blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:11:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 508 509 510 511 [512] 513 514 515 516 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2180664 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #7665 on: March 30, 2017, 11:54:27 AM »

At a time when the Labour Party is imploding and more moderate Labour votes will be looking for a home, you would expect the Lib Dems to be picking up significant support. After all, where else could this group of voters go?

I watched Tim Farron last night and saw why that's not going to happen.

Don't think he could answer the question when it was put to him that his call for another referendum at the end of negotiations would mean the EU would just be incentivised to give us a poor deal.

Bit of a joke.

Haha. Of all politicians he's the one I feel like I'd really like to give a wrist burn or something

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #7666 on: March 30, 2017, 11:55:39 AM »

At a time when the Labour Party is imploding and more moderate Labour votes will be looking for a home, you would expect the Lib Dems to be picking up significant support. After all, where else could this group of voters go?

I watched Tim Farron last night and saw why that's not going to happen.

Don't think he could answer the question when it was put to him that his call for another referendum at the end of negotiations would mean the EU would just be incentivised to give us a poor deal.

Bit of a joke.

oh i completely disagree (well almost completely, farron clearly isn't a clegg)

LD membership is through the roof (87000 now), local results showing a lot of gains

think the next few years are very interesting for them especially if a) no brexit deal and b) corbyn stays to 2020

(full disclosure, i joined the lib dems a few months ago, natural home for a "leftish/wet" conservative remainer)

Oh man. Soaking wet Smiley

sola virtus nobilitat
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7667 on: March 30, 2017, 02:55:32 PM »

(full disclosure, i joined the lib dems a few months ago, natural home for a "leftish/wet" conservative remainer)

Same here, but joined from the other side (pissed-off ex-Labour voter).  Greg Mulholland is my MP, so I'm one of the few that currently still has a Lib-Dem MP, but I suspect that number will increase at the next GE.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #7668 on: March 30, 2017, 03:14:01 PM »

I saw some very important euro mp types on the tv news this morning. They were talking about how they were going to teach the uk a harsh lesson for leaving as a warning to others. It all sounded rather sinister and left me wondering if these are the freedoms and conditions that will help expand the euro club moving forwards. Once you join you cannot escape or we will punish you. In fact the image of adulterous wives being stoned in far flung countries as a warning to others sprang to mind. All very noble I'm sure.

In fact I've digested a lot of info regarding the negotiations and some of the rhetoric is rather dramatic, on a cliff edge, the sky falling in. I think this is revolving around the psychological fact that the uk is 'leaving'. But the reality is that Europe is equally negotiating with us and so they can indeed put their straight bananas up their bottoms. Let's take just one industry, say wine, well good luck to the French and Italian governments happily announcing they have negotiated a 30% tariff on all exports to the lucrative uk market. Bet the people will be pleased about the lesson They are teaching us. And perhaps more people will vote to leave euro and join the new club we create.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #7669 on: March 30, 2017, 03:57:09 PM »

I saw some very important euro mp types on the tv news this morning. They were talking about how they were going to teach the uk a harsh lesson for leaving as a warning to others. It all sounded rather sinister and left me wondering if these are the freedoms and conditions that will help expand the euro club moving forwards. Once you join you cannot escape or we will punish you. In fact the image of adulterous wives being stoned in far flung countries as a warning to others sprang to mind. All very noble I'm sure.

In fact I've digested a lot of info regarding the negotiations and some of the rhetoric is rather dramatic, on a cliff edge, the sky falling in. I think this is revolving around the psychological fact that the uk is 'leaving'. But the reality is that Europe is equally negotiating with us and so they can indeed put their straight bananas up their bottoms. Let's take just one industry, say wine, well good luck to the French and Italian governments happily announcing they have negotiated a 30% tariff on all exports to the lucrative uk market. Bet the people will be pleased about the lesson They are teaching us. And perhaps more people will vote to leave euro and join the new club we create.

very nice, breitbart uk looking for contributers I heard, drop them a mail.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #7670 on: March 31, 2017, 12:01:06 AM »

Same here, but joined from the other side (pissed-off ex-Labour voter).  Greg Mulholland is my MP, so I'm one of the few that currently still has a Lib-Dem MP, but I suspect that number will increase at the next GE.

Surprised by this, didn't you Vote Leave?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7671 on: March 31, 2017, 02:36:43 PM »

good grief.

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7672 on: March 31, 2017, 02:37:15 PM »

Londoners like Sadiq Khan. A lot

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7673 on: March 31, 2017, 02:38:28 PM »

a different swing to the national one in a remain city

this would sent double figures Lab seats to other parties in london

YouGov/Standard (London, chg vs April 2016):

CON 34 (+4)
LAB 37 (-9)
LD 14 (+7)
UKIP 9 (-4)
GRN 5 (+1)

24-28th

N=1,042

My eyes are open wide
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7674 on: March 31, 2017, 03:04:29 PM »

Surprised by this, didn't you Vote Leave?

I did, but that was more of a response to the campaign being run by Remain (doom-mongering by Cameron and Osborne in particular) rather than any particularly strong views on being in or out of Europe.

The Lib-Dems immediately started campaigning after the vote to be representing 'the 48%'.  I tweeted them to say whether they'd welcome a centre-left leave voter and got pretty much instant replies from Greg Mulholland and Tim Farron, which I was impressed with.

In fairness, my biggest political issue now is for electoral reform and an end to FPTP, given that we're doomed to lifetime of Tory Governments without it, so there's a natural fit too.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #7675 on: March 31, 2017, 05:57:13 PM »

I just saw a series of tweets suggesting Northern Ireland and Gibralter both have the right of ignoring Brexit and staying in the EU.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #7676 on: March 31, 2017, 06:26:23 PM »

I just saw a series of tweets suggesting Northern Ireland and Gibralter both have the right of ignoring Brexit and staying in the EU.

Only be joining Ireland and Spain respectively?  Guess nobody quotes sources anymore.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7677 on: April 02, 2017, 12:13:39 PM »

the British consumer is on a mad one

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7678 on: April 02, 2017, 12:14:37 PM »

unforeseen consequences of Brexit. NI borders, gibraltar...

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7679 on: April 02, 2017, 12:16:06 PM »

the sun is supportive

"A long way to go, but Theresa May's Brexit negotiation is off to as good a start as anyone could have expected"

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3227770/wily-theresa-may-shows-the-sky-wont-fall-in-at-brexit-following-article-50-letter/

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 508 509 510 511 [512] 513 514 515 516 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: