blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:18:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272480 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1307 1308 1309 1310 [1311] 1312 1313 1314 1315 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2180981 times)
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #19650 on: August 11, 2019, 06:58:14 PM »

I have posted a series of links over the last week highlighting people's concerns for the future of the Union under No deal.

Desperate is the wrong word. If it happens it happens, but it would be in my opinion an utter calamity to no deal, a view I have expressed for three years

The determination to continue in ignorance of everything presented on such matters by some on the "we want to leave, no deal or not" is frustrating and no doubt will only hit home when such people lose their own jobs and other such consequences of what we will see at the back end of this year   

Will you lose your job as a result of Brexit?

It has been 3 years of one way traffic and you have completely convinced yourself there are no possible upsides. Its been a tad embarrassing at times the one sided way you have trawled the papers and only posted articles that back up your view.

If the union is that brittle, then why the hell are we bothered about a backstop? Leave them to it and lets look after our own.

Finally, why on earth are we even supposed to listen to a word Brown says? He was great when he was in charge wasn't he???!!!

This is a bit contradictory really.

I get what you're saying about Tighty and the posting of links, but to start calling someones input into this topic as embarrassing, considering the stuff you have posted is lolz.

Also, your question about work wasn't directed at me. But I sold my business and a big reason for that was Brexit, 60% of my customers was from around the world.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #19651 on: August 11, 2019, 07:01:53 PM »

Always enjoy when I see brexit voters talking about making our own laws. They never really tell you about which laws they want to remove or add though.

It's a bit like choosing someone English to decorate your house even though the other option of European decorator does a better job. 
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #19652 on: August 11, 2019, 07:12:17 PM »

Always enjoy when I see brexit voters talking about making our own laws. They never really tell you about which laws they want to remove or add though.

It's a bit like choosing someone English to decorate your house even though the other option of European decorator does a better job. 

It’s absolutely nothing like that.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #19653 on: August 11, 2019, 07:42:01 PM »

It's exactly like that and it's what Adz has been trying to say for months.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #19654 on: August 11, 2019, 07:47:41 PM »

I have posted a series of links over the last week highlighting people's concerns for the future of the Union under No deal.

Desperate is the wrong word. If it happens it happens, but it would be in my opinion an utter calamity to no deal, a view I have expressed for three years

The determination to continue in ignorance of everything presented on such matters by some on the "we want to leave, no deal or not" is frustrating and no doubt will only hit home when such people lose their own jobs and other such consequences of what we will see at the back end of this year  

It has been 3 years of one way traffic and you have completely convinced yourself there are no possible upsides. Its been a tad embarrassing at times the one sided way you have trawled the papers and only posted articles that back up your view.

If the union is that brittle, then why the hell are we bothered about a backstop? Leave them to it and lets look after our own.

Finally, why on earth are we even supposed to listen to a word Brown says? He was great when he was in charge wasn't he???!!!

I get what you're saying about Tighty and the posting of links, but to start calling someones input into this topic as embarrassing, considering the stuff you have posted is lolz.

Also, your question about work wasn't directed at me. But I sold my business and a big reason for that was Brexit, 60% of my customers was from around the world.

Think it’s about as likely you had a business as you were at the cricket World Cup final  

When does your next shift at Tesco start? 
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #19655 on: August 11, 2019, 07:49:45 PM »

Think it’s about as likely you had a business as you were at the cricket World Cup final  

Same time as yours
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #19656 on: August 11, 2019, 07:56:58 PM »

The nail has been hit squarely on the head.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #19657 on: August 11, 2019, 08:07:44 PM »

We would be out now if the ERG leave MPs had voted for the WA.

It is simply a half arsed view to blame remainers for the mess when May took the hardest line options in her red lines , did not seek to build consensus and then leavers in parliament decided that the version of Brexit she got wasnt good enough

For the sake of fairness we have to add that Corbyns Labour did not vote in the national interest either on the WA and have been useless too.

Given the EU were OK with the WA, what red lines do you think went too far given the ref campaign and the vote to leave. Genuinely interested.

It's wrong to wholly blame remainers but I think the non-stop effort to reject the result and any form of leaving by a sizable number of MPs and millions outside parliament made sure that the bandwagon kept rolling to this point - pointlessly and unnecessarily so. Perpetually holding out the prospect of ultimately remaining was a poor effort from the people who  notionally want to be the representatives of a Govt of national unity (lol). They may win in the end - still 50:50 I think. I'll care less about the leaving or staying but will be slightly fuming inside and dismayed for the rest of my days at the shenanigans.

sola virtus nobilitat
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #19658 on: August 11, 2019, 08:10:25 PM »

This.

Key word is choose. Cos the English decorator offers you a choice of colours. But the continental chappie thinks fuck ur magnolia and paints everything terracotta instead.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #19659 on: August 11, 2019, 08:28:41 PM »

We would be out now if the ERG leave MPs had voted for the WA.

It is simply a half arsed view to blame remainers for the mess when May took the hardest line options in her red lines , did not seek to build consensus and then leavers in parliament decided that the version of Brexit she got wasnt good enough

For the sake of fairness we have to add that Corbyns Labour did not vote in the national interest either on the WA and have been useless too.

Given the EU were OK with the WA, what red lines do you think went too far given the ref campaign and the vote to leave. Genuinely interested.

It's wrong to wholly blame remainers but I think the non-stop effort to reject the result and any form of leaving by a sizable number of MPs and millions outside parliament made sure that the bandwagon kept rolling to this point - pointlessly and unnecessarily so. Perpetually holding out the prospect of ultimately remaining was a poor effort from the people who  notionally want to be the representatives of a Govt of national unity (lol). They may win in the end - still 50:50 I think. I'll care less about the leaving or staying but will be slightly fuming inside and dismayed for the rest of my days at the shenanigans.

And this.

Let alone the damage to democracy, engagement/trust in politics and future voting, our credibility and status cowing back to EU, or negotiating with other nations, pride/identity, ability to collaborate with each other, not addressing concerns or delivering reforms. The fact that it’s happening and still the wah wahing continues. It will continue afterwards, dragging us down for what?

Remain point at the dumbass nature of voting Leave but look how MPs used their vote and the endless self-defeating whining from Remain, it’s made us a global embarrassment. Yea yea I know about the economics and the poison bum moo cows etc but still there’s been a lot of stupidness on display right across the board.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19660 on: August 12, 2019, 11:07:49 AM »

Sajid Javid: 'Not a single economist thinks there will be a recession.'

National Inst of Econ & Social Research today: "Our latest estimate implies that there is a significant risk that the economy is already in a recession that began in April."

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19661 on: August 12, 2019, 11:08:39 AM »

"Mr Johnson’s plot to subvert democracy is more dangerous than Brexit itself"

from the sage Andrew Rawnsley

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/aug/11/boris-johnson-plot-to-subvert-democracy-is-more-dangerous-than-brexit-itself

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19662 on: August 12, 2019, 11:10:26 AM »

“A no deal Brexit is the most grotesque act of national self harm committed in peacetime by a British government".

- Lord Heseltine

link to his video interview on Ridge on Sunday

https://twitter.com/JamesMelville/status/1160558465221320705?s=20

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19663 on: August 12, 2019, 11:11:21 AM »

Betty Bothroyd meanwhile on the same programme

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19664 on: August 12, 2019, 11:11:59 AM »

Former Northern Ireland Secretary tells Crick that troubles in Northern Ireland will return with No Deal Brexit

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/michael-crick-ireland-troubles-no-deal-brexit/

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 1307 1308 1309 1310 [1311] 1312 1313 1314 1315 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: