blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:57:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272582 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 245 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1020410 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3600 on: July 09, 2015, 09:39:49 PM »

I'm sure others will see if differently, but couldn't help feeling that another jockey could have done better on Gatsby.

Frank looked weak next to Frankie in a battle, and held up a little longer could have seen things end in a different result.

I remain truly amazed at how many people trust their top horses with him. Yes, he had had great results, but given the chances he has had, I suspect so would many.

PS, No fiscal involvement in the race! #unbiased

Still cant believe hanaggan has the job he does. Every season they have great horse that take the heat off of how bad he is.

Spencer is pretty awful, he should have retired.

I didnt really understand why the great gatsby run in that race giving such a weight pull. Should have withdrawn until later in the season when the weights were different. How is 3/4 11lb, pointless, ruined the race and tbh took all credit for golden horns win over older horses.

Yuh, Hamdan must be fumming that Richard Hills decided to retire...tbf Hamdan has a lot of mince these days and I wouldn't blame Hanagan for anything.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: July 09, 2015, 09:44:11 PM »

I'm sure others will see if differently, but couldn't help feeling that another jockey could have done better on Gatsby.

Frank looked weak next to Frankie in a battle, and held up a little longer could have seen things end in a different result.

I remain truly amazed at how many people trust their top horses with him. Yes, he had had great results, but given the chances he has had, I suspect so would many.

PS, No fiscal involvement in the race! #unbiased

Still cant believe hanaggan has the job he does. Every season they have great horse that take the heat off of how bad he is.

Spencer is pretty awful, he should have retired.

I didnt really understand why the great gatsby run in that race giving such a weight pull. Should have withdrawn until later in the season when the weights were different. How is 3/4 11lb, pointless, ruined the race and tbh took all credit for golden horns win over older horses.

Yuh, Hamdan must be fumming that Richard Hills decided to retire...tbf Hamdan has a lot of mince these days and I wouldn't blame Hanagan for anything.

His loyalty to hills was similar. They would be better off just letting the stable decide. Only seems any real point in retaining someone likely to be better than who the stable would use anyway.
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: July 10, 2015, 04:33:05 PM »

did that guy really just say he became a man after gelding lolol
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: July 11, 2015, 03:56:16 PM »

Fahey's Sporting Life column...

Birchwood goes to Newmarket for the Superlative Stakes and he was a flop last time in Ireland at Naas. If he had not have run there then I would have really been fancying him as I think the seven-furlong trip looks like it will suit. He needs to bounce back as once again it his a hot race.

Dusky Queen and Gabrial are in the Listed event at Chester - we are just trying to get some black type with the former and she has a good draw in stall one. If she finishes in the first three I would be delighted.

The form of Rene Mathis at this track is second to none and just seems to be a better horse here than anywhere else as he loves the place. We are going to take a chance with him in a very competitive race.

Seriously, what is the point?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: July 11, 2015, 03:57:52 PM »

Fahey's Sporting Life column...

Birchwood goes to Newmarket for the Superlative Stakes and he was a flop last time in Ireland at Naas. If he had not have run there then I would have really been fancying him as I think the seven-furlong trip looks like it will suit. He needs to bounce back as once again it his a hot race.

Dusky Queen and Gabrial are in the Listed event at Chester - we are just trying to get some black type with the former and she has a good draw in stall one. If she finishes in the first three I would be delighted.

The form of Rene Mathis at this track is second to none and just seems to be a better horse here than anywhere else as he loves the place. We are going to take a chance with him in a very competitive race.

Seriously, what is the point?

LOL. I did a quick flick to remind myself what he had said.

Pretty much left him alone after all the neg stuff.

What a ****

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: July 11, 2015, 04:00:11 PM »

Wonder if this is what he tells Marwan when he's at Chester and fancies a bet?

Probably gets paid a bucketload for it as well. Should be ashamed taking the cash.

When I was with Raceform On Saturday they spent a huge chunk getting an interview from a top local trainer/former jump jockey. The paper next really had a chance anyway but that didn't help.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: July 11, 2015, 04:06:54 PM »

Yep. In the few years he has been doing it I don't think I have ever read that they really, really fancy it and readers should invest.

Winning interviews on TV often differ a great deal "yes, we fancied that etc", and you think he might give the dog a bone every now and then.

Like you say, I'm surprised SL keep forking out.

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: July 11, 2015, 04:08:06 PM »

on course prices at York embarrassing
treefella

View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: July 14, 2015, 10:27:51 AM »

Hi everyone

rarely put horses up as it always seems to give them the kiss of death but today i thought i would send some love to this much in need of a decent winner thread.

820 Lingfield - Misstemper - currently trading around 14s

Some history - Ive been following this one since day 1 as i know the owner whom has been a family friend for decades. The horse is temperamental being a filly that likes things her own way but she definitely has the ability to win off this mark today. We finally have a decent in form strong jockey booked. She needs strong handling as soon as the gates open. She will respond to pressure and hates being passed and will try to find more if pressured enough. Her best run imo was at this track trip when not far behind a listed class horse rated some 36 pounds higher.

Poor runs -  Its been a learning curve and there have been several factors for some terrible runs to be frank. One time on a trip to kempton the horse box broke down and she was sat on the motorway for 3 hours and got extremely fractious in her box. Some weak apprentice jockey bookings have not been the best ideas either. She hates turf especially soft going conditions. Most importantly of all she recently had a breathing operation some 2 months ago which has definitely made a huge impact on her. The two terrible runs in April were put down to her needing the op.
 I feel todays the day , the draw could of been kinder but its not terrible. Shes almost certainly on a winning mark on a track/ surface that will suit so much better. There are a few in the race that look on fair enough marks but i feel our mark is way below where it should be. Im convinced she will go close today but i am pot committed now so to speak.

Fwiw im on win only as ive done enough money backing this one ew before and its not the best idea if we want more on especially so as i think she will win Smiley   

GL  !
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: July 14, 2015, 10:41:31 AM »

Nice write up Tree. BOL

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: July 14, 2015, 06:48:59 PM »

Cheers for the heads up, treefella.

Blame me if it loses, I've chucked my score into the mix, too.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: July 17, 2015, 08:25:59 PM »

breaking news

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: July 18, 2015, 02:15:20 PM »

must be some value in jockey champs, de sousa is riding way above expectation (noone wins a jockey champs on level stake profit). Tough to find a jockey behind him that will stay in the country though.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: July 18, 2015, 02:56:42 PM »

Did John Ferguson's mrs have an affair with Aidan O' Brien a fair while back?

JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: July 18, 2015, 03:06:00 PM »

Did John Ferguson's mrs have an affair with Aidan O' Brien a fair while back?

lol we were just laughing at that.
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 245 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: