blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:37:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 224 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 353716 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3285 on: October 31, 2020, 07:34:40 PM »

Utter bellends. Why does it not start till Thursday!

I have uttered it and I still don't know.

The older I get, the better I was.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: October 31, 2020, 07:36:52 PM »

I have uttered it and I still don't know.

cause of the need to get it through the house of commons

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: October 31, 2020, 07:45:43 PM »

They have to debate it in the commons Stuart and plus we need enough time to stock up on toilet roll ...

"Look! There's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up" ... Dr. Emmett Brown

https://twitter.com/#!/Steven_Sethi
https://www.instagram.com/stevensethi/?hl=en
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: November 01, 2020, 10:15:41 AM »

They have to debate it in the commons Stuart and plus we need enough time to stock up on toilet roll ...

Works for us....gives us time to  operate “ normally “ for a few days whilst sorting out staff/ clients/ going online for a month.

For restaurants/caterers etc , also gives them time to use up what’s in the kitchen!
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: November 01, 2020, 11:41:04 AM »

The UK approach during this crisis has been poor, early forgivable chaos has been replaced by clarity. Well clarity in the sense that it's clear we don't have a farkin clue about how to live with this virus in a way that seems to meet the needs to be morally, politically and economically sustainable.

Whilst the situation here is poor, it's broadly the same as the rest of Europe, the Americas, Africa. Lockdown reduces infection, open up a bit and cases rise because no country ( a handful of exceptions in Asia and the backwaters of Australia/NZ) has found a way to more or less eradicate the disease to the point where Track and Trace actually works

Surely it's time for a country to actually try something different. Pretty remarkable that there doesn't seem to be a single smart idea and somewhat incredible that there's been virtually no effort to co-ordinate a response on a supra-national scale (except perhaps in the pursuit of a vaccine). I think this will be looked back on as a reasonable test of supra national orgs like the EU, probs gonna get a fail.

sola virtus nobilitat
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: November 01, 2020, 12:32:45 PM »

s

Surely it's time for a country to actually try something different..

Sweden tried something different and there deaths rate per 100k is 10x the number of there nearest neighbours. and the scientists there now saying they got it wrong and pushing for a lockdown

think covid has everyone on back foot unless you can isolate all movement (like you pointed out NZ and AUS)

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: November 01, 2020, 02:39:47 PM »

The UK approach during this crisis has been poor, early forgivable chaos has been replaced by clarity. Well clarity in the sense that it's clear we don't have a farkin clue about how to live with this virus in a way that seems to meet the needs to be morally, politically and economically sustainable.

Whilst the situation here is poor, it's broadly the same as the rest of Europe, the Americas, Africa. Lockdown reduces infection, open up a bit and cases rise because no country ( a handful of exceptions in Asia and the backwaters of Australia/NZ) has found a way to more or less eradicate the disease to the point where Track and Trace actually works

Surely it's time for a country to actually try something different. Pretty remarkable that there doesn't seem to be a single smart idea and somewhat incredible that there's been virtually no effort to co-ordinate a response on a supra-national scale (except perhaps in the pursuit of a vaccine). I think this will be looked back on as a reasonable test of supra national orgs like the EU, probs gonna get a fail.

You not been reading Sicilian's posts?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: November 01, 2020, 02:50:42 PM »

Or has been Grin

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: November 01, 2020, 03:54:11 PM »

s

Sweden tried something different and there deaths rate per 100k is 10x the number of there nearest neighbours. and the scientists there now saying they got it wrong and pushing for a lockdown

think covid has everyone on back foot unless you can isolate all movement (like you pointed out NZ and AUS)

TBF, I don't think Sweden tried something very different from most of the ROW, they made a superior effort at treating people like grown ups but the essence was the same as (nearly) everyone else keep your distance, ban large gatherings, work from home if you can.

The net result of them treating people like grown ups is their fatality ratios, deaths per m is better than some and worse than others. The only thing they might prove in the long run is that more legally enforceable restrictions make no fundamental difference to the long term outcome.

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: November 01, 2020, 03:55:19 PM »

Haha, Deano knows, go gym and you're invincible

sola virtus nobilitat
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: November 01, 2020, 09:08:24 PM »

s

TBF, I don't think Sweden tried something very different from most of the ROW, they made a superior effort at treating people like grown ups but the essence was the same as (nearly) everyone else keep your distance, ban large gatherings, work from home if you can.

The net result of them treating people like grown ups is their fatality ratios, deaths per m is better than some and worse than others. The only thing they might prove in the long run is that more legally enforceable restrictions make no fundamental difference to the long term outcome.

Sweden have constitutional difficulties in forcing things like lockdown. They could have forced it through but it's actually a big deal in Sweden compared to the US where it was just the lunatic fringe who made a big deal over enforced restrictions.

Worth bearing in mind as well when thinking about comparisons with the UK - the UK is about half the physical size of Sweden with about 6 times the population; so however badly Sweden was hit using their approach, it would have been much worse if the UK had followed suit.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: November 01, 2020, 09:49:29 PM »

Speaking from a selfish point-of-view, how come I'm allowed to go and get a haircut indoors with a total stranger but cannot play golf outdoors?

They seem to be making it up on the hoof.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: November 01, 2020, 09:52:13 PM »

Speaking from a selfish point-of-view, how come I'm allowed to go and get a haircut indoors with a total stranger but cannot play golf outdoors?

Are you?

That's good news, I thought barbers were all being closed when it comes into effect.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: November 01, 2020, 10:23:14 PM »

Are you?

That's good news, I thought barbers were all being closed when it comes into effect.

Haircuts are okay but manicures, like golf are not.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: November 01, 2020, 10:57:50 PM »

Are you?

Haircuts are okay but manicures, like golf are not.

Are they classified as essential then?

Everything I've read points to them closing until next month, too.

Pages: 1 ... 216 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 224 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: