blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:50:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  UK General Election 2015
Poll
Question: I will be voting for the following in the General election  (Voting closed: May 10, 2015, 02:10:42 PM)
Conservative - 41 (40.6%)
Labour - 20 (19.8%)
Liberal Democrat - 6 (5.9%)
SNP - 9 (8.9%)
UKIP - 3 (3%)
Green - 7 (6.9%)
Other - 3 (3%)
I will not be voting - 12 (11.9%)
Total Voters: 100

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 ... 155 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK General Election 2015  (Read 252596 times)
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #1275 on: May 06, 2015, 12:40:06 PM »

from the May2015 polling published yesterday

er, some people are in for a shock. 20% of people think 50% = less than 20 seats in Scotland!

Q. if SNP win 50% of Scot vote, how many seats will they win?

All of them?
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: May 06, 2015, 12:48:34 PM »

Reading the economist leader on why they are backing the coalition (hard to bear after I spent ages finding a copy in this bloody country) and managed to pour boiling hot coffee all over my arm.

I now hate this election.
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: May 06, 2015, 01:08:13 PM »

On the illegitimacy of a Labour led coalition.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2015/05/owen-jones-if-tories-get-more-seats-labour-get-ready-very-british-coup

Get ready for the 'monster of all campaigns'
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: May 06, 2015, 01:59:11 PM »

There is a great piece by John major in today's telegraph which I would ask any hard working labour voter with aspirations to better themselves and their family to read and tell me how you can vote labour?
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: May 06, 2015, 02:01:01 PM »

Not a fan of  Major this election - every time I've read his stuff he trotts out "Labour trash economy, Tories fix it".

It's far too simplistic, and over rates Tory economic performance.
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: May 06, 2015, 02:12:53 PM »

There is a great piece by John major in today's telegraph which I would ask any hard working labour voter with aspirations to better themselves and their family to read and tell me how you can vote labour?

yeah, the only people who want to work hard and better themselves are Tory voters.

and the people who are well off got there by hard work and moxy alone. absolutely tiresome bollocks.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: May 06, 2015, 02:18:30 PM »

yeah, the only people who want to work hard and better themselves are Tory voters.

and the people who are well off got there by hard work and moxy alone. absolutely tiresome bollocks.

Not tiresome at all, most of the wealthy people I know got there by hard word and a willingness to take a risk. It's such shite to suggest otherwise for the most part. I think a lot of it is just jealously from people who either don't have a big enough pair of bollocks to go out their and change their life and simply let their life go by without making a real effort to change things if they aren't happy with their lot.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: May 06, 2015, 02:21:04 PM »

Not tiresome at all, most of the wealthy people I know got there by hard word and a willingness to take a risk. It's such shite to suggest otherwise for the most part. I think a lot of it is just jealously from people who either don't have a big enough pair of bollocks to go out their and change their life and simply let their life go by without making a real effort to change things if they aren't happy with their lot.

This
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1283 on: May 06, 2015, 02:21:24 PM »

why would anyone pay any attention to the Telegraph? This is a paper that because their owners were in a property dispute with people from Qatar ran negative stories for weeks in the Sunday Telegraph about Qatar. Not to say there isn't a great deal to report on the Qatar governments behavior but this was borne out of nothing but self interest. Not to mention the ignoring of the story of HSBC helping clients to avoid paying tax as they were desperate to regain the advertising revenue.

It is certainly a paper that represents people wanting to better themselves just not the hard working ones you refer to.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1284 on: May 06, 2015, 02:24:02 PM »

Of course, the implication in your post is that those who are not wealthy don't work hard. And plenty of wealthy people got there by luck - right place at the right time. Other people who made the same life decisions and worked just as hard didn't get lucky.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: May 06, 2015, 02:24:32 PM »

why would anyone pay any attention to the Telegraph? This is a paper that because their owners were in a property dispute with people from Qatar ran negative stories for weeks in the Sunday Telegraph about Qatar. Not to say there isn't a great deal to report on the Qatar governments behavior but this was borne out of nothing but self interest. Not to mention the ignoring of the story of HSBC helping clients to avoid paying tax as they were desperate to regain the advertising revenue.

It is certainly a paper that represents people wanting to better themselves just not the hard working ones you refer to.

The views were of John major not the telegraph.  I appreciate they might be one and the same but I find it impossible how anyone from any social background who wAnts to better themselves through hard work can disagree with what he says.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: May 06, 2015, 02:28:23 PM »

Of course, the implication in your post is that those who are not wealthy don't work hard. And plenty of wealthy people got there by luck - right place at the right time. Other people who made the same life decisions and worked just as hard didn't get lucky.

No it's not at all, don't put words in my mouth. Willingness to take a risk is a big factor too. You can work hard in a min wage job, but if you don't make the effort to move up the ladder or change your life somehow to improve yourself to make your earning capacity better you will always work min wage.

Yes some people get lucky, but they are the sort of people that if they didn't get lucky the first time, they would the 2nd, or 3rd or 4th time. Some people don't even make the effort to get lucky.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: May 06, 2015, 02:31:27 PM »

This is such bollocks,  the harder you work the luckier you get. It is typical leftie excuses and blame culture which this country is full of.  Loads of people were in the right place at the right time fifteen years ago to crush the online gambling world.  The ones who took the biggest calculated risks and worked the hardest got the rewards the ones who weren't smart enough and didn't put the hours in failed.  It is virtually always that simple with very few exceptions. The exceptions are usually lefties who always want to blame others for their failure not their own lack of skills and/or work ethic.

Pads isn't the bitb for any other reason than sheer hard work and talent.  It is the same in every walk of life.  Excuse makers vote labour.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: May 06, 2015, 02:42:02 PM »

Why are stan james ladbrokes and blue square total non players on the global gambling scale and bet365 (who came into the online gambling arena 5  years after these boys) are crushing it? I worked there in the early days and I know why. The owners worked 20 hour days day in day out which no one outside of the firm ever sees for years to build the firm into what it is.  They remortgaged the whole family wealth to go for it.  Why shouldn't denise Coates now be one of the to richest people in the uk? She has crushed every competitor in the game who had a 5 year head start on her.  There is no other reason why this happens. It is not luck or this bollocks about being in the right place at the right time,  Stan James and blue square beat her to being in the right plAce at the right time In 1997. She got there, like everyone else who is a self made winner, through incredible hard graft which 99.9% of people just couldn't put their body's and minds through.  

You would think on easily the best gambling forum in the uk which has a big percentage of pro gamblers as readers people would realise over ten years there is no such thing as luck. I always laugh at my customers who say they are unlucky.  No you just are not very good.  Do some readers on here think all the pro gamblers on here whether they are poker or sports bettors have just been lucky or in the right place at the right time for the last fifteen years or do you think they just work the hardest?  This leftie being in the right place at the right time bollocks is really tilting and annoying to people who work very veryv hard in life to get on and sacrifice other areas of their life to become winners then get told they are just lucky.  I work more hours a week than anyone I know in a real job but constantly have to listen to their excuses and bullshit why they have such a shit life.  Come to the other side of the fence and risk your entire net worth to improve your lifestyle and then tell me my lifestyle is easy, stress free or social able.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 03:03:15 PM by arbboy » Logged
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: May 06, 2015, 02:46:26 PM »

good thread this, shame about people using foul language though
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 ... 155 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: