blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:45:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273384 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 516 517 518 519 [520] 521 522 523 524 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2239772 times)
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #7785 on: April 18, 2017, 03:58:01 PM »

Anybody else tilted by the game playing comments? Particularly ironic coming from Mrs. I will not hold an early election May.

Is Corbyn going along with this because the labour rebels will happily bite the bullet to get rid of him, leaving him with no choice? I don't really get it. How certain are we of the vote passing tomorrow?

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #7786 on: April 18, 2017, 04:01:24 PM »

Anybody else tilted by the game playing comments? Particularly ironic coming from Mrs. I will not hold an early election May.

Is Corbyn going along with this because the labour rebels will happily bite the bullet to get rid of him, leaving him with no choice? I don't really get it. How certain are we of the vote passing tomorrow?

No, anyone else would have said exactly the same thing if put in that spot and asked that question.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #7787 on: April 18, 2017, 04:17:58 PM »

This year I've made a concerted effort to stop binge consuming politics because it's such a time suck and debating with others rarely is that productive (except on this forum which is a rare exception).

However, no matter how unlikely, the idea of Corbyn leading this country strikes more fear into me than Trump, sigh, time to lose a few friends on social media.

Anybody really falling out over politics isn't a true friend anyway, maybe it's just a good excuse to sort out the wheat from the chaff!!

I haven't got any mates who are Tories or UKIPpers.

Impossible for me to be friends with someone who doesn't share the same values of what is right or wrong.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7788 on: April 18, 2017, 04:27:07 PM »

As Leader of the Opposition (sic) his basic position must be 'I'd be a better Prime Minister than the current PM'. Therefore, given the chance to become PM in an election, he can't say 'Er, I'm not ready just yet'.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #7789 on: April 18, 2017, 05:08:54 PM »

As Leader of the Opposition (sic) his basic position must be 'I'd be a better Prime Minister than the current PM'. Therefore, given the chance to become PM in an election, he can't say 'Er, I'm not ready just yet'.

So the fixed term act is just pointless? Why can't he say he is preparing for an election in 2020, wants a concrete platform or party unity before he considers an early election. I can't really buy burying his head in the sand and getting slaughtered is a better option than saying no to this election. 2 months seems like an absurdly short amount of time for a proper campaign.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7790 on: April 18, 2017, 05:40:15 PM »

Is there any truth in this from Paul Nuttall?

"There is also the prospect of a slew of Tory held by-elections caused by the seeming systematic breach of electoral law at the last election, predominantly in places where Ukip were pressing the Conservatives hard."

I haven't followed the election expenses story at all.

Was the prospect of by-elections in the constituencies where the tories over-spent a realistic one?
I think there is as me truth in this but not from the ukip perspective. Many of the 2015 constituencies nailed for tory overspending were lib-tory marginals as part of Cameron's "decapitation" strategy. A series of by elections forced there with a Parliamentary majority of 12 would be awkward at best.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #7791 on: April 18, 2017, 05:46:29 PM »

This year I've made a concerted effort to stop binge consuming politics because it's such a time suck and debating with others rarely is that productive (except on this forum which is a rare exception).

However, no matter how unlikely, the idea of Corbyn leading this country strikes more fear into me than Trump, sigh, time to lose a few friends on social media.

Anybody really falling out over politics isn't a true friend anyway, maybe it's just a good excuse to sort out the wheat from the chaff!!

Impossible for me to be friends with someone who doesn't share the same values of what is right or wrong.

That's because they probably binned you as friends first as they got sick of your moaning about what is 'right or wrong'.
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #7792 on: April 18, 2017, 05:53:11 PM »

She's got some brass neck I'll give her that, the Tories have been the biggest game players over the last 2/3 years re Brexit and Scottish Independence in particular. What does she think the opposition are supposed to do, bow to her every whim?

I honestly thought that she was standing down, the woman looks ghastly, she's like death warmed up. Does she ever do anything bar repeat sound bites ad nauseam rather than answer questions outside of stage managed situations like PMQs, it also looks like she's now dodging TV debates, surely she's not afraid of debating with Corbyn in an open forum, or is it more game playing?
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #7793 on: April 18, 2017, 06:04:51 PM »

She's got some brass neck I'll give her that, the Tories have been the biggest game players over the last 2/3 years re Brexit and Scottish Independence in particular. What does she think the opposition are supposed to do, bow to her every whim?

I honestly thought that she was standing down, the woman looks ghastly, she's like death warmed up. Does she ever do anything bar repeat sound bites ad nauseam rather than answer questions outside of stage managed situations like PMQs, it also looks like she's now dodging TV debates, surely she's not afraid of debating with Corbyn in an open forum, or is it more game playing?

If you're got a large lead in the polls and a quick snap election in 6 weeks I'm sure every advisor will tell her to be washing her hair that night.
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #7794 on: April 18, 2017, 06:08:39 PM »

If you're got a large lead in the polls and a quick snap election in 6 weeks I'm sure every advisor will tell her to be washing her hair that night.

She also went heavy on the blusher, I genuinely think she looks ill though.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #7795 on: April 18, 2017, 08:43:56 PM »

This has tickled me.  Got to be a wind up surely?  You'll terminate a friendship if they vote for the Tories?!!!
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #7796 on: April 18, 2017, 08:46:43 PM »

So the fixed term act is just pointless? Why can't he say he is preparing for an election in 2020, wants a concrete platform or party unity before he considers an early election. I can't really buy burying his head in the sand and getting slaughtered is a better option than saying no to this election. 2 months seems like an absurdly short amount of time for a proper campaign.

This is the problem with UK politics, even a relatively sane and principled man like Corbyn is still a career politician incapable of stepping outside the established norms.

Disagree on yr other point, 6 weeks is plenty of time for a campaign if you have anything worthwhile to say.

sola virtus nobilitat
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #7797 on: April 18, 2017, 08:49:13 PM »

This has tickled me.  Got to be a wind up surely?  You'll terminate a friendship if they vote for the Tories?!!!

This tickled me as well.  Can't have Bloom down as a die hard leftie! Wink
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #7798 on: April 18, 2017, 08:55:55 PM »

No representation without taxation

sola virtus nobilitat
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7799 on: April 18, 2017, 08:56:48 PM »

I was not in the least amused, I was close to tears.

All these years I thought we were mates.

The future is so bleak for me now.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 518 519 [520] 521 522 523 524 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: