blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:11:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Bill and Ted's Excellentes Aventures
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bill and Ted's Excellentes Aventures  (Read 254566 times)
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: February 08, 2016, 02:44:40 PM »

Have a small bet at an online bookies & you can watch it on a stream.
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: February 08, 2016, 03:20:01 PM »

He finished 3rd. He didn't fall. Bingo!

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: February 08, 2016, 03:29:16 PM »

He finished 3rd. He didn't fall. Bingo!

Bingo!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: February 08, 2016, 03:49:10 PM »

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/results/08-02-2016/fakenham/result/710908/racing-to-school-are-here-today-national-hunt-novices-hurdle

You can watch the race on the above link using your skypoker login.  You'll need excellent resolution on your monitor to see Bingo.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: February 08, 2016, 04:40:36 PM »

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/results/08-02-2016/fakenham/result/710908/racing-to-school-are-here-today-national-hunt-novices-hurdle

You can watch the race on the above link using your skypoker login.  You'll need excellent resolution on your monitor to see Bingo.

And you need to watch it from the start.
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: February 08, 2016, 06:17:07 PM »

Has he finished yet?

3 runs for a handicap....

Allez!!
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: February 08, 2016, 06:19:14 PM »

Has he finished yet?

Does that one qualify as a run?
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: February 08, 2016, 06:39:55 PM »

Has he finished yet?

He got given the 'honour' of a number of lengths rather than "distance" at least!

Allez!!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: February 08, 2016, 06:41:33 PM »

Has he finished yet?

He got given the 'honour' of a number of lengths rather than "distance" at least!

Not to mention the ~£700 3rd place money towards the fees.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: February 08, 2016, 06:47:23 PM »

Has he finished yet?

38 exactly.  How do they measure that?

When did over 30 = a distance disappear?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: February 09, 2016, 07:09:45 PM »

Right all you Bingo fans. I now have some observations from another member of the syndicate who attends the race as well as some feedback from the trainer. So let's start with my fellow leg owner.
       ' It was a very cold windy day with very deep ground. The small field saw a 'lunatic' early pace. However the following was learned;
        a) He is still learning and his jumping got progressively more fluent during the race.
        b) He does stay on well.
        c) He doesn't appear to have any gears :-(            And although being a fine looking horse it feels like he may struggle to be better than low class standard ( Noooooooo).
        All this means he can still be competitive in the right field mid week rather than Saturday racing. However we must remember he has had a long lay off and two crashes and this may have shaped the most recent run. '

Whilst that all sounds a little depressing Noel the trainer is a little more positive. He is more upbeat about his long term prospects. He says the point about gears is correct but is much more relevant to 2 mile hurdling than staying hurdles or chases. Noel also feels he's got greater ability and that given time this will come out. He specifically said that he didn't think we would only be winning low class affairs. He also said that the early lunatic pace makes a real assessment more difficult.

So there you have it. The view from a syndicate member and the trainer. I am certainly enjoying all of this. I didn't realize there was so much involved. Just seeing a jockey wearing silks that you yourself have chosen is a blast.

In other news Sheffield Wednesday's Gary Cooper wins the Championship  PFA  player of the month for January. So that's Ross Wallace in September,Fernando Foristerieri in October, Lucas Joao in November and now Gary. Like I said......Wednesday are on their way back. Depending on work commitments I may even be popping over to Dublin at the weekend to play the UKIPT €2000 2 day tournament. If I do I will let you know. Love and Rockets.

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: February 09, 2016, 07:35:19 PM »

So are you saying he may not be entered for Cheltenham this year?

Enjoying following his progress, and the BTS / trainer stuff is really interesting. Cheers for the updates Ian.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: February 09, 2016, 09:53:04 PM »

Good luck with the horse, great but expensive fun from my previous experience.

I tend to take trainers optimism with a pinch of salt personally.

You are right, Wednesday are on their way back!!!
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: February 13, 2016, 08:20:51 AM »

Well is being in Dublin for the UKIPT an adventure? I will let you know.

iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: February 13, 2016, 12:23:03 PM »

So last night I played the 'normal' Friday night VIP game at DTD and found myself to the left of a certain Sam who has the room named after him. He was certainly on his A game and had what could be described as a good evening. I left early at 12.30 allowing a good 4 hours sleep before catching the 06.30am to Dublin. Obviously my room wasn't ready so a quick 30 minute power nap in the hotel reception was followed by breakfast,a few work related calls and a short walk to the venue. I have registered for the €2000 UKIPT Event which for some people will let two days.
    The venue is close to some interesting looking sports bars and with Ireland playing France in the 6 Nations in Paris there should be some good opportunities to watch the game with the local faithful. That would mean I had busted out within three hours which obviously is not going to happen. To have flown here to bust within the first few levels would be ridiculous wouldn't it.
     Ed is not here. We both cashed in this a couple of years ago as readers of this diary will know. I have just looked up and seen 'Albert' who is either very deep in a previous comp ( ?) or who has also just bought in. I wonder which one it is. Back to Edward. He is currently with his lovely wife in the Devon flat which he seems to have successfully commandeered from the family. It's basically now his second residence. Alice is off to Chamonix with her mum and I face a few days of poker in the magical city of Dublin. As this is a poker site I will try to provide updates as to my progress. Any mention of watching rugby is obviously bad news on the poker front but might be positive on the Guinness count.
      So Blue,Table 18 seat 8.

I hate seat 8. Who ever won anything sat in seat 8. Today seat 8 is the one.

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: