blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:37:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1455 1456 1457 1458 [1459] 1460 1461 1462 1463 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2195341 times)
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #21870 on: November 04, 2019, 06:53:10 PM »

In the last few weeks I have somehow come round to voting for Labour. One reason is Lib Dem aren't appealing to me under Swinson and they would never win my seat, second reason being that it's the only party that will finish in front of the Tories.

More importantly, I have come round to their plan. It's not something with a simple message like the tories being "get brexit done", but it is compromise for all voters. They aren't trying to stop Brexit, they are simply compromising by negotiating a deal and then putting it back to the people. That is sirely compromise? There just isn't a big enough majority in 48/52 that we go for a hard brexit.

Plus, away from Brexit, Labour stands for what I believe in. There shouldn't be poverty in this country. We shouldn't be going to food banks. They are also a party of equality, much more than the Tories have ever been.

I will probably be voting for Labour, not sure how it got to this
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #21871 on: November 04, 2019, 06:53:46 PM »

Is it just me that has got really bored and fed up with Jo Swinson and the Lib Dems? They are literally playing the victim card at every opportunity. Today they'e moaned about being involved in TV debates, even calling it sexist.

I am all for these TV debates and I am completely happy with different formats with different parties being involved. We can't simply have a TV debate with 6/7/8 different parties everytime. I just can't bring myself to vote Lib Dem.

Jo Swinson = dreadful.

I’m sure you have tickets for the debate the lib Dems will be included in  Cheesy

I've got two actually
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #21872 on: November 04, 2019, 06:56:17 PM »

Is it just me that has got really bored and fed up with Jo Swinson and the Lib Dems? They are literally playing the victim card at every opportunity. Today they'e moaned about being involved in TV debates, even calling it sexist.

I am all for these TV debates and I am completely happy with different formats with different parties being involved. We can't simply have a TV debate with 6/7/8 different parties everytime. I just can't bring myself to vote Lib Dem.

Jo Swinson = dreadful.

I’m sure you have tickets for the debate the lib Dems will be included in  Cheesy

I've got two actually

Does not surprise me in the least 

Thanks for confirming bullshitter status 
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21873 on: November 04, 2019, 08:05:37 PM »

I'm not going to mention any names but there are two or three members who are constantly goading each other and to be frank it's spoiling things for everyone else.

So I'm asking politely, please guys, give it a rest.

The older I get, the better I was.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21874 on: November 05, 2019, 10:04:59 AM »

The Labour activists were out campaigning on our street on Sunday, trying to re-elect our local MP (who's actually a decent MP, just let down by his party).

I was out, but when Sophie told them she was undecided on who to vote for but that she didn't like Corbyn their response was, "Well, he won't be around forever".  They then left behind a campaign leaflet which doesn't mention Corbyn's name anywhere.

Good to see they have persuasive arguments for why we should consider endorsing him as PM.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #21875 on: November 05, 2019, 10:48:37 AM »

Seems like it's just going another typical campaign from all sides.

I've seen nothing positive just the usual telling us how bad the other lot are.

Anybody have any links to anything positive I can read?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21876 on: November 05, 2019, 10:54:39 AM »

This is the thing that aggravates me the most.

Throughout the history of politics, the other side has never done anything right or had a good idea.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21877 on: November 05, 2019, 11:02:11 AM »

This.

You'd think they would have moved on from that nonsense by now, but it's same old, same old.

Gove was asked a simple question on R4 this morning, completely avoided it repeatedly & just launched into an anti Corbyn speech.

And that's the theme of all the current batch of politicians of all political persuasions. It's all the usual Punch & Judy stuff.

If an honest politician emerged & answered questions with honesty & better balance, they'd scoop the votes. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #21878 on: November 05, 2019, 11:05:49 AM »

The thing that aggravates me is all the things they promise but never deliver

eg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50296672

Something positive, though I am sure they will all claim lots more before the election

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50277461

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21879 on: November 05, 2019, 11:07:15 AM »

PM accused of cover-up over report on Russian meddling in UK politics
No 10 refuses to clear release of report into Russian political interference before election

complete passivity of the public to this,probably unaware

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/04/no-10-blocks-russia-eu-referendum-report-until-after-election?CMP=share_btn_tw

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21880 on: November 05, 2019, 11:08:53 AM »

So. I've only recently been able to vote so I want to exercise my right, but I have no idea who to vote for.

I don't want to leave the EU.

I don't want BoJo or Corbyn as PM.

I don't want to abstain or vote for some other party if doing so will work as a tactical vote and inadvertently work against my wishes.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21881 on: November 05, 2019, 11:16:37 AM »

PM accused of cover-up over report on Russian meddling in UK politics
No 10 refuses to clear release of report into Russian political interference before election

complete passivity of the public to this,probably unaware

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/04/no-10-blocks-russia-eu-referendum-report-until-after-election?CMP=share_btn_tw

This was the matter Gove was interviewed about this morning.

He was repeatedly asked "why won't you release the report now?".

Instead of giving an answer, he just went on an anti Corbyn rant.

Oh for an honest, straight up politician.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21882 on: November 05, 2019, 11:24:41 AM »

Oh for an honest, straight up politician.

Good luck with that.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #21883 on: November 05, 2019, 11:35:39 AM »

This.

You'd think they would have moved on from that nonsense by now, but it's same old, same old.

Gove was asked a simple question on R4 this morning, completely avoided it repeatedly & just launched into an anti Corbyn speech.

And that's the theme of all the current batch of politicians of all political persuasions. It's all the usual Punch & Judy stuff.

If an honest politician emerged & answered questions with honesty & better balance, they'd scoop the votes. 

I am not sure this is true!

If they were honest, they would have to campaign on a high probability of delivering nothing. Not sure this would be a vote winner.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #21884 on: November 05, 2019, 11:38:28 AM »

So. I've only recently been able to vote so I want to exercise my right, but I have no idea who to vote for.

I don't want to leave the EU.

I don't want BoJo or Corbyn as PM.

I don't want to abstain or vote for some other party if doing so will work as a tactical vote and inadvertently work against my wishes.

What is your postcode Tom? If you don't mind me asking? You need to have a look at the likely voting in your area.

But to be fair, your combination of desires is probably impossible to satisfy.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Pages: 1 ... 1455 1456 1457 1458 [1459] 1460 1461 1462 1463 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: