blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:34:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Gigs/festivals 2017
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gigs/festivals 2017  (Read 41144 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 06, 2016, 11:21:10 PM »

Looking ahead to next year...

Flatmate really wants to see one of the 3 Maccabees farewell shows but I'm not as eager as him.
Stone Roses adding 2 dates in Leeds is more than tempting despite their awful rep as a live band.
Charlatans are playing in Scarbados.
Awaiting the details for the Shed Seven winter 2017 tour, should be revealed in January.
Live In Leeds has White Lies (they were class last week) and Pigeon Detectives amongst many others and that could be a goer.

As it stands, the only thing booked is The Rifles unplugged when they swing by York in May. Eyes peeled and credit card at the ready for more though....

Best Bitter.
NoCardDSC

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 07, 2016, 11:34:08 AM »

Stomped up to Leeds on the 25th Nov to see the Courteeners supported by Milburn - what a gig! One of the best I've ever been.

Certainly looking to go to The Rifles and White Lies next year.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 07, 2016, 08:22:55 PM »

Stomped up to Leeds on the 25th Nov to see the Courteeners supported by Milburn - what a gig! One of the best I've ever been.

Certainly looking to go to The Rifles and White Lies next year.

What were Milburn like? They have a big show in Yorkshire next year and it's on my radar....

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 13, 2016, 09:39:06 PM »

Saw The Fratellis last night at the o2 in Leeds. To say it was the most underwhelmed I've ever been at a gig wouldn't be an exaggeration. Zero audience chat/banter/participation, no introduction for any songs, very lacklustre performance of Costello Music with lyrics constantly missing. Very much appeared to be going through the motions and was quite happy when it finished.

They then post a message on their FB page earlier informing that tonight and tomorrow in London have been rescheduled for February as John Fratelli has been advised to rest his throat issue for 48 hours.

So it explains the run of the mill performance, but then makes me question why the gig even went ahead with the obvious voice problems.

Someone did smuggle in a flare Smiley that was a gig first for me!

Best Bitter.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 26, 2017, 03:43:36 PM »

The Kllers, Hyde Park

open air and i am a fan

the cheapest tickets are £67. am i getting old and wrinkly in thinking this is an extortionate price for the cheapest tickets?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 26, 2017, 10:53:34 PM »

The Kllers, Hyde Park

open air and i am a fan

the cheapest tickets are £67. am i getting old and wrinkly in thinking this is an extortionate price for the cheapest tickets?

If you view it as just seeing The Killers then yes, but if you're into other bands on the bill (White Lies, Elbow and someone else with more TBC?) then its pretty good value I think.

I went to one of the BST days in 2014 when The Libertines headlined, other acts that afternoon/evening included The Enemy, Maximo Park, The View, The Rifles, Pogues and Rev and the Makers. It was only £55 for the ticket which I thought was excellent value, but I loved most of the bands playing so got good mileage for the price.

Good bump btw Smiley slow start for me so far this year. At an acoustic show tomorrow night for Independent Venue Week. Tickets for Feeder go on sale tomorrow and they are playing York which is good. Line up for Kendal Calling was announced tonight for this year and it looks rather good but I fear I'm too old/miserable for festivals.

What are people eyeing up this year? The festivals are slowly revealing their headliners....

Best Bitter.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 26, 2017, 10:56:32 PM »

Is that for the BST festival? If so seems fairly reasonable for Killers, Elbow, Tears for Fears and White Lies.

You'd get to see a few more artists with a comparatively priced day ticket to any other festival but it'd be much tougher to get to than central london

I'd agree that its pretty steep if Killers are the only act that you're interested in though

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 27, 2017, 12:43:15 AM »

The Kllers, Hyde Park

open air and i am a fan

Recent U2 debacle would have made you shudder if you think £67 is a lot

Tried to get standing tickets for Twickenham, £87.50 each.  Obviously being Ticketmaster, they "sold out" straight away.  Get Me In had them available though (owned by Ticketmaster) at only £187, plus booking fee of course.   The only seated tickets left in the stadium were about £200 and were right at the side of the stage.  This was all within about two minutes of the tickets coming on line.

Needless to say, I'm not seeing U2 in the summer.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: January 27, 2017, 01:30:24 AM »

The Kllers, Hyde Park

open air and i am a fan

Recent U2 debacle would have made you shudder if you think £67 is a lot

Tried to get standing tickets for Twickenham, £87.50 each.  Obviously being Ticketmaster, they "sold out" straight away.  Get Me In had them available though (owned by Ticketmaster) at only £187, plus booking fee of course.   The only seated tickets left in the stadium were about £200 and were right at the side of the stage.  This was all within about two minutes of the tickets coming on line.

Needless to say, I'm not seeing U2 in the summer.

Every cloud.....

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 27, 2017, 10:13:45 AM »

Cheesy

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 01, 2017, 01:26:16 PM »

Finding myself in London (via Santorini and Athens....) on the weekend of 26/27th August, which just happens to be the weekend of Victorious festival in Portsmouth....the line up was announced today and its Stereophonics, Feeder and Jake Bugg (amongst others with more TBC) on the Saturday 26th, so felt rude not to go whilst (kinda) being in the vicinity. £32 for the day ticket was a no brainer really.

If any other Blondes are heading, I'll be the tanned, drunk, very slim, peasant looking Yorkshire guy Smiley

Best Bitter.
The Wycher

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 02, 2017, 05:11:46 PM »

Off to see Julian Cope in February, haven't seen him in years so looking forward to it.

I asked my wife to marry me after we watched him at Phoenix festival many years ago, must have been the daffy duck boxer shorts he was wearing that affected us.

Very tempted to get tickets for Jesus & Mary Chain as well.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 07, 2017, 05:17:35 PM »

http://www.uttoxeter-racecourse.co.uk/whats-on/fixture/20-may-2017/

Nice bonus to my annual members racing badge this year.  Not a big gig person at all but like the KC's.  Anyone seen them before?  Anyone in the Midlands wanting to go should book asap as this will def sell out.  Monster upgrade to the Human League from last year.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 07, 2017, 09:16:41 PM »

http://www.uttoxeter-racecourse.co.uk/whats-on/fixture/20-may-2017/

Nice bonus to my annual members racing badge this year.  Not a big gig person at all but like the KC's.  Anyone seen them before?  Anyone in the Midlands wanting to go should book asap as this will def sell out.  Monster upgrade to the Human League from last year.

They were good at York races last summer. This year we have Olly Murs and Jess Glynne, marv. Shall give it a wide berth methinks.

So much stuff getting announced that is very tempting (Libertines at Tramlines, Maximo Park added to Live At Leeds, Y Not festival etc is just scratching the surface), but a definite is The Cranberries heading to York for an acoustic greatest hits show, with a string quartet no less. Not everyone's cup of tea but its rare for us to get such a global band playing in our little city. It also happens to be the night before I head to Vegas so perfect timing Smiley

What festivals, if any, are people eyeing up this year? So much choice its unreal....

Best Bitter.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 09, 2017, 09:55:25 AM »

What festivals, if any, are people eyeing up this year? So much choice its unreal....

Slam Dunk!!
The stage with Bowling For Soup, Less Than Jake, Reel Big Fish, Mad Faddies, Goldfinger, etc looks fun
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: