blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:26:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Saints and Sinners Southampton FC
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Saints and Sinners Southampton FC  (Read 143855 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: November 25, 2019, 11:20:26 PM »

Liverpool    H
Brighton     A
Manchester United    H
Sheff U       A
Bournemouth    H
Spurs         A
Chelsea      H
Wolves       A
Leicester     H
City             A
Everton       H
Aresenal     A

now thats what i call a fixture list to get a manager the sack

Even we were bottom at Chstimas, he wouldn't get the sack.

Everyone recognises what a top class coach he is. It's a miracle we actually got him to the club.

He has also now taken complete control of everything (much in the same way that Koeman was given complete free reign at the time). I.e. he chose a new team bus, has had the dressing rooms re-designed etc. Complete belief in his ethos to keep him at the club as long as possible.

yeah no way he is getting the sack but with a fixture list like that it makes it hard

i am tempted to bet on us to go down and lay it off at the beginning of december

now the fixture list improves but it a case of which team turns up for the next 6 weeks or so we could be adrift at bottom of league if the Leicester team turn up again
or top half of table if the team that played for the first 95 minutes against Arsenal turn up

can get 10-1 for us to finish top 10 now i am tempted to throw a fiver at it

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: January 01, 2020, 09:30:40 PM »

10-1 into 3-1 for top ten finish now, 4  more wins should see us safe from relegation would like to see us put out a strong team for the cup now

Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: January 02, 2020, 11:14:24 AM »

What a brilliant Christmas period that was.

I don't remember seeing a player as confident as Danny Ings is at the moment. His goals are great but his link up play is excellent, the best striker we have had at St Mary's since Lambert & Pelle.

Hassenhuttl is doing wonders and reminds me of Poch a lot. Will surely go on to great things one day.

I think we are still in a relegation battle. The next 4-5 games are really important and the squad still has some big gaps. Feeling far more positive though, the atmosphere at home games is good again and we are a fun team to watch.
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: January 11, 2020, 05:07:33 PM »

Went toe to toe with one of the best teams in the league and got the deserved win.

What a transformation.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: January 11, 2020, 05:53:27 PM »

you still think we are in a relegation battle Mark?

i am confident we can make the top 10 and should be putting out a full team for the cup

Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: January 12, 2020, 12:06:13 PM »

i am confident we can make the top 10 and should be putting out a full team for the cup

Yea I didn't see that one coming. We have played very well but that was next level. Pressing them right to the last minute, confidence and quality from front to back. It's not that long ago that I couldn't picture 3 worse teams, things change so quickly.

Leicester playing the 9 goals with commentary in the warm up looks pretty stupid with hindsight.

I got to meet Ralph at a fan forum in the week. What a guy.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: January 12, 2020, 03:31:06 PM »

Yea I didn't see that one coming. We have played very well but that was next level. Pressing them right to the last minute, confidence and quality from front to back. It's not that long ago that I couldn't picture 3 worse teams, things change so quickly.

Leicester playing the 9 goals with commentary in the warm up looks pretty stupid with hindsight.

I got to meet Ralph at a fan forum in the week. What a guy.

after the villa game i posted in a Southampton group

We're going to win the league,

we're going to win the league

I know you wont believe me

we're going to win the league

Merry christmas everyone

and every match since i have been reposting it with a changed 5th line

i am getting superstitious now i am going to have to keep doing it till we lose

hoping i am still reposting it in august

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: July 05, 2020, 07:18:02 PM »

too late for my Che Adams EPL top scorer bet?

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: July 21, 2020, 07:56:07 PM »

Hojbjerg says he wants to leave the saints to pursue the ECL, has now reportedly agreed personal terms with the European heavyweights Everton

well £25 million for a player with a year left on contract is good business in my books

Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: July 21, 2020, 10:28:12 PM »

Hojbjerg says he wants to leave the saints to pursue the ECL, has now reportedly agreed personal terms with the European heavyweights Everton

well £25 million for a player with a year left on contract is good business in my books

Yes, a good deal for all parties although my suspicion is that Tottenham will have a say in the deal. They were interested in January and, given his ambition, I suspect that is the club he would prefer to join.

Think this one still has some legs - good for Saints that there are multiple interested parties.

What an amazing season. Guess the priorities for the summer will be getting a Walker-Peters deal done, getting another centre back and a replacement for Hojberg. This team looks well capable of being a solid top half team for the next few years. Lots of great young talent - Obafemi, Adams, Djenepo, Bednarek and some peak age players - Ings, Redmond, JWP, Armstrong etc. Fairly confident in saying Hasenhuttl is the best manager I have seen at Saints in my lifetime. An amazing coach.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: July 21, 2020, 10:51:21 PM »

Yes, a good deal for all parties although my suspicion is that Tottenham will have a say in the deal. They were interested in January and, given his ambition, I suspect that is the club he would prefer to join.

Think this one still has some legs - good for Saints that there are multiple interested parties.

What an amazing season. Guess the priorities for the summer will be getting a Walker-Peters deal done, getting another centre back and a replacement for Hojberg. This team looks well capable of being a solid top half team for the next few years. Lots of great young talent - Obafemi, Adams, Djenepo, Bednarek and some peak age players - Ings, Redmond, JWP, Armstrong etc. Fairly confident in saying Hasenhuttl is the best manager I have seen at Saints in my lifetime. An amazing coach.
great turnaround after the Leicester game, this season we were always going to start badly finish well due to the way the fixture went so nearly got my gamble of top half finish past the post

looking forward to next season

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: July 26, 2020, 05:31:01 PM »

20 minutes to go of the season come on adams save my top scorer each way bet

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 26, 2020, 10:03:41 PM »

fecking commentators are doing my nut in. if its not 9-0 there talking about its our ex players, where was Holberg after lockdown when we had our best form last season thats right NoWhere thats where. Sitting in the bench hoping to get a move to spurs. 

Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: November 02, 2020, 02:06:40 PM »

2 defeats in last 14 prem games. One of the best tactical managers in the division and an exciting young squad. Win on Friday night and we go top of the league!
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: November 06, 2020, 08:14:14 PM »

just incase the season goes pearshaped

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: