blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:05:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 357886 times)
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: April 01, 2020, 02:09:58 PM »

Just lol that they're coming in through Heathrow and being sent on their way with a 'please try to self isolate'. Straight on to the tube.

Seems like an amazingly high proportion are from NYC, hard to see how that goes wrong:

https://www.airport-london-heathrow.com/lhr-arrivals?fbclid=IwAR01xN0vaMi278Bisq3tAhZsKB33XaW2zKhbgvQC002hWj3wAkyMjYSR_9o

and plenty from Madrid.

I assume they're being temperature checked prior to boarding though? If that's the case there's no need to do it again 7hrs later

It's unlikely that temp checks are being done at the airports. They certainly aren't done at Heathrow.

if a passenger makes it known that they have symptoms whilst on board, the flight deck notify Heathrow, and the paramedics will meet the flight and control the release of passengers off the flight.

Whilst there are still a few dozen flights coming into Heathrow, there are very few people on board the majority of them.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: April 01, 2020, 03:55:16 PM »

Blimey - 589 new deaths today.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: April 01, 2020, 04:54:11 PM »

According to the gov site application process for employers to claim on the furlough scheme won’t be available until at least the end of April.. why ? The infrastructure is there.. you have to have paye scheme in place and the employees registered to it. Why such a delay?.. a deliberate tactic so that companies who do not have the liquidity to carry the costs of keeping staff on will go out of business and thus not be able to claim.. I know they say about temp loans but you have to go through an application process and they still want security such as property

They always said end of April. HMRC are the spowest. Reversing their infrastructure to dish out this kind of money isn't going to be simple.

The loans are a lot slower than I initially expected, and I'm sure that is going to be a huge problem for lots of people. Not sure I have an issue with them looking for security though, it's pretty standard and I believe they have to justify any unsecured amounts over 250k to the government.

I think it'll put loads through and that will have a huge knock on effect on the supply chain.

We're in a very strong cash position at the moment for a Company of our size but it's not going to be easy even for us. We don't have too many employees but having run the first payroll with furlough included I'm looking at around £7500 per week going out with zero chance of anything coming back for 6 weeks. £45k of cash flow is tough in our position so I'm sure other Companies will have an absolute nightmare.

It's great news for me if the cut off for justification is £250k as that's well over any amount I'd want to borrow. If I can just get enough to cover the wage bill that would do so going on what you've said I might just get the application in now and be done with it.

Applied online for the loan...they said wait for a call back within 2 to 5 days. Our business hasn't needed financial help in 18 years of trading and we are looking well under 100k. I remember been offered/emailed 50k last year in a pre approved loan....so it will be interesting how easy this process will be now.  "Luckily" our weekly wages are about 2k so we can cope to the end of April. As it stands we dont qualify for the business rate holiday or grant, and that costs us about 40k , so a loan is going to be vital.

I spoke to our relationship manager this afternoon just to see what the process was and how long it takes should we need to apply at any point.

It appears that the 0% for 12 month loans don't kick in until you've exhausted all other avenues of debt that may be available to you.

This is going to mean that for a Company like mine and presumably yours it's just a normal loan at whatever the normal rate of interest is. Banks win out once again......

The Government only step in to provide additional security where needed because you're already in so much debt nobody will lend you anything.

What a joke

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: April 01, 2020, 05:15:50 PM »

These Q&A sessions are becoming a complete waste of time.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: April 01, 2020, 05:17:29 PM »

Blimey - 589 new deaths today.

Wow. Just heard 563 but pretty much the same thing and included a 13 year old Sad

That number must hit home even with some of the idiots still ignoring the social distancing rules.

Scary times ahead

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: April 01, 2020, 05:22:20 PM »

Whilst this may be the case you can't deny the usefulness of the amazing slide shows surely?

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: April 01, 2020, 05:26:48 PM »

Whilst this may be the case you can't deny the usefulness of the amazing slide shows surely?

That was the highlight for sure.

Otherwise, same as usual. Good questions, all swerved. Never in doubt with that line up.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: April 01, 2020, 05:49:10 PM »

That was the highlight for sure.

Otherwise, same as usual. Good questions, all swerved. Never in doubt with that line up.

I'd rather there weren't questions if they are not or cannot answer them directly anyway , looks worse than having no questions

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: April 01, 2020, 06:28:55 PM »

https://twitter.com/richardhorton1/status/1245232887999406081?s=19

Damning stuff from The Lancet

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: April 01, 2020, 07:01:48 PM »

This is the same Richard Horton that published Andrew Wakefield’s MMR causes autism and wouldn’t withdraw it till he was forced to.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: April 01, 2020, 07:13:19 PM »

I'd really like to know the true story re. the "lack of chemicals" which has led to the shocking shortage of tests to NHS staff.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: April 01, 2020, 07:40:47 PM »

This is the same Richard Horton that published Andrew Wakefield’s MMR causes autism and wouldn’t withdraw it till he was forced to.

Do you disagree though? Without a vaccine and, without mass testing, what is the exit strategy?

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: April 01, 2020, 07:42:51 PM »

I'd really like to know the true story re. the "lack of chemicals" which has led to the shocking shortage of tests to NHS staff.

Very good on this

https://reaction.life/coronavirus-testing-why-there-is-a-shortage-of-reagents/

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: April 01, 2020, 07:45:23 PM »

I think raising hopes on the antibody tests was also a big mistake.

Not here yet, having suggested could be distributed by amazon and boots within days.

They backtracked a bit today. Needs more time to check it works etc

When it does come, how practically do you tell a percentage of the population to crack on whilst expecting the majority to stay locked down?

My eyes are open wide
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: April 01, 2020, 07:55:36 PM »

According to the gov site application process for employers to claim on the furlough scheme won’t be available until at least the end of April.. why ? The infrastructure is there.. you have to have paye scheme in place and the employees registered to it. Why such a delay?.. a deliberate tactic so that companies who do not have the liquidity to carry the costs of keeping staff on will go out of business and thus not be able to claim.. I know they say about temp loans but you have to go through an application process and they still want security such as property

They always said end of April. HMRC are the spowest. Reversing their infrastructure to dish out this kind of money isn't going to be simple.

The loans are a lot slower than I initially expected, and I'm sure that is going to be a huge problem for lots of people. Not sure I have an issue with them looking for security though, it's pretty standard and I believe they have to justify any unsecured amounts over 250k to the government.

I think it'll put loads through and that will have a huge knock on effect on the supply chain.

We're in a very strong cash position at the moment for a Company of our size but it's not going to be easy even for us. We don't have too many employees but having run the first payroll with furlough included I'm looking at around £7500 per week going out with zero chance of anything coming back for 6 weeks. £45k of cash flow is tough in our position so I'm sure other Companies will have an absolute nightmare.

It's great news for me if the cut off for justification is £250k as that's well over any amount I'd want to borrow. If I can just get enough to cover the wage bill that would do so going on what you've said I might just get the application in now and be done with it.

If they are offering you a normal loan though rather than a CBIL then they may well ask for a PG or other security.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: