blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:17:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 ... 184 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2  (Read 370219 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #2415 on: May 27, 2013, 02:14:48 PM »

Ignore the haters mate, it's what happens when you heater Smiley

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2416 on: May 27, 2013, 04:14:54 PM »

Sean. I don't know you much, but what bit I know, I like.

Congratulations to you both.

The older I get, the better I was.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2417 on: May 27, 2013, 04:40:34 PM »

Bloody hell, I'm away for a few days and I miss everything.

Congratulations to both of you.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: May 29, 2013, 05:57:38 PM »

Thanks Tom, thanks Boshi. Cheesy

Married life not all doom and gloom so far. This is what breakfast looks like when you marry a Canadian girl

Click to see full-size image.

We were supposed to go to a spa for our "honeymoon." We didn't fancy anything big because we like to dream small, plus between us we don't really have enough for a holiday or anything fancy, plus massages are the absolute nuts anyway. In true Belton style, a few days after we booked the treatments there was a fire in the hotel and the whole spa was either burned down or smoke damaged. We decided upon an even less fancy honeymoon adventure; Alton Towers!

We're waiting for the photos of the event back from my best friend and consequently best man and witness, Andy Creasey. He's recently rekindled his love for photography, and spent a chunk of his net wealth on some professional equipment and was nice enough to do the wedding photos for free. Here's one I got back of me looking about as happy as I'm capable of:

As far as poker goes, well I completely undid my big win the other night with a big lose. In fact, I think it was the biggest losing session in my record books. What's important though was that the car ride home wasn't indicative of my all time biggest losing session, and my poker hangover the next morning wasn't indicative of my all time biggest losing session. When I look back on the session, I wasn't doing stuff because I was tilting, I just happened to have the wrong part of my range at the wrong time. I had some really easy barreling scenarios where the nut worst river would land a bunch, etc. I'm not bothered though, maybe tonight will be a session where I have some really easy barreling scenarios and I river gin everytime. Maybe I'll have a night where all I do is fold 84o every hand. Maybe I'll have another potentially morale and bankroll crushing session and my willpower will be truly pushed to the limits. Who knows, the point is I'm excited to find out.

But not before I eat my body weight in chicken. My personal trainer is a relentless demon and I can barely move my arms.
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: May 29, 2013, 06:05:18 PM »

chicken chicken chicken chicken Adam Picken chicken chicken chicken chicken

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: May 29, 2013, 06:27:31 PM »

In for belton bingo

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2421 on: May 29, 2013, 06:39:35 PM »

Creasey isn't a photographer, he's a magician - he got a photo of the Belton smiling!

Smiley

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: May 29, 2013, 06:46:21 PM »

In for belton bingo

You taking the under, right? Cheesy
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: May 29, 2013, 07:03:36 PM »

Matt Harris opened utg to £6, I isolate to £22 with , Ian G 4bets from the small blind to £61 playing a little less than £400. Matt folds and I call.

Flop is

Ian checks, I bet £87 expecting a lot of folds from hands that he checks on this flop. Ian waits a while before shoving for another £240.

I'm getting 5/2, occasionally I'll show up with the best hand, I figure I can hit an 8 obviously, I can ping a 9 and be good sometimes, ping an ace and be good sometimes and I have a backdoor flush draw.

So I call. Ian shows top set. Whoops. Turn was the and the river bricks.

Not my favourite hand of all time, but it was a fun one to win.

Peel a 4-bettor from the sb after you 3b a UTG open, bet-call 67Tr and expect to ever be good or a 9 to ever give you the best hand either? I think you have 7 outs most of the time, 4 some of the time, but <2% of the time you are ahead or the 9 is good if you hit it. It's not like i'd ever expect Ian to have KQs (never does this post) or J9s (doesn't cold 4bet)... i don't really know what you think he's rofling about with that much you're ever getting close to this being a call. Pretty good flop to check back too, there are a decent amount of turns that are good for your hand.... then again it's not like villain in the hand likes to c/r much I guess....... OH WAIT  Tongue

p.s. congrats on the engagementy thingy Smiley

Clearly even by 'my' standards this is pretty tez.
Agree with Thigh here...

Just no idea what's going on.

But away from that, its one hand and we've all made mistakes in poker.

I'm more interested in the marriage!

Firstly, congratulations, you both look great in the photos! I'm a bit of an amateur photographer but not sure I'd have the balls to photograph my friends wedding....

All the best for the future, I know its a big decision for anyone and some seem to make it look easy and others make it harder than it needs to be.

Poker won't make it easy and hopefully variance will be kind in the game and in life.  Reading your diary, it feels and reads so much more positive and professional than it did just a short time ago, you've got a great group around you and hopefully that will also help.

Looking forward to the rest of the year..... keep it up! Smiley

paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: May 29, 2013, 07:05:59 PM »

Ace hi hand >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> jack hand

Just me
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: May 29, 2013, 07:17:24 PM »

Ace hi hand >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> jack hand

I got my money in ahead brahhhh...

ranges.....

tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: May 29, 2013, 07:21:23 PM »

Chin up bro. Much love.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: May 29, 2013, 07:21:56 PM »

Clearly even by 'my' standards this is pretty tez.

No it's not on your level yet.

He made an equity mistake of probably £30/40 by calling off here. Maybe he fancied a gamble.

I've called a £100 limp/jam with JTs because I wanted to punish villain for limp/raising. Back in the day mind, but still.

You're on a whole other level...

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: May 30, 2013, 12:30:18 PM »

I've called a £100 limp/jam with JTs because I wanted to punish villain for limp/raising. Back in the day mind, but still.

Limp raising makes me cry.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: May 31, 2013, 05:59:01 PM »

I followed up my biggest ever losing day with another pretty big one. It was a day that was very reminiscent of what I'm now dubbing "AQ day." (For those that need perspective, that was the day right after the last deepstack I played, where I got AQ aipf four times with villain drawing to 3 outs each time and lost every time. The same day I lost KQ < KQ and lost my shit when this weirdo got allin with KJ on 9 8 4 for loads and held.) So this day was no different; we were 3 outed four times and went broke with tptk when admittedly I probably didn't need to, but you know when you don't flop a pair for 7 hours you go crazy Wink Shortly after that, the Honeybadger Stu Barnett successfully bumhunted me onto the 2/2 DC where I lost 3 allins in 3 pots haha.

I don't feel bad about it though. Money is tighter than it's been for a while, I've been stuck in a bit of a downswing for as long as I can remember, and I was sick twice today at the gym during an intense leg exercise; but the only thing that's actually truly annoyed me over the course of the last couple of weeks/months was that I didn't check back the A9 against Ian Gascoigne, but I won that pot anyway so the feeling didn't last long Cheesy

Going to get some chicken with the tight4better in a minute and get a game started nice and early.

On my to-do list tonight:

- Win a pot with AQ
 - Bluff Nik Flanagan with a £156 bet
 - Lose or win a pot that's big enough to make the diary
 - Tell a joke that doesn't go down like a sack of bricks
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 ... 184 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: