blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:15:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1223 1224 1225 1226 [1227] 1228 1229 1230 1231 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2180223 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #18390 on: June 23, 2019, 10:00:13 PM »

Come on. I post all sorts of viewpoints. Every single time you and a few others post I just want to give up. Its so sapping to have to wade through the half arsed views to be frank, that never change in the face of all evidence that they should.

No doubt after a good night's sleep my enthusiasm will return but you really make it tough, constantly ascribing motivations to me that simply don't exist

If there was positive news about Brexit, I would post it. There isn't any, and rarely has been.

But you only have one view and are so blinkered to any other view apart from what you read from journalists.

I posted a couple of weeks ago about being in the presence of so many owners or board members of large manufacturing companies, who were so unfazed about the prospects of Brexit.

No one comments.

My post above about jumping on the Boris bashing 'home argument',  but Bawling Nazi shouting lefties gets ignored.

I am often wrong on here, but I never avoid the hard stuff, same with Mantis and Woodsey. I know who I respect more, just for that.

I like Mantis and Woodsey's posts - sometimes they post idiotic analogies, sometimes Woodsey trolls, but it's often tongue in cheek and they are often funny.

You take yourself so seriously and post like you have some special insight..which you really don't and worse still you are never, ever funny. Regrettably, all your posts have an edge and a miserliness that doesn't benefit anyone - stick to horses maybe.

Appreciate it if you could self ban or at least stop popping at Tighty who posts loads of interesting stuff to advance a view and/or facilitate a debate

Oh dear.

I have never once said what Tighty posts isnt interesting. I just say its completely one sided and as he is clearly a Blonde "influencer" to those more easily lead, I just try to point this out. Why is it ok for him to tell me I am constantly wrong all the time, often with belittling comments about how ridiculous my statements are, and yet I cant fight my corner??

As I said, I am happy to accept I may be wrong on many issues,but you like so many of you here, can't possibly conceive you are at any time.

Never ever funny? I can live with that, but right back at ya. I can well imagine you making posts and looking at them smugly as you press post, thinking how clever you have been. My posts are mainly out of frustrations at people so hard set they have broken the dial off.

FWIW, I think its a valid point I made about my time with manufacturing Captains of industry. I am sure they actually know more than the journos filling most of your heads with BS to sell papers. But that's too difficult to argue with, so it gets ignored. That's fine, but its still the truth.
That's the only special insight I have ever claimed, as for taking myself seriously, lol, I am the most self deprecating person here....

Same as Tighty spending two pages trying to slag off Boris for having a dust up with his missus, yet ignoring posts about Nazi ranting Lefties who assult old people.... its easy to look wonderful if you ignore the pieces you have nothing to make you case about.

On many occasions I do want to stop posting here. I have few friends here, but when folk like you tell me to go, its red rag to a bull.....

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #18391 on: June 23, 2019, 10:11:19 PM »

I never post idiotic analogies. Contributing to this thread feels like coming home after a few quiet drinks to find the missus in a foul mood. She starts throwing plates, glasses, screaming blue murder and telling you to get out. You’ve done nothing wrong but other members with opposing political views slate you for no reason saying they’re concerned for the welfare of females and shy posters. I find it all so draining.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #18392 on: June 23, 2019, 10:13:07 PM »

I never post idiotic analogies. Contributing to this thread feels like coming home after a few quiet drinks to find the missus in a foul mood. She starts throwing plates, glasses, screaming blue murder and telling you to get out. You’ve done nothing wrong but other members with opposing political views slate you for no reason saying they’re concerned for the welfare of females and shy posters. I find it all so draining.

I nearly got bottled for not wanting to cut the grass today. It was only 18 inches high FFS!!
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #18393 on: June 23, 2019, 10:24:47 PM »

Come on. I post all sorts of viewpoints. Every single time you and a few others post I just want to give up. Its so sapping to have to wade through the half arsed views to be frank, that never change in the face of all evidence that they should.

No doubt after a good night's sleep my enthusiasm will return but you really make it tough, constantly ascribing motivations to me that simply don't exist

If there was positive news about Brexit, I would post it. There isn't any, and rarely has been.

But you only have one view and are so blinkered to any other view apart from what you read from journalists.

I posted a couple of weeks ago about being in the presence of so many owners or board members of large manufacturing companies, who were so unfazed about the prospects of Brexit.

No one comments.

My post above about jumping on the Boris bashing 'home argument',  but Bawling Nazi shouting lefties gets ignored.

I am often wrong on here, but I never avoid the hard stuff, same with Mantis and Woodsey. I know who I respect more, just for that.

I like Mantis and Woodsey's posts - sometimes they post idiotic analogies, sometimes Woodsey trolls, but it's often tongue in cheek and they are often funny.

You take yourself so seriously and post like you have some special insight..which you really don't and worse still you are never, ever funny. Regrettably, all your posts have an edge and a miserliness that doesn't benefit anyone - stick to horses maybe.

Appreciate it if you could self ban or at least stop popping at Tighty who posts loads of interesting stuff to advance a view and/or facilitate a debate

Oh dear.

I have never once said what Tighty posts isnt interesting. I just say its completely one sided and as he is clearly a Blonde "influencer" to those more easily lead, I just try to point this out. Why is it ok for him to tell me I am constantly wrong all the time, often with belittling comments about how ridiculous my statements are, and yet I cant fight my corner??

As I said, I am happy to accept I may be wrong on many issues,but you like so many of you here, can't possibly conceive you are at any time.

Never ever funny? I can live with that, but right back at ya. I can well imagine you making posts and looking at them smugly as you press post, thinking how clever you have been. My posts are mainly out of frustrations at people so hard set they have broken the dial off.

FWIW, I think its a valid point I made about my time with manufacturing Captains of industry. I am sure they actually know more than the journos filling most of your heads with BS to sell papers. But that's too difficult to argue with, so it gets ignored. That's fine, but its still the truth.
That's the only special insight I have ever claimed, as for taking myself seriously, lol, I am the most self deprecating person here....

Same as Tighty spending two pages trying to slag off Boris for having a dust up with his missus, yet ignoring posts about Nazi ranting Lefties who assult old people.... its easy to look wonderful if you ignore the pieces you have nothing to make you case about.

On many occasions I do want to stop posting here. I have few friends here, but when folk like you tell me to go, its red rag to a bull.....

If this is all tongue in cheek and ironic, yah, you got me. On the other hand, it's possible you lack any self awareness (exit stage right, smiling smugly to oneself)

sola virtus nobilitat
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #18394 on: June 23, 2019, 10:46:26 PM »

No one comments.

Oh dear.

Here you go:

UK construction set for positive growth amid Brexit uncertainty:  https://www.pbctoday.co.uk/news/planning-construction-news/uk-construction-growth-brexit/52966/

How a no deal Brexit will transform the construction industry: https://www.pbctoday.co.uk/news/planning-construction-news/no-deal-brexit-construction/54317/

But beware, headlines can be misleading....
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #18395 on: June 23, 2019, 10:53:19 PM »

« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 11:13:06 PM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #18396 on: June 24, 2019, 01:32:37 AM »

It's quite amusing how you treat Tighty like some sacred Cow.

All rallying to his defence when someone dares to disagree or points out maybe he isn't spot on all the time.

No doubt someone will post an article from some Sacred Cow inspired website with some percentages and opinion to prove me entirely wrong though.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #18397 on: June 24, 2019, 04:55:43 AM »

It's quite amusing how you treat Tighty like some sacred Cow.

All rallying to his defence when someone dares to disagree or points out maybe he isn't spot on all the time.

No doubt someone will post an article from some Sacred Cow inspired website with some percentages and opinion to prove me entirely wrong though.

Seriously?
Get a life.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #18398 on: June 24, 2019, 09:52:04 AM »

I'm not associating with the "do-gooder remainers" or the "stuffy right wing leavers" but surely no one can be satisfied with the current state of UK politics or the people involved??

I'm not saying Brexit is a good or bad thing, I personally voted to remain but I see the reasons to vote leave and think the chances of brexit being completed and in 5+yrs things being better than they were i the EU is not a long price, however surely no one can argue that it's been easily the biggest political disaster in recent times for the UK? I mean its been utter chaos, Tighty said there is no "good" brext news being reported ITT because there isn't any is absolutely right, there hasn't been a remotely positive brexit breakthrough basically since it started, I'm not one for these statements but if you don't think Brexit has been a disaster up to now then I mean... come on. (And this is no reflection on the principle of brexit or whether it will ultimately be worth it)

Theresa May completely in-effective during her tenure-ship, no support in the commons, no support in europe, barely any support in her own cabinet, total waste of time, Corbyn will be the same, cant even unite his own party, Boris very well might be the best option for UK leadership right now but SURELY no one thinks he'll be a "good" prime minister?

The whole thing is a joke, complete mess and the stuffy old left-vs-right debate is one for the 20th century I'm afraid, I think people, not just politicians need to realise that that political pigeon-holing just isn't relevant these days, one of the party's needs to build a more central political perspective and find a leader who can actually lead. Cameron wasn't well liked on the left wing side and Blair not particularly well liked on the right wing side of political opinion but they both understood you cant win elections with far right/left policy and there's no point governing if you cant win an election. Need to put a stop to this left vs right nonsense and let the way for a liberal-but-realistic party or politician to come through.

Ain't happening though is it. 

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #18399 on: June 24, 2019, 10:21:58 AM »

Totally agree, bloody shambles and we need some sense of team UK here

‘‘Tis why this current obsession with tittle tattle of private life squabbles is infuriating

All the front pages occupied by why doesn’t Boris answer questions about a smashing glass sound

Then the same front pages saying what no solution to Brexit

When are we ever going to unify and who can possibly achieve it??

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18400 on: June 24, 2019, 10:29:35 AM »

My 2p.

I can see absolutely no reason why Tighty or anyone else has an obligation to post links to articles they don't agree with.

Anyone and everyone is entitled to promote whichever side of the argument they choose.

To suggest otherwise is surely ridiculous.

The older I get, the better I was.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #18401 on: June 24, 2019, 10:54:56 AM »

‘‘Tis why this current obsession with tittle tattle of private life squabbles is infuriating

All the front pages occupied by why doesn’t Boris answer questions about a smashing glass sound

How about Geoff Boycott?

Lots of team UK with him in this great clip here:

https://twitter.com/HzBrandenburg/status/1143080293580136448

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #18402 on: June 24, 2019, 11:11:38 AM »

Good to see the influencers at work again in this picture taken in Woodsey's garden yesterday afternoon:

Click to see full-size image.

neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18403 on: June 24, 2019, 11:36:34 AM »

Even the Daily Express which is read by young lefty snowflakes  is asking questions of Johnson. Don’t they know he knows all 5 verses of god save the Queen, and wears union flag boxer shorts, why are they not supporting him?

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #18404 on: June 24, 2019, 12:13:10 PM »

Even the Daily Express which is read by young lefty snowflakes  is asking questions of Johnson. Don’t they know he knows all 5 verses of god save the Queen, and wears union flag boxer shorts, why are they not supporting him?

He only knows 5?

Probably for the best he doesn't know verse 6. Won't help his election campaign.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 1223 1224 1225 1226 [1227] 1228 1229 1230 1231 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: