blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:41:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 353728 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: April 06, 2020, 08:18:23 PM »

Boris Johnson in intensive care.

Where u got that from? Can’t see online anywhere....

Ignore.....seen it now.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1231 on: April 06, 2020, 08:27:57 PM »

This has got really serious now - we knew from the shenanigans at the press conference earlier that we weren't being told all the facts and now we know why. People who are in intensive care don't just go back to work after a couple of days right as rain.

Someone (presumably Dominic Raab) needs to be formally named as an Acting PM, someone who with whom the buck stops with regards to decisions being made - now is not the time for a power vacuum.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: April 06, 2020, 08:33:36 PM »

Raab and whatsherface both seemed nervous to me. Raab should be used to this sort of thing by now you'd have thought.

Tonight was garbage. Not the same without Hancock in charge.

Peston should be banned imo and Laura should be shuffled down the order occasionally. We're all having enough Groundhog Day without this being like the Q&A equivalent of Last Of The Summer Wine.

I read that only 14% of CV victims who go on to a ventilator make it out the other end. Scarily bad number if so.

I don't think that's right.   I saw that number and think it was an at the time number.   Others were still in intensive care and alive at the time.   Think it will be more like 50/50 in the end. 

Seriously bad for Boris, having watched it first hand last year, it is amazing what they can do.

Good luck Boris.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: April 06, 2020, 08:47:42 PM »

dominic rabb now in charge

on a lighter note how many peoples RSQ answers have been fcked up

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: April 06, 2020, 09:04:28 PM »

Hearing that news it’s now pretty clear that I’ve been way more relaxed than I should have been about this whole situation, I’m certainly not going to be now!

Let’s hope they are just being super cautious with him because he’s PM. Best wishes to him.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: April 06, 2020, 09:09:44 PM »

Wow, the pricks are turning up on Facebook already, unbelievable to be honest.......  talktothehand
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: April 06, 2020, 09:31:33 PM »

Raab and whatsherface both seemed nervous to me. Raab should be used to this sort of thing by now you'd have thought.

Peston should be banned imo and Laura should be shuffled down the order occasionally. We're all having enough Groundhog Day without this being like the Q&A equivalent of Last Of The Summer Wine.

I read that only 14% of CV victims who go on to a ventilator make it out the other end. Scarily bad number if so.

I don't think that's right.   I saw that number and think it was an at the time number.   Others were still in intensive care and alive at the time.   Think it will be more like 50/50 in the end. 

Seriously bad for Boris, having watched it first hand last year, it is amazing what they can do.

Good luck Boris.

This provides a bunch of analysis.
https://www.icnarc.org/DataServices/Attachments/Download/76a7364b-4b76-ea11-9124-00505601089b

The main points seem to be, if you need to go to ICU really quickly - your chances aren't good.
If you need advanced respiratory help (I guess a ventilator which is doing all your breathing for you) - your chances aren't good

If it's a while before you get sent to ICU - your chances are okay.
If you only need basic respiratory help - your chances are pretty good.

Overall the odds do look like 50:50 but all of it comes with the proviso that most of the people who have been sent to ICU aren't dead or recovered, they're still in ICU.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: April 07, 2020, 09:13:49 AM »

Here’s a clear answer to kukushkin’s conspiracy theory (and confirmation of Jon MW’s proposition) on the slow reporting of deaths:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52167016

Admittedly, it’s taken several weeks too long for this information to be confirmed.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: April 07, 2020, 09:15:46 AM »

Good luck Boris.

I had a reply to this with a link to a study but the thread pruning last night chopped it off - maybe the moderators could put back the non-controversial posts that were pruned(?)

2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: April 07, 2020, 09:25:46 AM »

Here’s a clear answer to kukushkin’s conspiracy theory (and confirmation of Jon MW’s proposition) on the slow reporting of deaths:

Admittedly, it’s taken several weeks too long for this information to be confirmed.

It’s a bit soon to be calling it as that clear cut. Why aren’t the extra 300 included in the numbers yet? Why are we seemingly finding it so difficult to keep a tally compared to all the other nations with an equivalently large outbreak? (decimation of PHE and Local Authorities a factor I guess).

The tinfoil hat has been off for weeks on this but our poor capacity to maintain decent records has definitely been favourable for a government accused of being inexplicably slow to act.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: April 07, 2020, 09:30:23 AM »

Good luck Boris.

I had a reply to this with a link to a study but the thread pruning last night chopped it off - maybe the moderators could put back the non-controversial posts that were pruned(?)

It was definitely a helpful table. The concerning thing was the average number of days in each column (survived/didn’t). Averaging 4 days for survivors, 5 for fatalities. Most people currently on intubation in the U.K. are very much in dangerous territory. Assuming the figures are maintained accurately.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: April 07, 2020, 09:38:31 AM »

Good luck Boris.

It was definitely a helpful table. The concerning thing was the average number of days in each column (survived/didn’t). Averaging 4 days for survivors, 5 for fatalities. Most people currently on intubation in the U.K. are very much in dangerous territory. Assuming the figures are maintained accurately.

Cuomo was saying the data from NYC indicated that if you get to day 7, you really are in trouble. I don’t think their data is publicly available.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: April 07, 2020, 09:44:05 AM »

It’s a bit soon to be calling it as that clear cut. Why aren’t the extra 300 included in the numbers yet? Why are we seemingly finding it so difficult to keep a tally compared to all the other nations with an equivalently large outbreak? (decimation of PHE and Local Authorities a factor I guess).

The tinfoil hat has been off for weeks on this but our poor capacity to maintain decent records has definitely been favourable for a government accused of being inexplicably slow to act.

What makes you think other countries are doing better?

I mentioned before part of the problem is that we know so much more about the UK's situation. Part of that is it is much more readily available because we're in the UK, part of it is transparency - we are just being given more information than some other countries.

But without the detail how do you know that a countries figures are accurate and don't have a lag? How do you know if their figures are only hospital deaths or all deaths? (for example)

2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: April 07, 2020, 09:49:46 AM »

Pretty much every other country will be the same.  

Even large organisations that have honed their management info reporting over the years take days rather than minutes.  I imagine several people will see it before it leaves the hospital
  Then you might have to go through a combined trust and then someone will have to collate, others check, somone writes the report, someone checks. someone approved etc.  A lot of these people won't work weekends, they might have something more important to do first and so on.  Ones outside hospital are bound to be slower, as reporting covid deaths won't be high on their prorities.

There is no conspiracy.  Just know there is a lag, and adjust.

I wouldn't be surprised if it even takes a couple of days in Singapore and they are producing very accurate details of covid cases, locations etc.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: April 07, 2020, 09:53:34 AM »

Just saying other nations aren't having a problem doesn't mean they don't have problems. Sure that, in country, they have tinfoilers too

Edit, objection, repetition.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 09:55:14 AM by nirvana » Logged

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: