blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:15:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1201 1202 1203 1204 [1205] 1206 1207 1208 1209 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2191326 times)
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #18060 on: June 11, 2019, 07:05:07 PM »

The sanctimonious disdain that oozes out of EU towards us and our ideals mean reform from within is implausible.

Then it’s just a case of whether you want to go to a party where everybody thinks you’re a “fucker”

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18061 on: June 11, 2019, 07:30:38 PM »

what are "our ideals"? have they ever been expressed and are they homogenous?

I expect one subset's is very different from another's in the UK. That lack of unity compared to the unity of the EU27 who have a common bond and can express their ideals is quite a big negotiating disadvantage, whatever their strategy is, hard/soft brexit etc and borne of such a simplistic referendum question where very little was defined by those proposing to leave.

In any case, disentangling an economy so intertwined with its fellow participants in a CU after 40 years is proving almost insurmountable, not just on trade but on Ireland.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #18062 on: June 11, 2019, 07:55:05 PM »

Sure, it’s a tough problem and people will suffer.

So watching the EU reps guzzling wine whilst taking every opportunity to make jokes about us and take jabs at us is inappropriate behaviour for me. They kept describing it as “a game” that needed to be won.

Actually I saw Poland raise a concern at the table that the rhetoric was too negative and should be more conciliatory but that was dismissed. Is this the unity? Anyway I just don’t care how complex the problems are I simply don’t want to be in bed with these people. The more I’m told I have no choice the more determined I become. I’m sure this is a common feeling amongst leave voters.

Watching the Dday stuff last week made me think what a highly illogical undertaking it was, lots of reasons to think we were going to fail.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18063 on: June 11, 2019, 09:52:23 PM »

So watching the EU reps guzzling wine whilst taking every opportunity to make jokes about us and take jabs at us is inappropriate behaviour for me. They kept describing it as “a game” that needed to be won.

Actually I saw Poland raise a concern at the table that the rhetoric was too negative and should be more conciliatory but that was dismissed. Is this the unity? Anyway I just don’t care how complex the problems are I simply don’t want to be in bed with these people. The more I’m told I have no choice the more determined I become. I’m sure this is a common feeling amongst leave voters.

Watching the Dday stuff last week made me think what a highly illogical undertaking it was, lots of reasons to think we were going to fail.

They are laughing at us because we made the worst decision any country ever has yet. The levity is because they think we can’t actually be stupid enough to do it. Bring on the Mighty Boris!! Deloitte might go bust.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18064 on: June 11, 2019, 10:01:01 PM »

The first sentence “ it’s a tough problem and people will suffer” nobody has ever credibly suggested that there’ll be an upside.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #18065 on: June 11, 2019, 10:20:59 PM »

Hey Kuku would you suck Barnier’s pecker to Remain in EU?

You might think that question is stupid but in reality it’s rather insightful

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #18066 on: June 11, 2019, 10:32:56 PM »

Hey Kuku would you suck Barnier’s pecker to Remain in EU?

You might think that question is stupid but in reality it’s rather insightful

If you were a dog they’d put you down, you’ll have to soldier on though. I’ll help where I can.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #18067 on: June 11, 2019, 11:16:30 PM »

The remainers choose to ignore these arguments.

To them all is rosy with Europe, and it is a marv place to be.

of course not. wholly simplistic view

Very few suggest its sweetness and light. Reform from within has been the preference.

Totally preferable to the difficulty of leaving especially with no deal, a view expressed on here for  3 years now and still no sign that this opinion is wrong

I am at Plantworx this week. The U.K.s biggest construction show held bi annually. I am in a fortunate position and dined with the heads of a number of this country's major construction firms and equipment manufacturers.
Not one expressed any concern about the long term effects of Brexit, all in term pointing out the separate trade deals our EU so called partners run on the side, which I won't bore you with at this stage.
Not one was concerned because they maintained that thriving business with ideas people will always overcome.

They are full of reminders that people like you were predicting full scale collapse the minute we voted ourselves out, but it never happened.

Issues about the car industry and lapsed import agreements were discussed which explained these long expected issues in their industry.

I felt comfortable I was in the presence of people that actually know from running business and experiencing it, not just talking about it and picking up on some articles that help build their case.

We have tried to reform for years with nada in terms of results and with Europe now flooded with Brexit MEPs that's another session where nothing will change even if we could.

I have also drunk a considerable amount of vino.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #18068 on: June 12, 2019, 11:21:58 AM »

Cabinet note (from late May) shared with the FT reveals that Whitehall is not ready for No Deal in October

Click to see full-size image.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #18069 on: June 12, 2019, 07:58:42 PM »

Cabinet note (from late May) shared with the FT reveals that Whitehall is not ready for No Deal in October

Can't be true, we were ready in March, loadsa fridges and that

sola virtus nobilitat
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #18070 on: June 12, 2019, 08:09:46 PM »

Can't be true, we were ready in March, loadsa fridges and that

Complete non event, we barely did any preparation.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #18071 on: June 12, 2019, 08:44:03 PM »

We might consider that EU propaganda is responsible for all this jibber jabber...so they can win the “game”

Football agent wants to increase the price of his client by a few milly? Oh what’s this? a note is seen by press that West Ham and Fulham and some others are interested. Muhahaha.

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #18072 on: June 13, 2019, 02:16:27 PM »

199 didn't vote for Boris, 114 did. Probably not enough to keep him out of the final 2 though.

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #18073 on: June 13, 2019, 02:19:35 PM »

Incred.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #18074 on: June 13, 2019, 02:22:20 PM »

199 didn't vote for Boris, 114 did. Probably not enough to keep him out of the final 2 though.

Anything over 105 and you are in the final 2.

As they say, the only person who can beat Boris is Boris.

Lets buckle up and enjoy the ride. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 1201 1202 1203 1204 [1205] 1206 1207 1208 1209 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: