blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:47:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 888 889 890 891 [892] 893 894 895 896 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2194716 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #13365 on: July 20, 2018, 07:34:55 AM »

There are hundreds of thousand’s of folks like Mantis, who learnt everything they know about politics from the front page of the Sun + Mail, I’m serious that it could be dangerous. It would be interesting to hear from RD,  maybe look at his posts again first?

Nurse

sola virtus nobilitat
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #13366 on: July 20, 2018, 08:05:26 AM »

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.cityam.com/289461/no-deal-brexit-harm-eu-and-uk-warns-imf/amp

This was a report about the IMF commentary.

If the EU lost 1.5% GDP growth in no deal scenario then there would be a serious chance of recession across the EU.

Everyone knows we are a consumer lead economy. Almost 20% of German car exports are to us.

So if we can get a semi credible plan together it is in the EU’s interest to find a way forward. Constantly playing hard ball only works for so long. I would imagine politicians like Merkel would apply serious pressure on all parties to find a way to do a deal.

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #13367 on: July 20, 2018, 08:28:34 AM »

No deal rhetoric ramping up now

Going to cost the EU £250billion per year and a million jobs if they keep playing hardball. wp Barnier.

and after one day, it’s a problem again, Mantis is a flat out retard, peddling nonsense,the end. Why should anyone else bother? Nuanced and witty taking the contrary view lol.

The figures and opinions were delivered by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) yesterday

It entertains me that you keep embarrassing yourself but I would suggest moderators question whether they wish to retain a member who uses this kind of language.

Quite cringe to have expressions like retard being banded about and seemingly supported. Not a great look for the forum.

Yeah, I agree long hot day investigating pollution on the the Lee/Thames, too many beers when I finished work. Nasty drunken ranting nonsense followed , my apologies, mostly to you but also anyone else who has the misfortune to read it. I’ll ban myself, easier that way.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #13368 on: July 20, 2018, 08:36:00 AM »

Going to cost the EU £250billion per year and a million jobs if they keep playing hardball. wp Barnier.

and after one day, it’s a problem again, Mantis is a flat out retard, peddling nonsense,the end. Why should anyone else bother? Nuanced and witty taking the contrary view lol.

The figures and opinions were delivered by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) yesterday

It entertains me that you keep embarrassing yourself but I would suggest moderators question whether they wish to retain a member who uses this kind of language.

Quite cringe to have expressions like retard being banded about and seemingly supported. Not a great look for the forum.

Yeah, I agree long hot day investigating pollution on the the Lee/Thames, too many beers when I finished work. Nasty drunken ranting nonsense followed , my apologies, mostly to you but also anyone else who has the misfortune to read it. I’ll ban myself, easier that way.

I really hope you keep posting on here.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #13369 on: July 20, 2018, 08:36:51 AM »

Are the EU playing hardball, or have we still not decided our positiom yet?  And who is playing hardball anyway, Barnier or Rees-Mogg?  It seems a stretch to say it us all the EU's fault, but then again it always was?

Nobody has seemingly supported anyone calling Mantis a retard.  I can see he has apologised just now, but that language should never be used here.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #13370 on: July 20, 2018, 08:40:09 AM »

Are the EU playing hardball, or have we still not decided our positiom yet?  And who is playing hardball anyway, Barnier or Rees-Mogg?  It seems a stretch to say it us all the EU's fault, but then again it always was?

Nobody has seemingly supported anyone calling Mantis a retard.  I can see he has apologised just now, but that language should never be used here.

I think it’s both Doobs. We are screwing up the negotiations and the line out of the EU has been designed to look tough to deter others.

Hopefully some common sense on both sides will prevail when it really gets down to the wire.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #13371 on: July 20, 2018, 09:32:05 AM »

It definitely isn't all the EU's fault and Britain has been exposed on all fronts in terms of negotiation and preparation. But as an example it appears one of the major issues for the EU is data. Britain wants to continue sharing full communications with regard to say security and that seems totally logical. The rhetoric out of the EU is that upon exit they will class Britain as a "third country" and therefore wont be able to "entrust" us with access to such data. When the stakes are so high and in particular with issues regarding security I find that sort of stance wholly irresponsible and obstinate.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #13372 on: July 20, 2018, 09:50:42 AM »

Likewise but stop.acting  out like Owen Jones Smiley

sola virtus nobilitat
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #13373 on: July 20, 2018, 10:05:44 AM »

EU appear to be playing hardball in the media but in reality are they not just saying the same thing they said before the referendum?

'You cannot split/cherry pick the 4 freedoms?'

Which in reality means we are in or out.

Due to Ireland/Calais issues we cannot be out.

So anyone with any sense would thrown in the towel and tell the people they cannot have what they want?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #13374 on: July 20, 2018, 11:04:12 AM »

EU appear to be playing hardball in the media but in reality are they not just saying the same thing they said before the referendum?

'You cannot split/cherry pick the 4 freedoms?'

Which in reality means we are in or out.

Due to Ireland/Calais issues we cannot be out.

So anyone with any sense would thrown in the towel and tell the people they cannot have what they want?

Being consistent is playing hardball though

sola virtus nobilitat
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #13375 on: July 20, 2018, 11:13:10 AM »

Likewise but stop.acting  out like Owen Jones Smiley

JFC this Owen Jones popped up on my radar about a month ago, what a jumped up little prick he is. Must be the lefts version of Katie Hopkins, would love to punch him square in the gob 
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #13376 on: July 20, 2018, 11:57:10 AM »

I wish people would stop putting about the nonsense that no deal would hurt the EU as much as the UK. It wouldn’t - by a long way.
The UK (and Ireland) would suffer a lot; the rest of the EU, a bit.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #13377 on: July 20, 2018, 12:21:37 PM »

I wish people would stop putting about the nonsense that no deal would hurt the EU as much as the UK. It wouldn’t - by a long way.

Not that I particularly want it to hurt the EU but I don't see how they wouldn't be affected quite negatively by a chaotic departure. What do you have in mind when you say they would only be affected a bit

sola virtus nobilitat
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #13378 on: July 20, 2018, 12:27:18 PM »

Not that I particularly want it to hurt the EU but I don't see how they wouldn't be affected quite negatively by a chaotic departure. What do you have in mind when you say they would only be affected a bit

The EU is much bigger than the UK. Trade between the two accounts for a much bigger percentage of the UK's economy than of the EU's.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #13379 on: July 20, 2018, 12:45:23 PM »

I don't think anyone has said that. It was the IMF report that was referred to. Clearly there would be some effect in Europe.

1.5% off GDP growth and losing a million jobs in the EU would hurt.

Pages: 1 ... 888 889 890 891 [892] 893 894 895 896 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: