blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 12:39:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272630 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177918 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: February 04, 2011, 04:48:41 PM »

if they didn't have the windows in the envelopes then there would be extra expense/manpower in getting the addresses printed on the front of the envelope as well as the letter/bill, innit.

Meh - made sense in me own head.  Now ya've gone and thrown a monkey wrench into the works.  I'll get back to ya.

one other thing to add in the mix.  how many letters/bills do you reckon would end up in the wrong envelopes?

Yer really trying to get on my bad side today, aren't ya?

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: February 04, 2011, 05:11:32 PM »

if they didn't have the windows in the envelopes then there would be extra expense/manpower in getting the addresses printed on the front of the envelope as well as the letter/bill, innit.

Meh - made sense in me own head.  Now ya've gone and thrown a monkey wrench into the works.  I'll get back to ya.

one other thing to add in the mix.  how many letters/bills do you reckon would end up in the wrong envelopes?

Yer really trying to get on my bad side today, aren't ya?

oops.  no.  i agree, complete waste of time and money those little windows Wink

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: February 04, 2011, 05:18:47 PM »

What's your view on personalised numberplates, travelling first class, Camels and Sofas?

thanks

As for personalised number plates - you've seen the car I drive.  Do you honestly think I'd ever be bothered with a personalised plate?!  lol  In fact, even if I won the lotto I wouldn't bother with a fancy new car.  I'd upgrade...sure.  But only because my car is 9 years old.  Certainly wouldn't be some flashed up luxury car though.  So either way, I won't be needing a special plate for it.

That said, no skin off my back if other people like them and want to spend their money on them.  In fact, I'd be more in favour of people spending their extra dosh on the plate than I am about first class travel.  At least you have something to show for the money spent when all is said and done.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: February 04, 2011, 05:20:43 PM »

i have a personalised number plate - came free with my car.  £700 job lot.  bish, bash, bosh.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: February 04, 2011, 05:36:18 PM »

Camels seem cool.  Hopefully some day I'll get to meet one.  Do they spit though?  Or is it some other animal does that?  Might be confusing them with Llamas I think.  Still...they can go without drink for AGES!  Gotta respect that imo.

Sofas are a tricky subject.  Everyone has their own opinion of the ideal sofa.  Well, dunno about 'everyone'... but as most people are forced to look at their sofa for a goodly few years, they tend to care about it upon initial purchase. 

I spent (no word of a lie) five YEARS looking for the current sofa.  There were plenty along the way that were grand, but I had an idea in me head that I couldn't shake and none of the other sofas matched up.  Mine is nearly two years old now and I love it as much as I did the day I bought it. 

Some would say mine is the same as all the others, but it's not.  It has well cool unique qualities that maybe only a few can spot.  Feck the doubters imo.  That's the thing about sofas.  Not everyone has the same taste...but when ya find one ya like - there's nothing better.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: February 04, 2011, 05:37:15 PM »

i have a personalised number plate - came free with my car.  £700 job lot.  bish, bash, bosh.

Result!

I'm actually quite picky with my money.  God help me if I ever did win the lotto.  I'd be old and grey before I ever found the ideal hot tub.  Ah well.....

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: February 04, 2011, 07:39:27 PM »

camels supposedly spit though I've never actually seen one do it. one of ours did run away while we were camped in the middle of the sahara though, thank god the nomad dude managed to find it

maybe they could just have holes instead of windows in envelopes. that'd be cheaper and I'm sure they don't need to be waterproof really

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1102 on: February 04, 2011, 08:59:13 PM »

camels supposedly spit though I've never actually seen one do it. one of ours did run away while we were camped in the middle of the sahara though, thank god the nomad dude managed to find it

maybe they could just have holes instead of windows in envelopes. that'd be cheaper and I'm sure they don't need to be waterproof really
I thought it was only Llamas that spat so did a quick google

this is about Camels
Copied from http://www.sandiegozoo.org/animalbytes/t-camel.html

They aren’t actually spitting—it’s more like throwing up! They bring up the contents of their stomachs, along with saliva, and project it out. This is meant to surprise, distract, or bother whatever the camel feels is threatening i

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: February 05, 2011, 05:26:15 AM »

The way things have gone around here lately...this new information doesn't surprise me.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: February 05, 2011, 06:44:35 AM »

So tonight it was brought to my attention the diary wasn't just being read by people who gave a shit.  Sure...I expect a few merchants in England to be keeping an eye, but never thought Ireland would have issues and be looking for trouble.  Turns out they are.  That's grand...no hassle.  Brace yerself Bridget because all hell is about to break loose.  And I don't imagine I'll be coming out on the losing end.  Just sayin'...

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1105 on: February 05, 2011, 07:21:36 AM »

them's fightin words, what up homeslice?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: February 05, 2011, 07:25:23 AM »

them's fightin words, what up homeslice?

Get back to ya in an hour or three.  On me way to the in-laws.  Done being the good quiet girl.  Should be interesting if nothing else.     Wink

On the plus side...my hair looks cute.     Sigh.  The little things in life that keep me happy.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1107 on: February 05, 2011, 07:30:39 AM »

Wooohoo, interesting diary updates coming up.

Excellent..just make sure you don't get arrested.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: February 05, 2011, 07:35:04 AM »

Wooohoo, interesting diary updates coming up.

Excellent..just make sure you don't get arrested.

Never gonna happen.  Overalls don't suit me...no matter what colour they are.   Wink

And for the record...they can be pretty fecking ugly from what I've seen on the telly.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1109 on: February 05, 2011, 07:42:23 AM »

You're right..definitely not a good look

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: