blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:51:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1400 1401 1402 1403 [1404] 1405 1406 1407 1408 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2180415 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21045 on: September 25, 2019, 11:25:04 AM »

Supreme Court: Where does defeat leave Boris Johnson? - BBC News

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49813639

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21046 on: September 25, 2019, 11:26:16 AM »

Henig commented yesterday as follows

"Reflection that today's Supreme Court judgement is that's what happens when a narrow, purist form of Brexit meets a parliamentary majority and laws against it. At some point we have to return to the idea of building a consensus and today would be a good day to start"

I am not optimistic, from all sides really, including the LDs who won't let Corbyn take over temporarily

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21047 on: September 25, 2019, 11:29:55 AM »

Boris Johnson, a diminished figure in EU eyes (i should think so too!)

An Irish view from the pre-eminent RTE commentator Connolly

https://www.rte.ie/news/analysis-and-comment/2019/0924/1077970-brexit-supreme-court-connelly/

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21048 on: September 25, 2019, 11:30:58 AM »

This is rare, the FT's editorial policy is never to call for heads to roll

The Financial Times - not a lefty or anarchic rag - calls for Boris Johnson to resign as Prime Minister

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21049 on: September 25, 2019, 11:32:54 AM »

I know this is silly, but next level prank calling here

https://twitter.com/OFalafel/status/1176557758344093696?s=20

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21050 on: September 25, 2019, 11:55:48 AM »

All this turn of momentous events to get Parliament back, and all they are doing is bickering, heckling & point-scoring. What a waste. An attempt to find concensus of a way out of the Brexit mess has yet to be mentioned.

Bercow, meanwhile, has returned in fine form, referring to the Attorney General's maleficious tones. No idea what that means, but it does sound rather splendid.  

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21051 on: September 25, 2019, 12:00:22 PM »

we haven't seen it on here, but on social media its odd? amusing? amazing? predictable? that so many Brexiters who insisted the prorogation was nothing to do with Brexit are now adamant prorogation being declared unlawful is an attempt to stop Brexit. They can't have it both ways!

They taking Boris' lead as he said this very thing in his comments following the ruling therefore all the people who have Union Jacks in their avatar (whether they're in Peterborough or St Petersburg) are going to say the same thing.

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21052 on: September 25, 2019, 12:02:08 PM »

All this turn of momentous events to get Parliament back, and all they are doing is bickering, heckling & point-scoring. What a waste. An attempt to find concensus of a way out of the Brexit mess has yet to be mentioned.

Bercow, meanwhile, has returned in fine form, referring to the Attorney General's maleficious tones. No idea what that means, but it does sound rather splendid. 

Mellifluous - pleasing to the ear.

I was thinking that if Geoffrey Cox did have to resign as a result of all this he could find a lucrative career in voiceover work.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #21053 on: September 25, 2019, 12:06:28 PM »

I was thinking that if Geoffrey Cox did have to resign as a result of all this he could find a lucrative career in voiceover work.

Literally means flowing like honey. So imagine the sweetness and ease of flow.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21054 on: September 25, 2019, 12:07:53 PM »

Very Downton Abbey Butler, the character played by Jim Carter

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21055 on: September 25, 2019, 12:09:53 PM »

Thank you Andrew & Tal Bloke.

I was unable to spell it correctly as I had never heard such a word & I spelt it so badly that even google search was defeated when I attempted to check the spelling & meaning.  

As you both note, he really does have a magnificent voice, almost in itself suggesting much gravitas. (Can we have "much" gravitas?)

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21056 on: September 25, 2019, 12:11:47 PM »

Very Downton Abbey Butler, the character played by Jim Carter

Well I've no idea Rich, I don't generally trouble myself by watching fictional stuff, but I'm sure you are right.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #21057 on: September 25, 2019, 12:22:47 PM »

we haven't seen it on here, but on social media its odd? amusing? amazing? predictable? that so many Brexiters who insisted the prorogation was nothing to do with Brexit are now adamant prorogation being declared unlawful is an attempt to stop Brexit. They can't have it both ways!

Its obviously nonsense but entirely in keeping with the story arc. Much like the catastrophe arc from the other side. Mad numbers of people piping the same tune even when the music sheets change

sola virtus nobilitat
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #21058 on: September 25, 2019, 12:38:12 PM »

I assumed he was the guy who did the 'freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee bet' lolbrokes advert from years ago.   Cracking voice and so so out of touch and posh.   Great to listen to for lols
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21059 on: September 25, 2019, 03:30:36 PM »

Literally means flowing like honey. So imagine the sweetness and ease of flow.

I'm assuming you don't buy your honey at Liddl. We have to microwave ours to turn it into a liquid.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 ... 1400 1401 1402 1403 [1404] 1405 1406 1407 1408 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: