blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:20:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1079 1080 1081 1082 [1083] 1084 1085 1086 1087 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2180934 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16230 on: January 20, 2019, 07:44:40 PM »

From what I read, I would say so.

However, I haven't been round the entire uk to add first hand credence to the fact, if that's what you are asking.

Genuine question, where do you read about this?

Tommy's FB page.

I lolled.

The older I get, the better I was.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #16231 on: January 20, 2019, 08:00:58 PM »

However, I haven't been round the entire uk to add first hand credence to the fact, if that's what you are asking.

Tommy's FB page.

I should acknowledge your annual amusing comment mate

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #16232 on: January 20, 2019, 08:35:51 PM »

In December we were literally being invaded by boatloads of so called migrants. So much so that the Sajid had to cut his holiday short to deal with the crisis

sola virtus nobilitat
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #16233 on: January 20, 2019, 09:47:01 PM »

Tommy's FB page.

Yeah, but seriously, where do you read about this?

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #16234 on: January 21, 2019, 11:18:52 AM »

Hang on a mo...

Leaving the EU is only going to limit EU migrants, it isn't going to reduce asylum seekers or refugees.

Are we not getting things mixed up here?

The people Adz is referring to are not going to be effected by Brexit are they?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #16235 on: January 21, 2019, 11:28:17 AM »

Hang on a mo...

Leaving the EU is only going to limit EU migrants, it isn't going to reduce asylum seekers or refugees.

Let’s not start letting facts interfere with people’s xenophobic tendencies.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #16236 on: January 21, 2019, 12:38:50 PM »

Hang on a mo...

Could be referring to Romanians..I think the received wisdom is that they are all blaggers

sola virtus nobilitat
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #16237 on: January 21, 2019, 01:03:50 PM »

Hang on a mo...

I think the real dirty ones find a way into the EU under one loop hole or another(their brother in laws aunt etc) and then home in on the UK and the soppy feckers that let them come over and bleed us dry. I dont see too many migrants making a direct beeline for us they have to plot their way here, and we are obliged to then take them, once they are in the EU. If we are not bound by EU rules, this will hopefully stop...

Crack on with the xenophobe/racist name calling. Reality is all I want is to stop the mass inflood of people into this country taking British jobs. I would much rather see our Government create an environment whereby people HAVE TO work, thus there is no need to have such an migration problem. They seem incapable of creating this and so we have to tackle the problem in reverse, and if we don't have people taking the jobs maybe we will review the way we educate/give benefits, so those that just want to watch Kyle instead of doing menial jobs, are forced into work.

No doubt some of the haters are quite happy with the staus quo.....maybe the fact they are able to reply at 11.30 on a Monday means they are even one of the great unwashed themselves Cheesy........

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #16238 on: January 21, 2019, 01:14:52 PM »

Oh and just to hammer home the point. My personal view is all who are here...fine...(a true xenophobe would surely want them ALL gone?!)just stop the influx in the future....

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16239 on: January 21, 2019, 01:37:41 PM »

I often wonder why all those British jobs are vacant and available to take.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #16240 on: January 21, 2019, 01:41:06 PM »

Tommy's FB page.

Yeah, but seriously, where do you read about this?

Still waiting for the source of all this information about the massive influx of people who are simultaneously taking British jobs and bleeding us dry via the benefits system.

Posted at 1.37pm, washed and dressed even though I don’t have a job these days. Retirement is fucking awesome.

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #16241 on: January 21, 2019, 01:42:34 PM »

I often wonder why all those British jobs are vacant and available to take.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #16242 on: January 21, 2019, 02:54:59 PM »

I get disappointed when accusations of xenophobia start flying around because it's really a logistical issue which deserves serious attention. This week we saw on the telly news how many folk simply cannot get a doctor's appointment and I must say that I've been trying to access a GP for 2 weeks myself only to be told there aren't any appointments. We know there's an aging population issue, we know there aren't enough hospital beds, there's a very real housing crisis, lots of my friends can't get preferred school places. On top of that I find driving anywhere ridiculous, always total gridlock on the M25 & M6. The list is endless and it's a problem we need to deal with or quality of life will diminish rapidly.

So under this freedom of movement system how many new schools and hospitals have been built? How many new roads and railway lines? How many more GP's have been recruited? I'm well aware that migration is a positive for our country's GP...so how much has been spent on social infrastructure? What's more let's say we stay in the EU and the organisation allow Turkey to join or another country. Let's say a million more economic migrants arrive in the space of a year. Are we able to cope? What are the plans to accommodate? It's all very well just bleating xenophobia. But what is the concrete plan that mitigates the risk of such freedom? Sure thing exiting the EU will dink our economy by a few % but what's the wider picture in terms of quality of life when control is within our own hands? Why is having control of our own borders such a bad idea? I'm sure it's a genuine and valid concern for a lot of ordinary folk who still enjoy our multicultural society.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #16243 on: January 21, 2019, 03:00:22 PM »

Hang on a mo...

I think the real dirty ones find a way into the EU under one loop hole or another(their brother in laws aunt etc) and then home in on the UK and the soppy feckers that let them come over and bleed us dry. I dont see too many migrants making a direct beeline for us they have to plot their way here, and we are obliged to then take them, once they are in the EU. If we are not bound by EU rules, this will hopefully stop...

Crack on with the xenophobe/racist name calling. Reality is all I want is to stop the mass in flood of people into this country taking British jobs. I would much rather see our Government create an environment whereby people HAVE TO work, thus there is no need to have such an migration problem. They seem incapable of creating this and so we have to tackle the problem in reverse, and if we don't have people taking the jobs maybe we will review the way we educate/give benefits, so those that just want to watch Kyle instead of doing menial jobs, are forced into work.

No doubt some of the haters are quite happy with the staus quo.....maybe the fact they are able to reply at 11.30 on a Monday means they are even one of the great unwashed themselves Cheesy........

I wasn't trying to call you a xenophobe or racist Adz.

I just think there is a general misunderstanding of what changes to EU immigration would mean for say Polish workers, and how it would effect immigrants/refugees.
Even though we may not be bound by the EU rules moving forward, I doubt we will take a hard line on immigrants/refugees.

I am always a big fan of anyone who says 'They took our jobs!' always reminds me of....

Click to see full-size image.

I'm sat here at work thanks, I could watch Jezza at work if I wanted but I choose not to, I even had a shower this morning. x

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #16244 on: January 21, 2019, 04:27:08 PM »

If you are lucky you won't even have to go to Wetherspoons to read this, you might get it through your front door.

Wetherspoon-News" border="0

Dxc-Qdnp-X0-AA7m-Bz" border="0
Pages: 1 ... 1079 1080 1081 1082 [1083] 1084 1085 1086 1087 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: