blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:39:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tinker on.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 ... 143 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tinker on.  (Read 338620 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1440 on: February 24, 2017, 12:48:18 PM »

Who prioritized Champions League football over the League ,was it Ranieri or the board ?

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: February 24, 2017, 12:54:16 PM »

Who prioritized Champions League football over the League ,was it Ranieri or the board ?

i don't they did

the players did, got motivated for those games (helped by a europa league quality group) didn't get motivated for some league games

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: February 24, 2017, 01:06:20 PM »

I don't think they really did.  They have sent out near full strength teams in the league and the Champions League.  They didn't prioritise the FA cup.

Out of interest, how many league starts has Musa had?  He seems a strange scapegoat, as I guess he has started less games han he has missed/sat on the bench.

Seems a shame that Ranieri has gone.  I know Clement has done a job for Swansea, but Bob Bradley had hardly achieved what Ranieri did, and I strongly supect he has enjoyed a bit of run good.  And despite this, I am pretty sure that there have been lots of stats analysis that shows that a new manager barely makes a difference overall.  For every Clement there is a Zola and for every Sam Allardyce (Sunderland), there is a Sam Allardyce (Palace).  So the chances are that it is going to make no real difference, and the only difference is that Leicester are going to be always remembered as the side that won the premier league and then sacked their manager.       

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: February 24, 2017, 01:15:18 PM »

Musa was signed for £17m

not his fault what the fee was, but expectations management is what it is when you are a club record fee

he has played 29 games in all comps and scored 4 goals (2 in 18 PL games)

"By January 2017, Musa was yet to register an assist for the club, contributing an average of 0.5 key passes, 0.3 crosses and 1.2 successful dribbles per game" a quick search tellsme

he's 24, he might not have settled, he still might do. He's got bundles of pace.

obviously the next manager's attitude towards him is crucial as to whether he develops with us or not

My eyes are open wide
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: February 24, 2017, 01:33:27 PM »

Musa was signed for £17m

not his fault what the fee was, but expectations management is what it is when you are a club record fee

he has played 29 games in all comps and scored 4 goals (2 in 18 PL games)

"By January 2017, Musa was yet to register an assist for the club, contributing an average of 0.5 key passes, 0.3 crosses and 1.2 successful dribbles per game" a quick search tellsme

he's 24, he might not have settled, he still might do. He's got bundles of pace.

obviously the next manager's attitude towards him is crucial as to whether he develops with us or not

I asked about starts.  Never mind, just found it on google.  7 starts is a bit different to 18.   Surely someone who has only started 7 premiership games is just getting scapegoated here?  I obviously haven't seen him play as much as you, and accept he has likely been a bit crap.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: February 24, 2017, 01:43:29 PM »

fair enough.7 starts in a struggling team, its just too early to tell.

I remember the story (this was in an interview with Pearson ) about Mahrez.

Pearson had signed him, and he turned up to training thin and waif like, shy and not much English

the players thought "who the fk is this?" and initially he struggled

Pearson instructed Wasilewski to kick a lump out of him, see the reaction and try to toughen him up

He did and Mahrez got up,smiled and proceeded to embarrass the defender for the rest of the session with his skill and tricks

If (big if, i don't know) Musa hasn't created that right impression with his team-mates but was still getting picked in squads (and to start in Seville,which was a big surprise) then i could see where some of the negative scapegoating has come from from within the team unit (to journalists etc)

My eyes are open wide
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1446 on: February 24, 2017, 01:46:28 PM »

- the owners are reportedly prioritising the champions league for perception and cachet at home. So i didn't think too much of this, which i have heard around the place, until Ranieri rested Mahrez and Slimani at Chelsea for tomorrow night. Lets get to 40 points please, number one priority. Yes i know this champions league season is an opportunity and likely a one off one, but eyes again are a bit off the ball

over and above that the form ahead of the champions league games is particularly dreadful. P4 D1 L3. I have mentioned before that some of the CL stuff around the club has been strange. Almost a pre-occupation and over-concentration on those games and results in them ( and fans obsessed by the competition, and almost ecstatic that were are topping a very weak group ), really to the detriment of league performances

Not trolling , it just seemed (to me) that the League took a back seat when (like you) i would have made 40 points the main objective.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: February 24, 2017, 01:53:43 PM »

its ok

the fans yes, really prioritised the CL. understandable, one chance to play in it

the players, probably.

board and Ranieri not sure. (i did say above that the board reportedly proritised it,and i disagreed with it)

as someone like arbboy repeatedly pointed out, being in Europe and having two games a week a lot made this season a lot tougher as we HAD to rotate.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: February 24, 2017, 06:33:42 PM »

classy man

i will miss him, no matter the rights and wrongs of it

Mancini has drifted like a barge all afternoon, from Ev to 9/2

my latest semi-informed whispers from the Mercury are a) Hiddink (short term thing if he'd come) and b) (gulp) Avram Grant

My eyes are open wide
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: February 24, 2017, 06:54:39 PM »

Seems like when newcastle sacked Robson, total classless, and always a blot on the memory.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: February 24, 2017, 07:34:54 PM »

Just hope we are not sitting here in 2040 thinking of Leicester like we think of Villa, Forest, Blackburn and Leeds amongst others  in 2017.  Joke operations that used to be powerhouses and are now on their knees.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 07:47:53 PM by arbboy » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: February 25, 2017, 09:59:37 AM »

classy man

i will miss him, no matter the rights and wrongs of it

Mancini has drifted like a barge all afternoon, from Ev to 9/2

my latest semi-informed whispers from the Mercury are a) Hiddink (short term thing if he'd come) and b) (gulp) Avram Grant

A most unusual man in football, & once again he showed his class in a graceful statement, free of rancour or barbs.

Last season just about everyone who enjoys football became a Leicester & Ranieri supporter & fan, & we saw the greatest story in football, bar none.

Can't recall many other similarities in football, when just about every fan in the country was rooting for one team.

He's been thrown overboard now, but we still have those great memories.

Respect to Mr Ranieri.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: February 25, 2017, 10:37:28 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: February 25, 2017, 01:42:04 PM »

Some of the coverage is confusing loyalty with sentiment imo and in big business, a winning industry, the owners can't afford to be sentimental. On balance tinkerman prob deserved to be sacked because he's in a results business where he isn't getting results. How many times do you keep putting a striker in your team who isn't scoring goals? I think the problem with tinker is he lacked a ruthless streak and the owners have substituted that with ruthlessness of their own. That's another attribute SAF had in spades, he was stone cold ruthless and often shipped out stars at the perfect time, keeping players on their toes and him in the driving seat. I remember Jaap Stam looking completely shell-shocked in the Lazio press conference.

At the end of last season he could've predicted the dead bounce this season as it's not uncommon with champions, again SAF always said winning again is always infinitely more difficult. He should've shipped out those two oil-tankers at the back, it was the optimum time to do that, re-set expectation to survival and made them hard to beat. Instead there was a kind of romanticism about him, one more year, let's stay together kinda deal. Encourage Vardy to go to Arsenal if he's scratching his head, get some centre backs approaching the peak of their powers, fresh attitude & commitment.

They talk about no loyalty in modern football but back in the day managers used to walk, but nobody walks these days cos it's too lucrative. There's too much sentiment about the sacking because tinker walks away revered and loved, a champion and £3m in his sky rocket. Anybody wants to offer me a tragic story like this I'm ready to feel that sort of pain. The owners have invested big bucks and they're teetering on the brink of huge financial losses together with the declining value of their playing assets so action was necessary. Tinker himself said he'd been too loyal to his players and this is where loyalty gets you in the modern game, it's just fantasy in a financial, results-driven world.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: February 27, 2017, 10:24:34 PM »

Could Liverpool have made this any easier for Leicester tonight? It's like they haven't watched any other team play against them this season. Klopp vastly overrated.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 ... 143 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: