blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:34:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 273 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 353832 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4020 on: March 29, 2021, 04:37:25 AM »

Interesting and easier to read graphs on rona/flu.

https://twitter.com/tylerraye/status/1376002936711512064

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: March 29, 2021, 04:14:48 PM »

https://twitter.com/timspector/status/1376154441817022468

Despite static new case rates of 4.5k/day for 2 weeks - we are seeing hardly any cases in the over 60s who have ben vaccinated...

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: March 29, 2021, 09:19:31 PM »

Account by his wife on Toby.

Cheesy

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: March 29, 2021, 11:31:43 PM »

Haha, that's pretty funny

sola virtus nobilitat
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: March 30, 2021, 07:45:17 PM »

Well lockdown in Sheffield is over.

Just walked past my local park, which had thousands (seriously, easily a couple of thousand) of young people in big groups partying.

Looked like a football crowd, a sea of heads. Just amazing.

Four police cars parked up watching and not a clue what to do.

Just crazy stuff.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: March 30, 2021, 10:16:36 PM »

Hopefully, given how well we're doing with the vaccines and the recent antibody news, it shouldn't cause a massive problem.

Maybe the government expected it, so rather than say off you go, keep things as tight. Let everyone think they're being naughty, and getting one over, when in reality it was factored in.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: March 30, 2021, 10:44:00 PM »

Looking forward to the Doobs update tomorrow....

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: March 30, 2021, 11:58:55 PM »

Hopefully, given how well we're doing with the vaccines and the recent antibody news, it shouldn't cause a massive problem.

Maybe the government expected it, so rather than say off you go, keep things as tight. Let everyone think they're being naughty, and getting one over, when in reality it was factored in.

Comes from a fellow man who has been naughty all his life.  Love the justification.   Makes me feel like us mid 40s are back at uni and oasis are bossing tings as the kidz say!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: March 31, 2021, 12:35:26 AM »

Comes from a fellow man who has been naughty all his life.  Love the justification.   Makes me feel like us mid 40s are back at uni and oasis are bossing tings as the kidz say!

Naugtiest I've been this year, has been 3 takeaways in a week, and I forgot to put my mask on after I came out from seeing my neuro a couple weeks ago.

I wondered why people were staring at me, as I wheeled myself back to the motor Cheesy

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: March 31, 2021, 10:10:03 AM »

Love being in a minority that celebrates seeing young people outdoors enjoying themselves. Cant believe whats happened to people. This doesnt make me a covid denier,  anti vaxxer,  or murderer. Just makes me completely normal and the rest of the country need to be more like me tbf.

sola virtus nobilitat
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4030 on: March 31, 2021, 11:21:21 AM »

Love being in a minority that celebrates seeing young people outdoors enjoying themselves. Cant believe whats happened to people. This doesnt make me a covid denier,  anti vaxxer,  or murderer. Just makes me completely normal and the rest of the country need to be more like me tbf.

Anyone who thinks they are completely normal is a weirdo.

The older I get, the better I was.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: March 31, 2021, 11:52:49 AM »

True dat.

1. Govt and PHE dont pursue or believe a zero covid strategy can work. FACT
2. 99% of deaths are old and vulnerable FACT
3. Old and vulnerable have been vaccinated with 1st dose to a very large extent FACT
4. No one catches COVID in a park. FACT
5. There may be a slight increase in cases in under 50s and hospitalisations may increase, see 1.

Time to crack on in terms of an outdoor life at a minimum and totally support people breaking silly laws. Its pretty noble in fact.

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: March 31, 2021, 02:08:44 PM »

True dat.

1. Govt and PHE dont pursue or believe a zero covid strategy can work. FACT
2. 99% of deaths are old and vulnerable FACT
3. Old and vulnerable have been vaccinated with 1st dose to a very large extent FACT
4. No one catches COVID in a park. FACT
5. There may be a slight increase in cases in under 50s and hospitalisations may increase, see 1.

Time to crack on in terms of an outdoor life at a minimum and totally support people breaking silly laws. Its pretty noble in fact.

Ha, was pretty much in agreement with you earlier.  I don't really worry about people meeting outside and think the Government are  likely to be too cautious now.

But the above is just wrong.  FACT.

2. is incorrect, 10% are under 65 in this country, and the proportions will change going forward if half of us have the vaccination and half don't.

4.  Not many catch Covid outside, but a small proportion will.

5.  The cases are increasingly slightly already, so it is optimistic to think they will only increase slightly as we fully reopen.  There are thin margins between staying the same and exponential growth, so will wait and see.  The cases in Israel are falling which gives ground for optimism, but they are closer to full vaccination, and who knows what happens if a nasty variant arrives?

I don't think it is easy as carrying on with the plan will certainly reduce risks further, and we can do most of the normal things soon enough.  If things start going wrong in future, better to do it from a low base; and if cases get really low, they can do away with the testing in schools, which is already of dubious use.

Anyway, I am not going to get grumpy at the ground level shots that make parks look fuller than they are.  Would far rather people met there, and they shouldn't be moved on.  Just wish the groups of 26 would get off the f'in path and stand on the grass for their chat.

FWIW.  Just took my eldest to meet her friends in a park.  And the youngest is going skateboarding in the park in a couple of days. 

I also think we'd have been fine going to see my mum over Easter, but will see her soon enough.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: March 31, 2021, 03:24:23 PM »

You are aware that FACT makes it incontestable.

Tbf my age delineator was 50 rather than 65 mainly based on the jcvi or whatver theyre called assessments on how to drive down death rates at the fastest rate poss. I think the other things are really at the periphery. ie im sure some poor soul might have caught it outside but its got to be a statistically insig thing so might as well say noone.

Agree the only real unknown is what hospitalisations will do in the under 50s. But if we compare with last year, weve locked down longer, have the huge benefit of vaccinations, and so at least until around september we can reasonably expect hospitalisations to be much lower than the same period last year. Since zero covid isnt a thing i do think the why are we waiting mob have a very strong case.

sola virtus nobilitat
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: March 31, 2021, 04:55:04 PM »

https://mobile.twitter.com/SheffCouncil/status/1377247807044784137?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

The council removed 7 tonnes of waste this morning.

Litter covered the whole of the grass which is a very large area.

The war memorial to the American airmen was vandalised.

Arrests made for fights.

Fire brigade called to put fires out.

Call me an old fart but it was bang out of order.
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 273 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: