blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:16:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 353707 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: April 12, 2020, 05:53:02 PM »

BoJo on the mend.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: April 12, 2020, 06:18:53 PM »

The link is explaining why we shouldn’t wait. The time to scrutinise why our response is give or take the world’s worsts so far is now. Afterwards the Tory machine will be all out for ‘that was bad chaps but let’s move on’.

https://twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/1249247210287570944?s=21

On what do you base this judgement?

Seems to me that our response has been pretty good for a country that isn’t a police state.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/   has numbers for all nations and our deaths/million is substantially below that if Italy and of Spain. Both of which recorded their first cases at around the same time that we did.

I base it on the fact that we had an opportunity to act at a much earlier stage in the progression of the epidemic than all countries can that we can be compared with in a meaningful sense (France/Germany/Italy and Spain), instead we chose to act later and it is basically in the system already that we’ll have the most deaths by a street. We are also losing members of the healthcare profession at an devastating rate. If the numbers from Italy are correct and are comparable on the rest of the mainland, we’ll top that tragic table as well.

We seem to be the only country whose nursing staff have been told to refuse to provide treatment if they continue to not receive adequate PPE, that’s a bad indicator.

Regular readers will know that I’m a bit obsessed with this chart. I guarantee you we won’t get down below any of the comparable nations with no tracing and lockdown very lite.

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1249093625532813313?s=21

It's a great graph, and it certainly looks like you are going to be correct.

But guarantee it? I dont think so. Your happy for me to have £1 with you at 10,000/1?
There is a long way to go yet and I am sure there will be some twists and turns along the way.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: April 12, 2020, 06:23:58 PM »

The link is explaining why we shouldn’t wait. The time to scrutinise why our response is give or take the world’s worsts so far is now. Afterwards the Tory machine will be all out for ‘that was bad chaps but let’s move on’.

On what do you base this judgement?

Seems to me that our response has been pretty good for a country that isn’t a police state.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/   has numbers for all nations and our deaths/million is substantially below that if Italy and of Spain. Both of which recorded their first cases at around the same time that we did.

I base it on the fact that we had an opportunity to act at a much earlier stage in the progression of the epidemic than all countries can that we can be compared with in a meaningful sense (France/Germany/Italy and Spain), instead we chose to act later and it is basically in the system already that we’ll have the most deaths by a street. We are also losing members of the healthcare profession at an devastating rate. If the numbers from Italy are correct and are comparable on the rest of the mainland, we’ll top that tragic table as well.

We seem to be the only country whose nursing staff have been told to refuse to provide treatment if they continue to not receive adequate PPE, that’s a bad indicator.

Regular readers will know that I’m a bit obsessed with this chart. I guarantee you we won’t get down below any of the comparable nations with no tracing and lockdown very lite.

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1249093625532813313?s=21

It's a great graph, and it certainly looks like you are going to be correct.

But guarantee it? I dont think so. Your happy for me to have £1 with you at 10,000/1?
There is a long way to go yet and I am sure there will be some twists and turns along the way.

Good evening Stu,

Truth be told, I was reflecting on writing that and I regret it. I’m in no position to guarantee it.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 06:47:56 PM by kukushkin88 » Logged
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: April 12, 2020, 08:13:42 PM »

Do you think labour would have ignored the advice they were being given and done something differently?

I think Labour (what I think Labour would have done is irrelevant but since you asked*) would have acted more in line with almost every other government in the world. The decision was absolutely a political one. The worldwide scientific consensus was overwhelmingly against the view that our government and their scientists chose to pursue.

https://twitter.com/laineydoyle/status/1249127908876128259?s=21

A better question might be ‘what would any government other than one led by Dipshit Johnson have done? It was a bad time to have a post truther in charge, the USA will suffer for the same reason. Although Trump has much less control due to state autonomy, so their ‘leadership’ problem, is smaller.

So you think they would have ignored the advice they were given about what was best for the UK, good to know.......You can’t possibly say what is right or wrong until this has all gone through the wash, don’t pretend otherwise as nobody really knows for certain.

Your angle is clear to see, and confirmed as soon as you mention the word dipshit. You are nothing more than a momentum mouthpiece, Twatter is probably a better place to post this nonsense than on here.

I have never knowingly had anything to do with Momentum. I’m not even really interested in them and don’t really know who they are. We might have supported the same politicians, from very different perspectives, in the past but that’s about it.

A lot of the views you express come from Twitter items which will be rehashed by Momentum.   People read what they want to read - whether you are aware of it or not you are effectively a "Momentum mouthpiece" as Woodsey says
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: April 12, 2020, 08:27:02 PM »

Do you think labour would have ignored the advice they were being given and done something differently?

I think Labour (what I think Labour would have done is irrelevant but since you asked*) would have acted more in line with almost every other government in the world. The decision was absolutely a political one. The worldwide scientific consensus was overwhelmingly against the view that our government and their scientists chose to pursue.

A better question might be ‘what would any government other than one led by Dipshit Johnson have done? It was a bad time to have a post truther in charge, the USA will suffer for the same reason. Although Trump has much less control due to state autonomy, so their ‘leadership’ problem, is smaller.

So you think they would have ignored the advice they were given about what was best for the UK, good to know.......You can’t possibly say what is right or wrong until this has all gone through the wash, don’t pretend otherwise as nobody really knows for certain.

Your angle is clear to see, and confirmed as soon as you mention the word dipshit. You are nothing more than a momentum mouthpiece, Twatter is probably a better place to post this nonsense than on here.

I have never knowingly had anything to do with Momentum. I’m not even really interested in them and don’t really know who they are. We might have supported the same politicians, from very different perspectives, in the past but that’s about it.

A lot of the views you express come from Twitter items which will be rehashed by Momentum.   People read what they want to read - whether you are aware of it or not you are effectively a "Momentum mouthpiece" as Woodsey says

This is nonsense, the only person I’ve ever seen on my Twitter feed who might be linked to Momentum is Faiza Shaheen, I have never seen a  Momentum tweet. I certainly haven’t come across a single word in any form of media on Coronavirus that I believe originated from Momentum.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: April 12, 2020, 08:36:17 PM »

This is nonsense, the only person I’ve ever seen on my Twitter feed who might be linked to Momentum is Faiza Shaheen, I have never seen a  Momentum tweet. I certainly haven’t come across a single word in any form of media on Coronavirus that I believe originated from Momentum.

Your views are very aligned with their thinking and Owen Jones, so whether you read their stuff or not that is how you come across......
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: April 12, 2020, 08:52:11 PM »

A lot of the views you express come from Twitter items which will be rehashed by Momentum.   People read what they want to read - whether you are aware of it or not you are effectively a "Momentum mouthpiece" as Woodsey says

This is nonsense, the only person I’ve ever seen on my Twitter feed who might be linked to Momentum is Faiza Shaheen, I have never seen a  Momentum tweet. I certainly haven’t come across a single word in any form of media on Coronavirus that I believe originated from Momentum.

Your views are very aligned with their thinking and Owen Jones, so whether you read their stuff or not that is how you come across......

It seems a tenuous way to link me to Momentum, lots of the world is wondering wtf the U.K. government were/are thinking.

This is a decent albeit limited synopsis:

] https://bylinetimes.com/2020/04/11/a-national-scandal-a-timeline-of-the-uk-governments-woeful-response-to-the-coronavirus-crisis/?fbclid=IwAR1lOiAmFnCCcdTk55sutSLVxwcKLym-Y8NiCAvzcP4sd7kya4VpF4PZVtA]

« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 08:54:03 PM by kukushkin88 » Logged
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: April 12, 2020, 08:53:22 PM »

Over several years and many topics I have found your posts very unbalanced.  That's not to say they are not valid, just that you are very aligned to Momentum.  You probably read more of their online propaganda than you imagine.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: April 12, 2020, 08:56:13 PM »

A lot of the views you express come from Twitter items which will be rehashed by Momentum.   People read what they want to read - whether you are aware of it or not you are effectively a "Momentum mouthpiece" as Woodsey says

This is nonsense, the only person I’ve ever seen on my Twitter feed who might be linked to Momentum is Faiza Shaheen, I have never seen a  Momentum tweet. I certainly haven’t come across a single word in any form of media on Coronavirus that I believe originated from Momentum.

It seems a tenuous way to link me to Momentum, lots of the world is wondering wtf the U.K. government were/are thinking.

This is a decent albeit limited synopsis:

] https://bylinetimes.com/2020/04/11/a-national-scandal-a-timeline-of-the-uk-governments-woeful-response-to-the-coronavirus-crisis/?fbclid=IwAR1lOiAmFnCCcdTk55sutSLVxwcKLym-Y8NiCAvzcP4sd7kya4VpF4PZVtA]

Doesn’t matter whether you think it’s tenuous, whether you like it or not your views are very aligned with them.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: April 12, 2020, 09:00:24 PM »

Over several years and many topics I have found your posts very unbalanced.  That's not to say they are not valid, just that you are very aligned to Momentum.  You probably read more of their online propaganda than you imagine.

It would be better to point out where what I say lacks accuracy or (like Stuart did) is ill judged. I post a lot, mostly my own thoughts but it would be good to know when you consider that my sources or my thoughts merit being called “propaganda”.  I reckon we might not agree but it probably merits discussion.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: April 12, 2020, 10:08:02 PM »

So been a busy couple of weeks but seems like a good time for a work update...

Saw this link earlier, and although I know some of you don't like the paper I think this headline is going to be reasonably accurate.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8211739/Farce-banks-coronavirus-crisis-loans-just-5-000-businesses.html

We still don't have anything agreed and an actual CBIL doesn't appear to be on the table, but to be fair to them there have been a lot changes for us since the process first started.

We secured an order for 4000 metal storage trolleys going into NHS Nightingale. The first 250 went in on Friday and the remainder are to be delivered through the rest of the month. That was our biggest ever single order.......

Until we found out that one of our Chinese suppliers has a huge amount of PPE available for sale. We have an operation in the USA and things moved very quickly and we now have a 747 full of PPE being delivered to the USA government on Thursday.

Further to this, I can get a lot more and even 2000 ventilators but I believe the pricing on these is hugely inflated so I have made offers to NHS & Bupa.

Makes me wonder what the UK Government are doing if I can source it so easily.

Crazy times compared to wondering if the business would make it through the year 2 weeks ago.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: April 12, 2020, 11:59:05 PM »

It would be better to point out where what I say lacks accuracy or (like Stuart did) is ill judged. I post a lot, mostly my own thoughts but it would be good to know when you consider that my sources or my thoughts merit being called “propaganda”.  I reckon we might not agree but it probably merits discussion.

You should post what the hell you like. I like to read what you think.

Your view on almost everything the Tories have done over the last 3-4 years has been constantly critical.

I think that’s what may be viewed as unbalanced.

In reality, every Government do some things well and some things badly.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: April 13, 2020, 07:48:04 AM »

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/12/uk-coronavirus-deaths-preventable-government-account

https://twitter.com/leonardocarella/status/1249405601978998785?s=21

Trying to make it about my political view is just deflecting from the reality of an extraordinary failure from the government and their cheerleaders in the media.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: April 13, 2020, 07:55:39 AM »

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/12/uk-coronavirus-deaths-preventable-government-account

Trying to make it about my political view is just deflecting from the reality of an extraordinary failure from the government and their cheerleaders in the media.

The Telegraph headlines are shocking, it’s only 7-8 years ago it was still a respected newspaper. It’s not materially different from the Mail or Express now.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: April 13, 2020, 08:13:03 AM »

The Telegraph headlines are shocking, it’s only 7-8 years ago it was still a respected newspaper. It’s not materially different from the Mail or Express now.

It’s time to revisit the ICU capacity as the sole measure of success idea. Best projections say we must be over a thousand deaths (it must be lots more but it’s an ok conservative estimation) now of people who didn’t even make it to hospital. Crowing about spare ICU capacity doesn’t seem right in the situation.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: