blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:41:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Independence Referendum
Poll
Question: Do you agree that Scotland should be an independent country?
Yes - because it would be better for the Scots
Yes - because the rest of the UK would be better off without the Scots
Don't really know
Don't care
No, the Union is a good thing

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 ... 114 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Independence Referendum  (Read 191318 times)
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: September 16, 2014, 10:44:13 PM »

NEW #indyref poll for Scottish Daily Mail:
Yes 44% (+2), No 48% (NC), Undecided 8% (-2) (Change since 11 September)

Cheers.

Breaking news, The Sun declares for............ no one, staying neutral apparently
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: September 16, 2014, 10:44:44 PM »

Survation make it NO 52% YES 48%

So all three polls tonight have same figures

Ok Mike.

I still think the polls are a good bit off by the way.

I done a mock referendum in work today with 125 employees of a major Building Society sample size is meh but when we done this 3 months ago it was 47% yes, 39% no and 14% dn.  

Today it was 64/32/4  - I was actually surprised by that.  But our company haven't taken a position on the referendum.  

With our Union again we took a neutral position but I have tried in vain to organise a debate but couldn't get anyone to turn-up and put forward the No position.  

Did you tell them of your deportation plans before the vote?

The buzz in my office is more yes slanted than I would have expected. Will be an interesting day Thursday.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: September 16, 2014, 10:49:04 PM »

But davie Blacklaw has it at 53-47 the other way. Who do we believe?

The SNP who are generally spot on with their polling have it as 54/46.   

I think we can take all this polling with a massive pinch of salt. 

Haha, generally spot on, then the very next sentence, pinch of salt?

I meant by the polling companies.  As far as i know they are weighting polls based on previous Scottish election results.  Which doesn't work here. 

If you are out and about you must sense the desire for change? 

I know yes are far louder and more vibrant but I would say genuinley the people I speak to want change, many of them don't trust any politicians.  Which is a shame.  But they can't be blamed. 

Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: September 16, 2014, 10:52:34 PM »

Ok Mike.

I done a mock referendum in work today with 125 employees of a major Building Society sample size is meh but when we done this 3 months ago it was 47% yes, 39% no and 14% dn.  

Today it was 64/32/4  - I was actually surprised by that.  But our company haven't taken a position on the referendum.  

With our Union again we took a neutral position but I have tried in vain to organise a debate but couldn't get anyone to turn-up and put forward the No position.  

The buzz in my office is more yes slanted than I would have expected. Will be an interesting day Thursday.

You were the one that said you would be leaving if it was a yes vote I only offered you use of the removal men ;-)

I'm not UKIP body I'm all for migration.  Scotland needs immigrants. 

I have  2 Polish workers in my new house just now still working nstalling a bathroom.  They were there from 9:30 to 8 last night and from 9:30 this morning and they are still  there, I can here them the now, they don't expect to finish till 12.  I have convinced both to vote yes but workers like that are what will stimulate our economy.  One of the guys told me today his girlfriend will also vote yes because of the information I gave them yesterday. 
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: September 16, 2014, 10:58:38 PM »

Flash Mob, in less than 24 hrs.  And there would have been thousands already involved in canvassing across the city.  This event was not for politicians or political parties just ordinary Glaswegians. 
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1325 on: September 16, 2014, 11:04:00 PM »

NEW #indyref poll for Scottish Daily Mail:
Yes 44% (+2), No 48% (NC), Undecided 8% (-2) (Change since 11 September)

Cheers.

Breaking news, The Sun declares for............ no one, staying neutral apparently

Murdoch is such a shrewdie - he has this reputation as making or breaking politicians but all he does is wait until the wind blows in a certain direction and latches on. As this one is too close to call he's sitting on the fence lest he be seen to be wrong.
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: September 16, 2014, 11:10:28 PM »

Ok Mike.

You were the one that said you would be leaving if it was a yes vote I only offered you use of the removal men ;-)

I have  2 Polish workers in my new house just now still working nstalling a bathroom.  They were there from 9:30 to 8 last night and from 9:30 this morning and they are still  there, I can here them the now, they don't expect to finish till 12.  I have convinced both to vote yes but workers like that are what will stimulate our economy.  One of the guys told me today his girlfriend will also vote yes because of the information I gave them yesterday. 

Lol new house, new bathroom. Sounds like Westminster has squeezed the life out of you. I think he may have been humouring you for a tip Smiley
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: September 16, 2014, 11:19:42 PM »

Ok Mike.

Lol new house, new bathroom. Sounds like Westminster has squeezed the life out of you. I think he may have been humouring you for a tip Smiley

Thats the difference between us, It's not about me and what I get.  I will still have a fairly comfortable life regardless of how the vote goes but I think of the many not the few.   
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: September 16, 2014, 11:26:36 PM »

Ok Mike.

Thats the difference between us, It's not about me and what I get.  I will still have a fairly comfortable life regardless of how the vote goes but I think of the many not the few.   

Ah, now that's where we agree. I have a duty of care to thousands of people. I also have a social conscience. We just disagree on how best to protect them.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: September 17, 2014, 04:05:25 AM »

What amuses me is how stupid so many people have become to just blindly follow a man with a massive ego and a place in history as his main driver. To be honest, if I was in his position, it must be very alluring to know if he pulls this off he will possibly be remembered alongside the great names of Scotland past. It therefore becomes an even greater motivation to make the whole pill sound far sweeter than it really is.

Salmon has enough personal wealth, and will make even more once this is done, that he can carry on saying whatever he likes, and win or lose he will be very comfortable, but to win, he will be a legend, a dangerous motivator for a man with an ego like his.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
relaedgc

View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: September 17, 2014, 05:38:24 AM »

Thoroughly uninterested at this juncture. I enjoy the democratic process, but it just descends in to a farcical circus each and every time, so I've stopped paying attention.

I haven't even bothered to ask my family about how they're voting.

Good luck to you, if you're seeking independence. I hope you get what you desire.

Not worth the hostility and ill feeling that I am seeing. Most of the overly hostile and nationalistic comments are coming from the most uninformed, too. A scary thing, at times. Tyranny of the masses as they say.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
Friedrich Nietzsche
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: September 17, 2014, 06:44:51 AM »

What amuses me is how stupid so many people have become to just blindly follow a man with a massive ego and a place in history as his main driver. To be honest, if I was in his position, it must be very alluring to know if he pulls this off he will possibly be remembered alongside the great names of Scotland past. It therefore becomes an even greater motivation to make the whole pill sound far sweeter than it really is.

Salmon has enough personal wealth, and will make even more once this is done, that he can carry on saying whatever he likes, and win or lose he will be very comfortable, but to win, he will be a legend, a dangerous motivator for a man with an ego like his.

That's not how I read it - I don't think Salmond ever thought independence was actually likely, I think the whole aim of the referendum was to give him all the power he wanted, i.e. devolving all the governmental powers to Scotland but with having the Treasury there to subsidise all the features like free education and free prescriptions that Scotland wouldn't be able to afford to keep (without massive tax hikes) if it gained independence.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: September 17, 2014, 09:28:25 AM »

That's not how I read it - I don't think Salmond ever thought independence was actually likely, I think the whole aim of the referendum was to give him all the power he wanted, i.e. devolving all the governmental powers to Scotland but with having the Treasury there to subsidise all the features like free education and free prescriptions that Scotland wouldn't be able to afford to keep (without massive tax hikes) if it gained independence.

Hi Jon

I wouldn't claim to be a follower of Scottish politics, but i have seen Salmon pop up on the Morning Line for years, as he claims to have an interest in horse racing, and for as long as I can remember on his annual guest appearance during Ayr Gold Cup week((this week funnily enough, or not!) he has been going on about Independance.
I suspect that getting more powers was actually the "shoot for the stars" consolation prize.

OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: September 17, 2014, 09:35:16 AM »

Hi Jon

I wouldn't claim to be a follower of Scottish politics, but i have seen Salmon pop up on the Morning Line for years, as he claims to have an interest in horse racing, and for as long as I can remember on his annual guest appearance during Ayr Gold Cup week((this week funnily enough, or not!) he has been going on about Independance.
I suspect that getting more powers was actually the "shoot for the stars" consolation prize.

To miss spell salmond as salmon and get it in a sentance with pop up and line is some epic unintnentional punnery

Bottom line is on a yes vote, they can blame which ever party gets in for not providing all that people have been promised. The people that get in can say they didn't promise it. Then for 50 years they can blame Westminster for the state it left us in. Ideal scenario to run a campaign on pipe dreams.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: September 17, 2014, 10:09:38 AM »

I know exactly how to spell it thanks. Wink

It is a poker forum after all.

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 ... 114 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: