blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:56:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 353875 times)
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: April 24, 2020, 05:57:05 PM »

Chris Whitty is great. He's faced a solid two hours of questions and never faltered or sidestepped once.

Yes, he’s very, very good.

Grant Shapps very good too.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: April 24, 2020, 06:25:20 PM »

Chris Whitty is great. He's faced a solid two hours of questions and never faltered or sidestepped once.

Yes, he’s very, very good.

Grant Shapps very good too.

Agree, he was pretty good today, calm and appropriately authoratitive - also like Whitty

sola virtus nobilitat
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1667 on: April 24, 2020, 08:38:45 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2738159646293164&id=346937065399354&scmts=scwspsdd&extid=NDIrzTjHZlnC2vF5

The older I get, the better I was.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: April 24, 2020, 08:43:49 PM »

I just love Cuomo. His daily briefings tend to be covered in full on CNN each day from about 4:35, they are always excellent.
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: April 24, 2020, 09:04:24 PM »

Agree .

His press conferences all facts , excellent presentation and some nice personal interpretation.

Then u have The Donald .... well ... for entertainment it’s not bad but that’s about it.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: April 24, 2020, 09:51:15 PM »

So been a busy couple of weeks but seems like a good time for a work update...

Saw this link earlier, and although I know some of you don't like the paper I think this headline is going to be reasonably accurate.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8211739/Farce-banks-coronavirus-crisis-loans-just-5-000-businesses.html

We still don't have anything agreed and an actual CBIL doesn't appear to be on the table, but to be fair to them there have been a lot changes for us since the process first started.

We secured an order for 4000 metal storage trolleys going into NHS Nightingale. The first 250 went in on Friday and the remainder are to be delivered through the rest of the month. That was our biggest ever single order.......

Until we found out that one of our Chinese suppliers has a huge amount of PPE available for sale. We have an operation in the USA and things moved very quickly and we now have a 747 full of PPE being delivered to the USA government on Thursday.

Further to this, I can get a lot more and even 2000 ventilators but I believe the pricing on these is hugely inflated so I have made offers to NHS & Bupa.

Makes me wonder what the UK Government are doing if I can source it so easily.

Crazy times compared to wondering if the business would make it through the year 2 weeks ago.

Hey All

Been a busy couple of weeks since this post!

747 of PPE successfully delivered to NY State Government last week

But what is more unbelievable is we offered the same service to the NHS two weeks ago...... nothing.

A week ago we spoke to Nicky Morgan who but us directly in touch with Matt Hancock.
He passed us on to the cabinet team in charge of sourcing PPE. We were a priority offer for review as we had access to gowns. A week later we have submitted spec sheets but they've ordered nothing.

In that same week NY have sorted their second order for 3 more planes full!

It's no wonder we are short of PPE!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: April 24, 2020, 10:02:45 PM »

Saw this link earlier, and although I know some of you don't like the paper I think this headline is going to be reasonably accurate.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8211739/Farce-banks-coronavirus-crisis-loans-just-5-000-businesses.html

We still don't have anything agreed and an actual CBIL doesn't appear to be on the table, but to be fair to them there have been a lot changes for us since the process first started.

We secured an order for 4000 metal storage trolleys going into NHS Nightingale. The first 250 went in on Friday and the remainder are to be delivered through the rest of the month. That was our biggest ever single order.......

Until we found out that one of our Chinese suppliers has a huge amount of PPE available for sale. We have an operation in the USA and things moved very quickly and we now have a 747 full of PPE being delivered to the USA government on Thursday.

Further to this, I can get a lot more and even 2000 ventilators but I believe the pricing on these is hugely inflated so I have made offers to NHS & Bupa.

Crazy times compared to wondering if the business would make it through the year 2 weeks ago.

Hey All

But what is more unbelievable is we offered the same service to the NHS two weeks ago...... nothing.

A week ago we spoke to Nicky Morgan who but us directly in touch with Matt Hancock.
He passed us on to the cabinet team in charge of sourcing PPE. We were a priority offer for review as we had access to gowns. A week later we have submitted spec sheets but they've ordered nothing.

Wow, that’s amazing and really good news that NY state have been well organised in processing the orders. Great news if it means the business doing well again, I’m pleased to hear it👍.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: April 24, 2020, 11:06:34 PM »

It's the problem with a massive beaurocracy like the NHS. Front line may be exceptional, the rest is probably as far from the kind of agile, nimble blah blah org you would need to be to accept offers like this.

sola virtus nobilitat
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: April 24, 2020, 11:42:33 PM »

Hey All

Wow, that’s amazing and really good news that NY state have been well organised in processing the orders. Great news if it means the business doing well again, I’m pleased to hear it👍.

Yes, certainly led to a few different conversations with the bank!

Been great to help NY as the lady I own the business with lives in Brooklyn.
The Chinese supplier donated 100k masks to help and all the pallets were marked up with China and US flags. Will try and post a pic tomorrow.

Just frustrating that we can't get a few shipments coming here.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: April 25, 2020, 09:49:31 AM »

Hey All

Incredible. Nice one, a brilliant story and turn round for you and your company.

After all the song and dance about the 747 from Turkey to the UK last week and 1st hand accounts of the PPE issues from 2 of my doctor contacts, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth that the UK weren't able to benefit here despite your efforts.

What do you think the reasons are? Cost, spec, inefficiency or something else?

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: April 25, 2020, 11:36:15 AM »

Hey All

Incredible. Nice one, a brilliant story and turn round for you and your company.

After all the song and dance about the 747 from Turkey to the UK last week and 1st hand accounts of the PPE issues from 2 of my doctor contacts, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth that the UK weren't able to benefit here despite your efforts.

What do you think the reasons are? Cost, spec, inefficiency or something else?

The U.K. success stories on this front have seemingly been when businesses have approached individual trusts directly. I will feel quite differently on this to lots of people, I certainly wouldn’t generate hassle for yourself trying to supply the U.K. when the NY demand is still high.

One thing that will happen in the UK soon is a real boom on face masks, if you were in a position to have a few hundred thousand of those lying around once the NHS supply is more stable and sustainable, then that would seem like a great spot to benefit the business and the U.K. at the same time. (all kinds of caveats on this of course, I know close to nothing about how well placed you’d be to take advantage of a boom in public demand)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: April 25, 2020, 12:02:01 PM »

Hey All

Hi Stu, I presume this means that the quality-control problems that we discussed a few years ago have all been overcome.

Might they be a reason for some people being hesitant to purchase Chinese goods?

Great achievement for you and especially for your company's wellbeing.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: April 25, 2020, 12:29:46 PM »

Meanwhile Allison Pearson and by extension The Telegraph have seamlessly made the transition from laughably stupid to dangerously stupid. It’s unpleasant and unnecessary when the mob get stuck in but her replies do reveal that she is a long way from the sharpest tool in the box.

https://twitter.com/allisonpearson/status/1253978830177480705?s=21
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: April 25, 2020, 12:59:57 PM »

Some excellent articles in the Telegraph today tbf, in particular by Juliet Samuel but also by Haldenby, Moore and also some good content in the leader with respect to care homes.

You do love a non researched sweeping statement

sola virtus nobilitat
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: April 25, 2020, 02:00:16 PM »

Meanwhile Allison Pearson and by extension The Telegraph have seamlessly made the transition from laughably stupid to dangerously stupid. It’s unpleasant and unnecessary when the mob get stuck in but her replies do reveal that she is a long way from the sharpest tool in the box.

https://twitter.com/allisonpearson/status/1253978830177480705?s=21

Her angle into it probably isn’t the best route but some of the points she is making are valid.
Completely locking away the old & vulnerable & letting young & healthy get on with life with some restrictions doesn’t seem a completely stupid concept to me.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: