blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:42:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1256 1257 1258 1259 [1260] 1261 1262 1263 1264 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2180362 times)
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18885 on: July 17, 2019, 10:42:28 AM »

Looks like I might have beaten Tighty to this one, so I save him from the abuse for 'only showing one side' with his content.

I love how Melville phrased his comment though.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #18886 on: July 17, 2019, 12:05:38 PM »

very interesting thread

"Hardening "no deal" signals are emerging from borisj ohnson camp. What is going on? What might it mean? Is it choreographed? Is it all that it appears?

Some thoughts after chats in UK and EU"

https://twitter.com/pmdfoster/status/1151232506592669697

Hilarious stuff. It’s like the Mock the Week crew sitting in the pub riffing on the theme of Boris is a buffoon and we’re all doomed in preparation for their spontaneous quips when the cameras are rolling.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #18887 on: July 17, 2019, 06:11:09 PM »

To answer the Melville question. The pound has seen a major fall due to uncertainty.

By comparison other currencies haven’t faced the same level of uncertainty

The reason for uncertainty is that Remain didn’t and still don’t unite behind a democratic decision. Politicians from all sides have similarly failed to unite. Thus uncertainty.

It really isn’t Brexit. Cos guess what? Brexit hasn’t happened.

On the other topic I don’t get this Boris is stupid line. If anything I figure he’s pretty smart. It does offer me a sense of fnarr, optimism, because after this ‘bumbling baboon’ has successfully engineered the top job he will readily convince the euros he’s such a loon buffoon they better offer some serious concessions.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18888 on: July 17, 2019, 07:32:11 PM »

In non-Brexit news here's Anna Soubry crying because Chuka Umunna doesn't phone her since he joined the Lib Dems

https://twitter.com/michaeljswalker/status/1151275615787585537
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #18889 on: July 17, 2019, 08:08:05 PM »

Abs comedy gold from bojo with the kippers and the gags

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #18890 on: July 17, 2019, 08:53:51 PM »

To answer the Melville question. The pound has seen a major fall due to uncertainty.

The reason for uncertainty is that Remain didn’t and still don’t unite behind a democratic decision. Politicians from all sides have similarly failed to unite. Thus uncertainty.

On the other topic I don’t get this Boris is stupid line. If anything I figure he’s pretty smart. It does offer me a sense of fnarr, optimism, because after this ‘bumbling baboon’ has successfully engineered the top job he will readily convince the euros he’s such a loon buffoon they better offer some serious concessions.

It's madness to think try and blame the recent drop in the pound to brexit uncertainty. We have been under the uncertainty for a year now and it's never dropped to what it is now.

It has dropped because of Boris - He's the one who is most likely to try and force no deal through. That will mean the pound will be less than the euro and similar rate to the dollar. The market is clearly reacting.

The pound is dropping simply because no deal looks more and more likely. Don't try and say something else to suit your narrative.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #18891 on: July 17, 2019, 09:07:08 PM »

Kinda interested to know peoples brief thoughts on some of these questions:

What would the Euro be if we leave with No Deal/Deal/stay in EU?

Will Boris suspend Parliament?

Will there be a second ref? What do you think he vote would be?

Will there be a General election before the year out? How would a GE work out?
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #18892 on: July 17, 2019, 09:25:56 PM »

It's madness to think try and blame the recent drop in the pound to brexit uncertainty. We have been under the uncertainty for a year now and it's never dropped to what it is now.

It has dropped because of Boris - He's the one who is most likely to try and force no deal through. That will mean the pound will be less than the euro and similar rate to the dollar. The market is clearly reacting.

The pound is dropping simply because no deal looks more and more likely. Don't try and say something else to suit your narrative.

Melville asks question about graph above

Graph is analysing drop since June 2016

Referendum was June 2016

I answer Melville question

Total madness mate

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #18893 on: July 17, 2019, 09:28:31 PM »

Melville asks question about graph above

Graph is analysing drop since June 2016

Referendum was June 2016

I answer Melville question

Total madness mate

The drop before the vote is not far off to the drop e are currently seeing. It still isn't about uncertainty - we are going to be worse off after brexit, with or without a deal
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18894 on: July 17, 2019, 09:39:32 PM »

Where is the Turkish Lira, Argentinian Peso?

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #18895 on: July 17, 2019, 10:13:30 PM »

Where is the Turkish Lira, Argentinian Peso?

Turkey and Argentina.

Don't thank me.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #18896 on: July 17, 2019, 10:23:48 PM »

In non-Brexit news here's Anna Soubry crying because Chuka Umunna doesn't phone her since he joined the Lib Dems

https://twitter.com/michaeljswalker/status/1151275615787585537

Anna should pop in to see me!...... every Friday Chuka parks outside my office and takes his kid to the nursery.  Smiley
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18897 on: July 18, 2019, 08:35:46 AM »

Abs comedy gold from bojo with the kippers and the gags

hardly

referencing kipper trade from the Isle of Man.

Worth noting the Isle of Man isn’t part of the EU or the UK, but remains part of the customs territory of the Union.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18898 on: July 18, 2019, 08:36:55 AM »

Another very thought provoking blog

"Boris Johnson's prospects come in three varieties of Nixon.

latest Brexit Blog post reviews the comparisons between BJ and Richard Nixon:

'Nixon goes to China',
'Madman theory', and
"scandal, failure & premature departure from office"

https://chrisgreybrexitblog.blogspot.com/2019/07/johnsons-prospects-come-in-three.html chrisgreybrexitblog.blogspot.com/2019/07/johnso…

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #18899 on: July 18, 2019, 09:04:01 AM »

It’s a shame it was hidden behind a firewall, but JRM’s piece in yesterday’s Telegraph promotes different views from those we generally see in this thread.

Today there is a cracking piece by Allister Heath on the future of the country if Boris fails.

Plus a very sensible view of HS2 from Bob Seely who points out that whilst we contemplate spending billions on a vanity project not expected to deliver anything for at least another 10 years, the rolling stock on the public railways in his constituency (Isle of Wight) is older than that on the heritage line...

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Pages: 1 ... 1256 1257 1258 1259 [1260] 1261 1262 1263 1264 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: