of the EFL jokepot. We're on at 33-1.

Not 100% but heard the next round remains regional, so we can't draw the Leicester Globetrotters and their £46m worth of talent they had on display at Scunthorpe.

Time to dream.

Luton away. Bleugh.
Good draw apart from it being at our place.Only fringe players getting picked or those returning from injury.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #131153 on: December 08, 2017, 04:21:13 PM »

It's that time of year again.  The snow has arrived, the temperatures falling and the dog tracks getting heavily salted leading to some potential biases.  First three winners at monmore bags this afternoon have all been t6 (all at big prices and unfancied).  Worth keeping an eye on developments as the afternoon progresses.

All wides still apart from one t1 winner which had great claims on form going well back.

http://www.gbgb.org.uk/resultsMeeting.aspx?id=154874
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #131154 on: December 08, 2017, 11:42:18 PM »

Just throwing a couple of spots out there without much thought, for discussion.

Tighty - your lads away to Newcastle tomorrow at 2/1? Hmm Lascelles is back tbf.

A Liverpool lay with what will probably be a resurgent/tough to break down Everton at around 3/1?
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #131155 on: December 09, 2017, 12:33:14 AM »

Everton are 10/1 on Everyday; a pretty accurate reflection of their chances. They've not faced any top 10 clubs since their change in form, and their back four will struggle against Liverpool's firepower. Finally, our record in derbys is pretty poor; last win at Anfield? 1989 or thereabouts, lol.

I'd love to be totally wrong, of course.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #131156 on: December 09, 2017, 06:11:12 AM »

Everton are 10/1 on Everyday; a pretty accurate reflection of their chances. They've not faced any top 10 clubs since their change in form, and their back four will struggle against Liverpool's firepower. Finally, our record in derbys is pretty poor; last win at Anfield? 1989 or thereabouts, lol.

Do you guys set up for the counter? You have pace on the break as well. It just looks like Allardyce could nab a surprise here, much like how Palace could against teams that were susceptible to the counter. Obviously could be a destruction with Liverpool as such a potent offensive force.

Just think at around 3/1 you might get a value sweat. Again haven't done much homework on it, but i have had a nibble.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #131157 on: December 09, 2017, 09:23:20 AM »

Do you guys set up for the counter? You have pace on the break as well. It just looks like Allardyce could nab a surprise here, much like how Palace could against teams that were susceptible to the counter. Obviously could be a destruction with Liverpool as such a potent offensive force.

Just think at around 3/1 you might get a value sweat. Again haven't done much homework on it, but i have had a nibble.

Everton have no pace in their team at all?
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #131158 on: December 09, 2017, 09:33:43 AM »

Everton have no pace in their team at all?

Bolassie if he's fit again has pace but other than that I guess Lennon still has a bit.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #131159 on: December 09, 2017, 10:04:08 AM »

Strictly bet for tonight's semi finals. Get a cup of something warm.

Next elimination:

https://www.oddschecker.com/tv/strictly-come-dancing/next-elimination

Two dances tonight. Both are dances they haven't yet done.

I have been looking at the training footage. My notes:

Debbie and Giovanni are dancing a Foxtrot to ‘Isn’t She Lovely’ by Stevie Wonder Debbie has been doing panto prep this week, so has been short on training time. The footage suggests Giovanni has given her an easier routine to remember. There are lots of pivots, which she's good at, but which, if there are too many, might annoy the public in particular. Foxtrot should be fluid and floaty. Her heels are a bit forced (obvious and pronounced; unnatural), which is something a teacher might do where their student is struggling to remember to go forward on the heel. This will be solid and probably get 34-38 from the judges.

and a Jive to ‘I’m So Excited’ by the Pointer Sisters This could be troublesome. Debbie doesn't have the energy of some of her rivals and this will be her most testing latin for that. But worse than that is the need to have straight legs. The best guide for this is the cha cha, which she did in week 4:

She got 27 for that, which was middle of the road. You'll note that her legs were bent the entire time. Straight legs give you the hip action, because you get natural hips by pushing your feet through the floor. In slower dances like rumba, you have time to do that, but it's harder in cha cha and jive. She is brilliant at some of the technical aspects of the dances (arms, pointing her feet, emotion) but her footwork isn't strong. So I expect this to be a little weak.

Joe and Katya are performing an American Smooth to ‘Have You Met Miss Jones?’ by Robbie Williams Not a powerful dancer with his slight stature, but his footwork is a world away from Debbie's. Honestly, he has hugely improved the last month and this looks impccable. Not seen the lifts, but I wonder whether this might be conservative and sweet. I am expecting 36+

and the Argentine Tango to ‘Human’ by Rag n’ Bone Man. A warning last week not to overdo the choreography, with Davood going out. Katya has concentrated more on the ganchos and ochos (the kicking and swivelling you see in this dance in hold). Smart move. Slightly odd song of course, but this should be strong. My guess would be this cements his place at the top of the leaderboard.

Gemma and Aljaž are dancing the Rumba to ‘Beneath Your Beautiful’ by Labrinth featuring Emeli Sandé Gemma has been sneaky good the last few weeks (perhaps Blackpool aside, though I thought she was undermarked). This rumba is slow and very wisely so. Gemma has the technique to do this and her arms look surprisingly good. Aljaž could have played a blinder here.

and a Tango to ‘My Sharona’ by The Knack (Royal Blood cover) Interesting article here: https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/889857/Strictly-Come-Dancing-2017-Gemma-Atkinson-Aljaz-Skorjanec-eliminated-BBC  Stick to non league footy, Mr Alger! This tango is strong, sharp and technically good. Aljaž has taught her very well. She looks like a finalist to me. More later...

Mollie and AJ are Waltzing to ‘Angel’ by Sarah McLachlan Footwork is an area of weakness, as she doesn't generate much power in stepping out. Hard when you are small, but not an excuse.

and performing a Samba to ‘Whenever, Wherever’ by Shakira This is a problem. She isn't pressing into the floor, which means she's dancing too "prim and properly". This is samba: the dance of the carnival. No holding back allowed. It's exceptionally difficult to do such different dances - she has the worst draw for that - and I don't see much to tell me she'll be anywhere but in the bottom two with the judges.

Alexandra and Gorka are performing a Salsa to ‘Finally’ by Cece Peniston This isn't bad. She moves very well and there's lots gong on in a challenging routine. I do think Gorka puts too much in his routines, but that might be because he wants Alexandra not to think about what's next and then go wrong or hesitate. Sometimes, she looks a bit like she's "dancing by numbers" (as Craig would say...albeit not to her), rather than investing in the story, but maybe that's me. Safe routine, this. Judges sure to be kind.

and a Viennese Waltz to Tina Arena’s version of R.E.M’s ‘Everybody Hurts' Good song choice, this.

It isn't as pronounced as the 1-2-3 of a traditional Viennese, but I have no doubt this will be a strong dance for her. She turns well. All I will say is she sometimes can be a bit skitty with her feet in closing her feet and she is pigeon toed, but these things are less obvious in this ballroom dance. If she dances well, this will be highly marked. I expect fawning judges talking about goosebumps and "courage in a difficult week". Tears to follow. I'll be shouting "overmarked!"

So, what does this all mean?

Best guess at order:

Joe
Alexandra
Gemma
Debbie
Mollie

So then to the public vote.

The most unpopular of these is Alexandra. So much press has been made of it this week, you wonder whether it's a concerted effort to get a producer favourite into the final. I can't see her being in the top 3 on votes, so she is in danger of being in the bottom two.

So, in my view, is Debbie. Don't see them both making it, but it wouldn't astonish me. Not enough value in the market however to be backing either of these to go; one only goes if they both end up in the dance off.

Gemma and Joe have become more popular with the public and Mollie has had a bounce since a run of dance offs a month ago. I don't see Mollie out of the bottom two, but I do see Gemma dodging it at least half of the time. Everyone wants to see Katya's showdance, so Joe is a lock for the final.

Dance off is highest scoring dance from earlier.

What we know about the judges for the dance off:
- if anyone goes up against Alexandra or Debbie, they are out
- if any other two go against each other, it will probably be on the dance (though don't leave it to Shirley in a close one if you are up against Mollie, as you are toast)
- Darcey will put her hands on her temples and exclaim it's so hard to choose.

Joe v Alexandra or Joe v Debbie is very unlikely, as Joe will score highly tonight. Even if he's third, he will get votes. It makes it quite likely one of Alexandra or Debbie is in the dance off. This means trouble for one of the other two.

Gemma IMO has a better chance of avoiding the dance off than Mollie. The public have their favourites, but I am not sure there is that much between these two with the voters and, most importantly, I expect there to look like there is a difference between them in their dances. Mollie doesn't look good on either (I am expecting it to be her Waltz that she scores highest on), but she should be 3-5 points below Gemma on that, which is a significant handicap to overcome, should the favourites to go face off.

It isn't impossible that Gemma tops the leaderboard tonight or goes close to it. Then Mollie is in a world of trouble.

Mollie is 5/4 with the Red Shouty Man and Bet £3.65.

Recommend £32 (for roundness).

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 10:27:52 AM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 8740 8741 8742 8743 [8744] 8745 8746 8747 8748 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: