blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:15:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread  (Read 89964 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: June 05, 2022, 12:23:44 AM »

yeah burrage would of likely been in the qualifiers if it wasnt fr her semi this week stopped her being able to play them but i am not sure when the cut off was made. normally its the night before the start of the qualifiers that the draws made not sure about the wildcards though

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 05, 2022, 08:07:53 AM »

yeah burrage would of likely been in the qualifiers if it wasnt fr her semi this week stopped her being able to play them but i am not sure when the cut off was made. normally its the night before the start of the qualifiers that the draws made not sure about the wildcards though

Wild cards were announced on Friday.  Cut off before wild cards was ranked 135, Boulter is 136 on provisional rankings.   There were only 2 wild cards available after making space for Raducanu and Sakkari, which half explains it. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 05, 2022, 06:21:26 PM »

yeah Evans and Emma  both needing wild cards late putting there names down? i Know Emma said a few weeks back she was going to play Nottingham

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 05, 2022, 06:38:41 PM »

yeah Evans and Emma  both needing wild cards late putting there names down? i Know Emma said a few weeks back she was going to play Nottingham

She said a couple of weeks ago she was starting at Edgbaston.   Think the early exit in France led to the change of plans.  And Nottingham aren't saying no, given she is going to add significantly to the box office.   Presumably Evans is similar?  Got tickets for next Saturday so all good news for me, was looking underwhelming after Ons Jabeur pulled out.  If we can get Murray and Radacanu playing, it will be a right result. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 05, 2022, 08:53:30 PM »

Norrie was down to play Stuttgart but is not in the draw now (unless i missed him)

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 06, 2022, 03:32:41 PM »

Norrie is back to 10th and unless Berritini or Hurkacz win in Stuttgart he will remain there but they are the 2 and 3 seed

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 06, 2022, 04:38:57 PM »

Norrie is back to 10th and unless Berritini or Hurkacz win in Stuttgart he will remain there but they are the 2 and 3 seed

Ooh, Raducanu gets 10th if she wins only 3 matches in Nottingham.   Unfortunately she hasn't done that since the US Open.  This is softer than the ones she has been playing, and she should be better away from clay.  Wonder if this was part of her thinking? 

Even if she gets there, I don't know if she loses the top 10 when the Wimbledon points drop out and don't have the enthusiasm to work it out.  Obviously an enormous ask to retain her ranking after the US Open.  Think she'll be doing OK if she stays in the seeds for Australia.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 06, 2022, 05:38:39 PM »

It will all depend on what happens over the next 3 weeks she loses 130 points from wimbledon but so does Muguraz

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 07, 2022, 01:31:32 PM »

It will all depend on what happens over the next 3 weeks she loses 130 points from wimbledon but so does Muguraz

Well, Raducanu has just retired in Nottingham.  Pulled something when 2-1 up in the first.   She has the physio on three times.  She is running out of time to put points on, as she was only a out 70 in the race last time I looked.

Kartal went out earlier too.  Seemed a tough ask facing the World number 23 on WTA debut, she only did as well as she did as her opponent seemed out of sorts and kept making unforced errors.

Given Murray went to Stuttgart instead, we won't be seeing him on Saturday.    Come on Evans, Boulter and the rest.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 07, 2022, 03:06:10 PM »

LOL i was wondering why you had mentioned Murray yeah Norrie him and Draper were all in the Stuttgart draw i first saw Norrie and Draper (back in top 100 without playing) both look like they pulled out

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 10, 2022, 04:19:06 PM »

Murray looking great today vs Tsitsipas! Was probably going to be at the tourney in Stuttgart but instead I am isolating with Covid Sad

At least I feel fine and I can watch the streams. Will be really interesting if he plays Nick K tomorrow.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 10, 2022, 08:07:44 PM »

Murray looking great today vs Tsitsipas! Was probably going to be at the tourney in Stuttgart but instead I am isolating with Covid Sad

At least I feel fine and I can watch the streams. Will be really interesting if he plays Nick K tomorrow.

what stream were you watching? tomorrows match should be good. A Murray win puts him back inside the top 50

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 11, 2022, 01:07:58 PM »

what stream were you watching? tomorrows match should be good. A Murray win puts him back inside the top 50

It is on bet365 and some other bookies. Sky, betfair, Paddy? No commentary though.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 11, 2022, 01:12:58 PM »

It is on bet365 and some other bookies. Sky, betfair, Paddy? No commentary though.

no worries screen is too small to watch bit of a pain

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 11, 2022, 04:17:40 PM »

A win tomorrow and back into the top 40 for Andy

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: