blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:31:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  UK General Election 2015
Poll
Question: I will be voting for the following in the General election  (Voting closed: May 10, 2015, 02:10:42 PM)
Conservative - 41 (40.6%)
Labour - 20 (19.8%)
Liberal Democrat - 6 (5.9%)
SNP - 9 (8.9%)
UKIP - 3 (3%)
Green - 7 (6.9%)
Other - 3 (3%)
I will not be voting - 12 (11.9%)
Total Voters: 100

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 ... 155 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK General Election 2015  (Read 252510 times)
simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #1830 on: May 09, 2015, 09:36:14 AM »

Whatever u wanna say about austerity the Tories ideologically look after the wealthiest. They always have and always will and the way they for this is by making the less well off pay for it.

Simple
I think you should try telling that to the swathes of  working class people who were empowered to buy their council houses and those housing association tenants who will soon be given the same rights.

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: May 09, 2015, 09:50:38 AM »

Tax evasion facts

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/statement-by-hmrc-on-tax-evasion-and-the-hsbc-suisse-data-leak

The government has strongly supported HMRC’s approach to tackling tax evasion and tax avoidance by increasing investment in HMRC’s enforcement capacity, and by strengthening HMRC’s powers.

The government has invested around £1 billion in HMRC’s compliance activities since 2010, and has made 42 changes to tax laws to crack down on tax avoidance and evasion.

We have also increased criminal prosecutions five-fold, and between 2010 and 2014 HMRC secured more than 2,650 criminal prosecutions and 2,718 years of prison sentences for tax crimes.

http://www.cps.gov.uk/news/articles/prosecuting_tax_evasion/

Firstly, it seems to have been the last Labour government that initiated the crackdown

in April 2010 the Crown Prosecution Service and the Revenue and Customs Prosecutions Office joined forces.  An expert team from RCPO combined with an expert team from the CPS to form a new Central Fraud Division within the CPS

The coalition did fund it, though it isn't clear whether that was extra money or the money Labour planned to spend, I don't know.

It seems that the crackdown is directed at frauds such as vat carousel frauds and tobacco and alcohol smuggling.  The man in the street wants to see prosecutions for income tax and corporation tax evasion - do you have any evidence that those rose in the last five years?
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: May 09, 2015, 10:03:13 AM »

Tax evasion facts

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/statement-by-hmrc-on-tax-evasion-and-the-hsbc-suisse-data-leak

The government has strongly supported HMRC’s approach to tackling tax evasion and tax avoidance by increasing investment in HMRC’s enforcement capacity, and by strengthening HMRC’s powers.

The government has invested around £1 billion in HMRC’s compliance activities since 2010, and has made 42 changes to tax laws to crack down on tax avoidance and evasion.

We have also increased criminal prosecutions five-fold, and between 2010 and 2014 HMRC secured more than 2,650 criminal prosecutions and 2,718 years of prison sentences for tax crimes.

Firstly, it seems to have been the last Labour government that initiated the crackdown

in April 2010 the Crown Prosecution Service and the Revenue and Customs Prosecutions Office joined forces.  An expert team from RCPO combined with an expert team from the CPS to form a new Central Fraud Division within the CPS

The coalition did fund it, though it isn't clear whether that was extra money or the money Labour planned to spend, I don't know.

It seems that the crackdown is directed at frauds such as vat carousel frauds and tobacco and alcohol smuggling.  The man in the street wants to see prosecutions for income tax and corporation tax evasion - do you have any evidence that those rose in the last five years?

Perhaps the figures for the 13 years before that would be interesting too and give the real picture of what a Labour Government in power for such a long period of time actual did rather than what they said they would do if they had been elected.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: May 09, 2015, 10:30:31 AM »

The last few pages actually feel like the way the election went down.

Big noises from Labour, lots of rhetoric and very few facts to back it up, but clearly shouting louder than the Tories. Then cometh the hour a massive wave of silent majority steps up and blows the labour bullshit into the gutter and washes it clean away.

Ladies and Gentleman. Thank you.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: May 09, 2015, 10:34:06 AM »

Tax evasion facts

I have produced some fairly conclusive evidence that it is wrong to say the Tories are soft on tax evasion.  Read the site, inland revenue resources aimed at tax evasion have increased very significantly.  

Why don't you produce some evidence yourself that I am wrong?   It is fairly easy to find previous prosecutions using Google for instance.

You can blame them for lots of things but not this.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: May 09, 2015, 10:35:40 AM »

Big noises from Labour, lots of rhetoric and very few facts to back it up, but clearly shouting louder than the Tories. Then cometh the hour a massive wave of silent majority steps up and blows the labour bullshit into the gutter and washes it clean away.

Hold on, it definitely isn't a Tory producing facts and figures here. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: May 09, 2015, 10:38:35 AM »

The really ironic thing is the Tories winning is that it's almost certainly good for me financially.

But when I grew up my dad drummed into me "You don't vote for what suits you, you should always vote for people who need help. The strong should help the weak. The rich should help the poor. That way society works best"

My dad should have been a Tory in every way. He was well qualified, had a great, well paid job and lived in a lovely house.

But he cared for people who didn't fare so well in life as he did. He wanted the best for his fellow man.

And he utterly detested Thatcher.

I loved my Dad.

I think I love your Dad. 

If only everyone thought like that, we'd all be far better off. 
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: May 09, 2015, 10:44:01 AM »

When you read the article, it says the coalition government significantly increased spending on this scheme in last 5 years and are now looking at capping the cost of the scheme.

I presume you applaud the increased spending over the last 5 years under a Tory dominated coalition on the scheme?

Surprisingly you can't always believe ever word you read in a newspaper and how they headline it.

You come across as particularly bitter about the election result. Even Ed Balls was dignified in defeat.

Of course I'm bitter.

There has emerged a significant section of England which has never been seen before: the right wing poor.

These people are so utterly brain dead it makes me furious.

When they have to wait 6 months for a hospital appointment, have their children placed in schools they don't want them to go to and can't afford them to go to university and when public services are cut to fund tax breaks for the rich, then maybe they'll maybe they will reflect what a fuck up they've made.

Until that time we've had the most divisive governemnt since Thatcher foisted on us.

Because it was so different when Labour were last in power, or in two years time if they had got into power?

You make it sound like Cameron is a British dictator taking money off the poor to give directly to his cronies. Surely even you don't really think that?

You're living in a stereotype fantasy world sir.

20 times more money is lost to the exchequer by tax evasion than by benefits cheating.

That is a matter of fact.

Is 20 times as much spent chasing tax dodgers as it is chasing and demonising some of the weakest people in society?

But the Conservatives were much harder on tax evasion than the previous Labour government.  It wasn't even close.  

Not against the Multi-Nationals. 
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: May 09, 2015, 10:45:11 AM »

Hold on, it definitely isn't a Tory producing facts and figures here. 

I am talking broadly and excluding Raving Loonies Doobs!!

Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: May 09, 2015, 10:46:56 AM »

It's been a great thread and the minority views of the left have been presented well. However fact is the Tories secured an outright majority victory! Sour grapes from the minority left aimed at people who voted for a majority conservative government is cringeworthy. British people have spoken. They trust the Tories to deliver on the issues that matter. Five years majority conservative government!!

Think you will find English people spoke.  There is a massive difference. 
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: May 09, 2015, 10:55:40 AM »

Tax evasion facts

I have produced some fairly conclusive evidence that it is wrong to say the Tories are soft on tax evasion.  Read the site, inland revenue resources aimed at tax evasion have increased very significantly.  

Why don't you produce some evidence yourself that I am wrong?   It is fairly easy to find previous prosecutions using Google for instance.

I'm sorry but I'm going to be skeptical about a press release coming from a government department that is under fire for not prosecuting income tax evaders with HSBC accounts in Switzerland.

As I pointed out the prosecution figures mostly seem to be large scale frauds and from your link:

collected £135 million in tax, interest and penalties from people on the HSBC Suisse list

secured £852 million from the UK’s 6,000 richest people

These people do not appear to have been prosecuted, in contrast to the thousands that are prosecuted for benefit fraud.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: May 09, 2015, 10:56:10 AM »

The really ironic thing is the Tories winning is that it's almost certainly good for me financially.

But when I grew up my dad drummed into me "You don't vote for what suits you, you should always vote for people who need help. The strong should help the weak. The rich should help the poor. That way society works best"

My dad should have been a Tory in every way. He was well qualified, had a great, well paid job and lived in a lovely house.

But he cared for people who didn't fare so well in life as he did. He wanted the best for his fellow man.

I loved my Dad.

I think I love your Dad. 

Possibly the most stupid thing said so far.

Once again, suggesting that a Tory has no compassion, never gives to anyone but themselves, and a Labour supporter gives, gives gives.

Did you move out of your nice house and give the balance of your money to those less well off, so you all lived a similar lifestyle to those less well off??!! Or did he give to charity,or do something to actually aid lesser off people? I suspect the biggest givers to charity are actually evil, blood sucking Tories.

Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: May 09, 2015, 11:10:20 AM »

I loved my Dad.

I think I love your Dad. 

Possibly the most stupid thing said so far.

Once again, suggesting that a Tory has no compassion, never gives to anyone but themselves, and a Labour supporter gives, gives gives.

Did you move out of your nice house and give the balance of your money to those less well off, so you all lived a similar lifestyle to those less well off??!! Or did he give to charity,or do something to actually aid lesser off people? I suspect the biggest givers to charity are actually evil, blood sucking Tories.

You suspect?  Is this like all these people you know that prefer zero hours contracts? 
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: May 09, 2015, 11:11:19 AM »

Tax evasion facts

I'm sorry but I'm going to be skeptical about a press release coming from a government department that is under fire for not prosecuting income tax evaders with HSBC accounts in Switzerland.

As I pointed out the prosecution figures mostly seem to be large scale frauds and from your link:

collected £135 million in tax, interest and penalties from people on the HSBC Suisse list

secured £852 million from the UK’s 6,000 richest people

These people do not appear to have been prosecuted, in contrast to the thousands that are prosecuted for benefit fraud.

It says in link why their have been no prosecutions in the HSBC cases, the general reason being because they have to work within the law.

Benefit fraud is legally many times more straightforward and easy to prove.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: May 09, 2015, 11:19:17 AM »

I have always voted Conservative but I don't feel that makes me a bad person, my life has changed in lots of ways over the past 35 years but that has been because of my decisions and not the Governments.  I have nothing of materialistic value nowadays,again my choice but I would still always vote Conservative. 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 11:24:13 AM by taximan007 » Logged

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 ... 155 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: