blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:55:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 281 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 289 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2197668 times)
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #4260 on: June 28, 2016, 08:47:13 PM »

Corbyn is driving his own agenda. If he truly cared for this country he woke step aside to give Labour a fighting chance.

If an election was called and he was in situ God knows who id vote for
if it was Boris against corbyn I would vote lib dem as the pro eu party. Never thought I would write that

But we're leaving the EU so the LibDem's position on that front is surely irrelevant?
I would want to use my vote. I'm the first past the post system many votes are "wasted". Couldn't vote corbyn. Not ukip. Not brexit Tory. Coincidentally and as you say irrelevant but 9000 people have joined the lib dems since last Thursday.

Would be more effective to just have an angry wank and get it over with rather than wasting one on joining the libdems. If corbyn wins the nomination again, surely the general election will have a new party made up of the corbyn rebels, a labour without the unions. Could call it Blabour.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4261 on: June 28, 2016, 08:57:42 PM »

Corbyn is driving his own agenda. If he truly cared for this country he woke step aside to give Labour a fighting chance.

if it was Boris against corbyn I would vote lib dem as the pro eu party. Never thought I would write that

But we're leaving the EU so the LibDem's position on that front is surely irrelevant?
I would want to use my vote. I'm the first past the post system many votes are "wasted". Couldn't vote corbyn. Not ukip. Not brexit Tory. Coincidentally and as you say irrelevant but 9000 people have joined the lib dems since last Thursday.

Would be more effective to just have an angry wank and get it over with rather than wasting one on joining the libdems. If corbyn wins the nomination again, surely the general election will have a new party made up of the corbyn rebels, a labour without the unions. Could call it Blabour.

I don't see why the 170 couldnt just move over to the lib dems.  There is more in common than what divides them, to paraphrase Jo Cox.   I am sure the lib dems will listen pretty hard in the circumstances.   If the election happens rapidly it has to be more desirable than standing behind Jeremy Corbyn in an election blood bath.   

Lib Dem is just a title after all. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #4262 on: June 28, 2016, 09:03:42 PM »

No the blairites are in the minority of the 170 who showed no confidence in jc today. it includes genuine left wing mps, not just red Tories. Many of those would be seen as core Labour to any Labour voter.

Or careerists/bandwagon jumpers. 
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #4263 on: June 28, 2016, 09:04:16 PM »

I don't see why the 170 couldnt just move over to the lib dems.  There is more in common than what divides them, to paraphrase Jo Cox.   I am sure the lib dems will listen pretty hard in the circumstances.   If the election happens rapidly it has to be more desirable than standing behind Jeremy Corbyn in an election blood bath.   

Lib Dems would do anything for a shot at power, think weve established that, cant imagine a group this big submitting to a group who got decimated in the GE and who offer zero over just starting again for me.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #4264 on: June 28, 2016, 09:06:13 PM »

Corbyn holds on.

There's a general election in October.

Do Labour have Brexit or Remain in their manifesto?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4265 on: June 28, 2016, 09:09:17 PM »

Lib Dems would do anything for a shot at power, think weve established that, cant imagine a group this big submitting to a group who got decimated in the GE and who offer zero over just starting again for me.

I said they would listen pretty hard.  I don't know how easy it is to start a new party and hit the ground running in 2 months.  Just thinking out loud really.  

Just don't get Corbyn.  If 80% of my colleagues said I was shit at my job, I am not sure I'd even be hanging round to try and fix what I was doing wrong.   I'd be absolutely mortified and pretty embarrassed by the situation.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #4266 on: June 28, 2016, 09:13:48 PM »

I said they would listen pretty hard.  I don't know how easy it is to start a new party and hit the ground running in 2 months.  Just thinking out loud really.  

Just don't get Corbyn.  If 80% of my colleagues said I was shit at my job, I am not sure I'd even be hanging round to try and fix what I was doing wrong.   I'd be absolutely mortified and pretty embarrassed by the situation.  

He believes that the 80% don't understand what the job is and this have no way of knowing if he's any good at it.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #4267 on: June 28, 2016, 09:16:51 PM »

He believes that the 80% don't understand what the job is and this have no way of knowing if he's any good at it.

Think hes spent his whole career having the majority not agree or not care about his politics, he doesnt understand know what else to do in the situation when he feels hes right. He doesnt have a difference between right and logical right.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4268 on: June 28, 2016, 09:23:31 PM »

If people were able to re-frame and

a) not see a party leader's sole purpose as getting elected
b) think more long term

We'd all be a lot better off.

Farage for example, has shifted the whole debate around immigration to a completely different place than it was without even a sniff at power - so much so that all parties pretty much tallk his language about controlling immigration even though their actions would suggest they don't really want to.

Corbyn (or his like) with time, could do the same in more beneficial areas. The important thing, for real change, is to win the debate about where the debate should take place - not whether you're in power or not.

sola virtus nobilitat
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #4269 on: June 28, 2016, 09:57:13 PM »

you can look at it another way that if labour had the right Miliband- they win the election there's never a referendum and Farage is in the wilderness for another 20 years.

Power much more important than ideology

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #4270 on: June 28, 2016, 10:02:18 PM »

Nadine Dorries and Ken Clarke on Sky News pretty sure there will not be an early General Election.
 "No public mood for it as well as UKIP winning in the north and Lib Dems in the south."
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4271 on: June 28, 2016, 10:02:31 PM »

you can look at it another way that if labour had the right Miliband- they win the election there's never a referendum and Farage is in the wilderness for another 20 years.

Power much more important than ideology

That's just results orientation based on the outcome you desired. I'm not trying to backfit anything - I'm saying there's more to leadership than whether you win or lose.

My feelings as usual, I'm talking on a different plane to the common man

sola virtus nobilitat
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #4272 on: June 28, 2016, 10:17:43 PM »

Nadine Dorries and Ken Clarke on Sky News pretty sure there will not be an early General Election.
 "No public mood for it as well as UKIP winning in the north and Lib Dems in the south."

Makes sense really.

Although if the new Tory leader doesn't trigger Article 50 PDQ, the Tories will lose loads of seats to UKIP too.

I'll tell you what, this might be alarmist, but if the Tories haven't begun the process to leave the EU by 2020 (very possible) and the UK is still under austerity (very possible too) UKIP might be the largest party after the general election.

Prime Minister Farage.

Death penalty brought back, NHS privatised, legalised hand gun ownership etc etc and etc.

The more I conjecture, the more depressed I'm getting.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4273 on: June 28, 2016, 10:21:10 PM »

Alan Partridge on the TV, and Camel on here.

I'm not sure which tale is more far fetched and hilarious.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #4274 on: June 28, 2016, 10:22:06 PM »

Jesus how cringe was Farage? It's like waltzing over to a woman you really want to take on a date and saying "fancy a curry you fat cow?". You prob won't be having sex with that woman anytime soon. Being ballsy is one thing but a bit of diplomacy is more fitting for a diplomat methinks.

Anyway, just occurred to me that as poker players you are always chatting about the long term. Nah Mantis you are shit at poker because you haven't played a million hands over a thousand years. So funny how you guys have been making certain predictions from the stock market results the morning after the night before.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 289 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: