blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:04:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272605 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tinker on.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 ... 143 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tinker on.  (Read 344254 times)
T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: May 08, 2017, 11:46:36 PM »

Does potentially selling Mahrez this summer not suggest/imply that he really should've been moved on last summer? His stock was at its absolute peak this time last season, you'll still get good money for him obv but he's probably lost 1/3 of his value (maybe more) at a guess? His value could only really decrease these last 12 months.

Where does he go now? Spain? PSG? Can't see any other prem clubs making a move for him.

Appreciate losing Kante and Mahrez (and nearly Vardy too) in the same window just after winning the title would've been tough to take and maybe sending out a poor message.....but business is business.

I don't think selling him was ever an option at the end of last season. Had the owners done that knowing Kante was gone already I doubt very much the way the season was going everybody would have blamed the owners full stop. Of course nobody could know that his loss of form was going to be so dramatic. If he goes for £20mill instead of £30mill I think it would be a decent risk to take considering his purchase price. He definitely doesn't appear very happy, body language, reaction to being subbed etc so now is the time to get rid and give Gray his chance.

if the snow is yellow - don't eat it!
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: May 09, 2017, 12:05:16 AM »

Does potentially selling Mahrez this summer not suggest/imply that he really should've been moved on last summer? His stock was at its absolute peak this time last season, you'll still get good money for him obv but he's probably lost 1/3 of his value (maybe more) at a guess? His value could only really decrease these last 12 months.

Where does he go now? Spain? PSG? Can't see any other prem clubs making a move for him.

Appreciate losing Kante and Mahrez (and nearly Vardy too) in the same window just after winning the title would've been tough to take and maybe sending out a poor message.....but business is business.

I don't think selling him was ever an option at the end of last season. Had the owners done that knowing Kante was gone already I doubt very much the way the season was going everybody would have blamed the owners full stop. Of course nobody could know that his loss of form was going to be so dramatic. If he goes for £20mill instead of £30mill I think it would be a decent risk to take considering his purchase price. He definitely doesn't appear very happy, body language, reaction to being subbed etc so now is the time to get rid and give Gray his chance.

Obviously hindsight is a beautiful thing but he was never gonna reach the heights he got to last season. I know you guys did flirt with relegation briefly but whilst you were never gonna retain the title, you were also highly unlikely to go down. Kinda felt like you were holding onto a valuable asset when, for various reasons, you didn't really need to?

Struggling to convey the point haha but essentially last summer, Mahrez could've gone for £35/40m? with numerous potential suitors. Fast forward to this summer and after 12 months of inevitable (albeit steeper than anticipated) decline you're probably looking at half that figure and a much more limited amount of clubs that might be interested. You'll still get good money for him and a big increase on what you paid but does it feel like a waste not to have cashed in on him last year?

If memory serves me correct I think I did pontificate about the 'merits' of selling Mahrez last summer Smiley

Best Bitter.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: May 09, 2017, 09:48:10 AM »

We were never selling Mahrez voluntarily, or Vardy. We'd just earned £100m plus from winning the league, champions league was on the horizon so we had enough to keep Mahrez and give it a go. Vardy stayed as Mrs Vardy didn't fancy London/uprooting family

Kante was always the biggest loss but once he went the imperative became handing out contracts to keep the rest of the team together and Mahrez agreed to give it one more season

He's under long term contract so the fee will still be handy, and Barca and PSG are the two names most often mentioned

Where we went wrong was not keeping these players it was recruiting so poorly last summer.  For example if we had bought Ndidi last summer not in January that huge void in central midfield would have been fixed sooner. I give Slimani a pass (injuries and seven goals when he has been selected) but none of Musa,Mendy, Hernandez etc have cut it in the PL and I gather the effect on a tight dressing room of these signings not performing was quite marked. Shakespeare has been playing as many 10 of last year's squad in starting XIs

For the summer ahead, with £70m from the CL run plus the PL prize money and any fees we earn from players leaving we need to get it right so as to press on next season.

Our form since Ranieri left is top 4, albeit over a short ten game sample.

Easy game on Saturday lunchtime too.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: May 09, 2017, 11:27:45 AM »

Looking forward to Saturday's game. Hoping you might be on the beach but I can't see it really.

This game worries me. Leicester's odds are bizzare in my opinion -  12/1 on 365. Far higher than you've been anywhere on your domestic travels this season, in a rich vein of form  and a style that is perfect for playing against City. Looks like value for Fred. I've covered the draw and already had a little bit laying City on  the exchange at 1.28 and 1.29.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/man-city-v-leicester/winner
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: May 09, 2017, 01:20:38 PM »

Looking forward to Saturday's game. Hoping you might be on the beach but I can't see it really.

This game worries me. Leicester's odds are bizzare in my opinion -  12/1 on 365. Far higher than you've been anywhere on your domestic travels this season, in a rich vein of form  and a style that is perfect for playing against City. Looks like value for Fred. I've covered the draw and already had a little bit laying City on  the exchange at 1.28 and 1.29.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/man-city-v-leicester/winner

Yikes, value pie time.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: May 09, 2017, 02:08:03 PM »

Yikes, value pie time.

Now posted on Fred Smiley
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: May 09, 2017, 05:22:15 PM »

Not confident Leicester will make any big signings for next season just think they reached the high spot when they won it, can't see them pushing for Champions League again, more likely top ten spot if they can hold onto there key players but doubt it as Kasper is likely looking for a move. Easy 3 points for Pep I hope v Leicester

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: May 09, 2017, 05:41:12 PM »

Not confident Leicester will make any big signings for next season just think they reached the high spot when they won it, can't see them pushing for Champions League again, more likely top ten spot if they can hold onto there key players but doubt it as Kasper is likely looking for a move. Easy 3 points for Pep I hope v Leicester

What do you think billionaire owners who have invested £200m in the club and are about to get another £150m+ from prize money andplayer sales are going to do?

play monopoly with it?

of course they are going to try to strengthen.

My eyes are open wide
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: May 09, 2017, 05:46:27 PM »

Who are they targeting? Not heard of anyone specific, your thoughts on a finishing place next season?

flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: May 09, 2017, 05:51:33 PM »

And I never said you wasn't going to strengthen the team but no mention of a {big Signing} maybe you think there is enough in your locker to try again?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: May 09, 2017, 05:52:21 PM »

Who are they targeting? Not heard of anyone specific, your thoughts on a finishing place next season?

Maguire and Gibson have been mentioned at centre back as we obviously need succession to Wes and Huth

Bruma from galatasary has been mentioned asthe mahrez replacement but who knows what is agent talk and what is real

Pickford in goal if Kasper goes but expect he'll go to one of the big boys, although we might be able tooffer him first chouice football

everyone is going to be spending, us included.

would love to think we'd be challenging for 7th-8th...ie win the league outside the top 6/7 as wba might do this year

My eyes are open wide
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: May 09, 2017, 05:54:41 PM »

Mahrez, Kasper are key components to Leicester and if they decide to fly the nest that will be a big loss.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: May 09, 2017, 05:56:22 PM »

Mahrez, Kasper are key components to Leicester and if they decide to fly the nest that will be a big loss.

Kasper yes, for dressing room leadership

Mahrez much less so compared to last season

there are contingencies in place,players move on from clubs our size every year and (a bit like Southampton every season) it always looks worse than it is

My eyes are open wide
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: May 09, 2017, 05:58:02 PM »

Think Pickford may have a shot at Everton, really impressed with him, Kasper produced 59 passes in the game v Watford, Pep would love that but not sure if I would come to city.

T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: May 10, 2017, 07:32:54 PM »

Think Pickford may have a shot at Everton, really impressed with him, Kasper produced 59 passes in the game v Watford, Pep would love that but not sure if I would come to city.

If De Gea goes to Real (50/50 as I think Navas is superb) then Kasper is long odds on to go to Utd. I can't see him going to City but money talks of course. He will be sorely missed if he goes

if the snow is yellow - don't eat it!
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 ... 143 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: