blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:38:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas in a Handcart and the search for Charlie Harper
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas in a Handcart and the search for Charlie Harper  (Read 40052 times)
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 12, 2016, 10:22:02 PM »

one or two 

lol thought as much
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2016, 12:22:58 AM »

Great read Dean
How many more stories could you have added from the trip??

My minds not so clear on certain parts  Roll Eyes

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2016, 02:51:56 AM »

Hi Dean, great read. Where did you stay in Santa Monica? I'm there/here at the moment. In a supposedly deece hotel but I don't think it's so great.

Ah! The element of surprise
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2016, 04:23:05 PM »

Hi Dean, great read. Where did you stay in Santa Monica? I'm there/here at the moment. In a supposedly deece hotel but I don't think it's so great.

It was the ocean view hotel
  .http://www.oceanviewsantamonica.com

. Was fairly decent... Right by the pier

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2016, 03:22:47 AM »

Having said that my original opinion has changed on my hotel. I'm staying in the Loews Beach Hotel on the other side of the peer. First impression was a grumpy front desk woman and a noisy room. Since moved rooms and was helped a lot by other less grumpy staff. Great location I think I could retire over here as long as I win the lottery Smiley

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2016, 01:11:53 PM »

one or two 

Tame trip, if it's just the one or two, lol.

Probably why I left a blog alone, along with my laptop blowing up 3 days in...

Great read, and good to catch up with yourself and Simon, albeit briefly.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2016, 06:40:39 PM »

one or two 

Well, you're back now Mark. We are all waiting for your blog Grin Grin
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2016, 09:46:35 PM »

one or two 

Well, you're back now Mark. We are all waiting for your blog Grin Grin

Haha, not until Saturday...

Had a little too much vodka to remember clearly enough to do a post trip report 😉

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2016, 05:29:08 PM »

Having said that my original opinion has changed on my hotel. I'm staying in the Loews Beach Hotel on the other side of the peer. First impression was a grumpy front desk woman and a noisy room. Since moved rooms and was helped a lot by other less grumpy staff. Great location I think I could retire over here as long as I win the lottery Smiley

Lowes looks awesome .. Couldn't get an ocean room there for my dates .. But was one of my first choices

dakky

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2016, 09:50:09 PM »

Quite a few people post on Tikay's diary that they have no idea what's going on with the Omaha hands but still enjoy the updates. Well that's me with blackjack. Haven't got a scooby why I'd want a 3-2 table instead of a 6-5 but still love reading, great wordsmithery Sir.

If your first two cards are Ace and a Ten then you have blackjack. At 3/2 $10 pays $15, and at 6/5 it only pays $12.This is massive with regards to the house edge; it increases is by around 1.3 or 1.4%

Is there no adjustment to dealer's play to counteract this? Do we get a win instead of a push when the house also has blackjack?

on a 3-2 table you can take even money if the dealer is showing an ace and you have blackjack (any true gambler never takes even money and I only ever take it when I have a substantial amount on the box ).. this is not an option offered on a 6-5 table

That's even worse; taking even money is akin to taking insurance and has a house edge of 8%ish
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2016, 10:11:24 PM »

Quite a few people post on Tikay's diary that they have no idea what's going on with the Omaha hands but still enjoy the updates. Well that's me with blackjack. Haven't got a scooby why I'd want a 3-2 table instead of a 6-5 but still love reading, great wordsmithery Sir.

If your first two cards are Ace and a Ten then you have blackjack. At 3/2 $10 pays $15, and at 6/5 it only pays $12.This is massive with regards to the house edge; it increases is by around 1.3 or 1.4%

Is there no adjustment to dealer's play to counteract this? Do we get a win instead of a push when the house also has blackjack?

on a 3-2 table you can take even money if the dealer is showing an ace and you have blackjack (any true gambler never takes even money and I only ever take it when I have a substantial amount on the box ).. this is not an option offered on a 6-5 table

That's even worse; taking even money is akin to taking insurance and has a house edge of 8%ish

I'm done with Blackjack, but it always amazed me that people take even money on a min bet.
But then these are generally the same folk who take a card on 14 vs a dealer 5 or 6, and stand on 16 vs a 10. People who don't much like money.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2016, 03:38:08 AM »

Lowes looks awesome .. Couldn't get an ocean room there for my dates .. But was one of my first choices

My room overlooks the exercise equipment on the beach. I did briefly think about using the parallel bars but soon came to my senses. After my initial wobble here I have grown to love it. A tad pricey but in the end I think we'll worth it. Will def stay here again.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: