blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:45:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 402845 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: October 12, 2016, 10:36:59 AM »

thought your boy was exceptional last night.

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: October 12, 2016, 10:53:33 AM »

Yep.  The jobbing keeper save must be up there amongst the top 5 in history I reckon!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: October 12, 2016, 12:52:37 PM »

Sterling to start at the weekend?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: October 12, 2016, 01:32:57 PM »

Yep.  The jobbing keeper save must be up there amongst the top 5 in history I reckon!

Excellent game but thought he was at fault for that save. He should have caught it Smiley

12 more England appearances and he moves into 2nd place on the all-time Engliand GK list

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: October 12, 2016, 01:37:42 PM »

Sterling to start at the weekend?

I've not seen an update on the injury that prevented him from joining the England squad but it was supposed to be not too serious and would expect he is fit  for the weekend. Having said that I've seen talk on a City board tha if he isn't  100%  they might hold him back for the CL game against Barcelona next week.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: October 16, 2016, 12:52:52 PM »

Why did aguero not play?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: October 16, 2016, 12:59:57 PM »

Why did aguero not play?

I think he did play, coming off the bench in the 56th minute.

Probably wanted to give him an easy in readiness for Barca on Wednesday.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 01:07:03 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: October 16, 2016, 01:35:27 PM »

Why did aguero not play?

Because he needs to be managed to stop the niggling injuries

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: October 16, 2016, 04:35:52 PM »

Why did aguero not play?

I think he did play, coming off the bench in the 56th minute.

Probably wanted to give him an easy in readiness for Barca on Wednesday.

This and also less than 3 days recovery from 90 minutes with Argentina in mid week and a draining long haul flight. No surprise he was on the bench.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: October 16, 2016, 04:50:48 PM »

Why did aguero not play?

Because he needs to be managed to stop the niggling injuries

True but his record with injuries  in 2016 has been really good.  City have played 43 games in all comps and he has featured in all but 7 games. He was suspended for 3,  rested for 2 domestic cups, rested for a dead rubber in the CL qualifier and rested for 1 PL game before the CL semi.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: October 16, 2016, 08:37:32 PM »

Wasn't he a doubt for the second international with a calf niggle?

After reading about that I ignored him for FF this week; thankfully.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: October 16, 2016, 09:28:00 PM »

Wasn't he a doubt for the second international with a calf niggle?

After reading about that I ignored him for FF this week; thankfully.

Yes he was pulled from training as a precaution. Over on City boards it was a case of fearing the worse again but only briefly as announced on the same day that he was ok.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: October 16, 2016, 10:08:15 PM »

Despite the missed penalties and the result, I thought City were excellent yesterday and for me a joy to watch. Completely bossed the game and on another day that sort of performance could easily bring a 3 or 4 goal win. Playing 3 at the back without wingbacks was interesting as well and I’m sure we’ll see it again against teams who don’t press high.

If Liverpool win tomorrow the top of the table couldn’t be tighter with City, Arsenal and Liverpool on the same points and Spurs just 1 point behind and Chelsea 3 points behind. I’m hoping for a draw tho.  Obviously very early days but the title race has the look of 2013/2014 again which was a brilliant season.

Next up for City is Barcelona away in the CL. Always hopeful but not optimistic for this one and Messi back yesterday.  I was surprised at the price for Barcelona and got on at 1.58 on the exchange and it has traded as high as 1.63.  These are prices you’d expect against Real or Atletico and City aren’t at that level.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: October 19, 2016, 10:55:55 PM »

I think he will find how he needs to play.

City are the best team in the league at the moment with in my opinion united second.

On Saturday we saw to master tacticians go head to head.

Pep won the 1st half and Jose admitted that.

United got lucky because of possibly the worst keeper ive ever seen after Massimo Taibi, if Ibra had taken his time with the second chance and United had gone in 2-2 I think we may have won 4-2/4-3 in the second half. If Taibi take 2 had not had a howler City may have marched on 3-0/4-0 or even more winners.

Once United put the keeper under pressure i was amazed to see no Plan B from Pep. Bravo kept United in the game back making poor decision after poor decision and having worse long ball distribution that Hart, and that's saying something! I think i counted a spell of 5 possessions for Bravo where he had no short ball on, he went long and hit it straight to a Man U player. Seems mental to me to have no plan B, also United didnt really have blistering pace and "work horse" like attitude upfront. Against teams with a bit of pace in the front 3 the pass it from the back tactic if Bravo does not improve is going to get ripped to shreds.

The reason why City dominated the first 40 minutes is United had no clue what to do with it, Ibra is not going to chase down, United didnt know whether to push on and press or sit and got caught in a middle ground where it looked like City had two extra men every time they had the ball.

Rooney is still in the balance for me, he is making more and more mistakes but really does still work so hard, chasing down balls, making big tackles, being a leader and distributing the ball well. Its just a shame that more and more often now he gives it away with sloppy first touches or bad short passing.

What i didnt get was the last 10 minutes, United put on Rashford, he ran at City and they started making mistakes and we had chance after chance around the box where we made nothing off it.

Then for some bizarre reason we just started punting it into Fellani and Ibra, where they would win the first ball and nobody would be expecting the knock down, WHY!? Give the ball to Rashford.

Last 10 minutes? You started punting it to elbows and Ibra from 60 mins onwards. Laughably one dimensional and despite Bravo's high profile errors he actually had fuck all to do all game, not a single save of any note to make for 90 minutes.

If people are gonna judge Bravo, the No1 for Barca for the last 2 seasons, on his debut then so be it, but methinks you'll end up with egg on your face. If the best manager in the world wants you in goal, then I think its safe to say said keeper is more than good enough.

Maureen is a great manager but he isn't a ''master tactician'' IMO. He is still a million miles away from Pep. How Maureen gets the best out of Pogba is gonna be interesting. If he continues to suffocate him in midfield then its 90m down the shitter. How Rashford doesn't start is beyond me, way way more effective than Rooney and surely anyone with eyes can see that (I could even see it with my blinkers on).

Think you'll scrape top 4 this season.

This is what bookmarks were invented for.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: October 20, 2016, 12:09:40 AM »

Is Pep really the best manager in the world?

I think any manager could have done as much as him at BAYERN MUNICH & BARCELONA.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: