blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:21:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 ... 184 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2  (Read 370304 times)
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: July 19, 2012, 04:42:33 AM »

Ever a valid excuse for folding kings pre? I mean I didn't, 'cause I didn't want another roasting on my diary. But I wanted to.

Also is there a commonplace formula for weighting someone's range? Or do I have to just run separate range equations for how likely they are to have x hand in y spot?
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: July 19, 2012, 07:38:25 AM »

You can reduce the number of combos of certain hands in pokerstove. For the sake of simplicity in this example if you take KQs vs 77+, ATo+, A8s+, KJo, KQs then it comes out as 40.47% but if you think that villains range is more weighted towards the top of that range then you can remove say half of the combos of A8s-ATs, ATo, AJo, 77 and 88 and equity drops to 35.4%

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: July 19, 2012, 10:36:26 AM »

oh sigh, he didn't have qq? lol im silly.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: July 19, 2012, 10:59:24 AM »

Ever a valid excuse for folding kings pre? I mean I didn't, 'cause I didn't want another roasting on my diary. But I wanted to.

If you're facing two players who have turned their cards face up and have AA and KK? With the AA being the same suits as your KK obviously.

Also is there a commonplace formula for weighting someone's range? Or do I have to just run separate range equations for how likely they are to have x hand in y spot?

Can't help with that one

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
cheesies

View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: July 19, 2012, 11:09:50 AM »

You can reduce the number of combos of certain hands in pokerstove. For the sake of simplicity in this example if you take KQs vs 77+, ATo+, A8s+, KJo, KQs then it comes out as 40.47% but if you think that villains range is more weighted towards the top of that range then you can remove say half of the combos of A8s-ATs, ATo, AJo, 77 and 88 and equity drops to 35.4%

Or you can keep the exact same hands in but write in each combo, so if you want to halve his non-paired hands you can do 'KhQh, KsQs' instead of 'KQs' and 'AcTd AcTh AcTs AdTc AdTs AdTh' instead of 'ATo', etc. It takes a bit longer but its a truer weighting, ie you don't have to take out any hands.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: July 19, 2012, 01:46:48 PM »

Duh I've no idea why this didn't occur to me. Thanks Dan this will be pretty helpful.
shipitonetime

View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: July 19, 2012, 02:49:45 PM »

Keep up with this blog sean! It is one of my fav things to read on blonde!
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: July 24, 2012, 06:19:39 AM »

Guess I should start writing in this thing again now that Mike has been gracious bored enough to bump it.

Since coming out of my retirement, things have been going swimmingly. A bunch of smart people were nice enough to give me a moment or two of their time and has improved my attitude towards the game 100%. Absolute Zero is absolute zen these days. I keep trying to find new ways to look at the game. Yes it's a job, yes it's a grind, yes it's math. But it's also a ton of other things that I never really considered. Also, despite some of the boys predictably denying the existence of live reads and gut instincts, I've been putting a lot of work into that as well. A lot of the mistakes I used to make were when I just knew something but I couldn't justify it with words or numbers so went against my initial assessment. Starting to trust my initial judgement now and it's paying dividends.

Cliffs of recent sessions basically winning a ton of money without showdown and knocking it in when the cards are on their backs. Had a -£600 day at 50/1 the other day where I lost a bunch of ridiculous all-ins, my favourite being AK < Q5 all in pre, after which the gentleman in question received a phonecall and "had to leave." A lot of sweats online as well, but I keep mincashing everything. I hope George doesn't try to sue me for copyright infringement. Managed to grind out a very small win this sunday. But fuck it, winning sunday right?!

Grinding out a solid hourly at 1/2 though, been having fun with regs and fish alike, loving the game. Found some great folds recently, even if I did get mocked for them. Found some hero calls, which is something I don't normally do any more and probably won't happen again for a while but it's one of the more exciting things to brag about. Cheesy Found a 5bet bluff versus the younger of the Gascoignes (who, incidentally, is a great storyteller and absolutely hilarious; get back on the tables already Edward!) And found a 2-outer tonight when I got KK in pre-flop against someone who had literally just touched his butt to his chair and found aces. Pretty unfortunate for villain; I didn't mind much though.

A small win in a 1/2 tonight was followed by some unbelievably degenerate scenes with the boys at Highrollerfield. Five of us playing 2-deck blackjack, each of us getting one shoe each as the dealer before passing the deck clockwise. Obviously blackjack requires showdown so I ran absolutely horribly on my first deal! House edge my eye.
Fortunately for me, if you can count on one of us going on a horrible downswing at a key point it's Alex Goulder. He knocked in a bunch as the rest of us won, even if I did only pick up a fiver for my troubles.

Taking a couple of days off, so The Chronicles will resume on Thursday with some LOL Galaments. Plan is to play the £200 this weekend as well so stay tuned if you fancy flicking it in for a % Smiley

Peace.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: July 24, 2012, 07:11:48 AM »

Will take 10% pls in the £200 but it's next weekend bud.

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: July 24, 2012, 08:20:57 AM »

Will take 10% pls in the £200 but it's next weekend bud.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: July 24, 2012, 08:48:04 AM »

Welcome back, GREAT read this Diary, but try & Post more please, because I like a good read of a good write. If you get my drift.

PS - Stick me down for 10% too, please. I will not be there this weekend, but either get Geo or someone to pay on my behalf, & I'll settle them up, or I'll do a Bank TX if you send me details.

I'm assuming you'd sell at spot, right?  Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BMoney

View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: July 24, 2012, 10:16:11 AM »

10%, pls and thx.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: July 24, 2012, 10:35:47 AM »

So tilting last night! I'm winning £50 or something and we say "last shoe", I'm the dealer, so mathematically I'm clearly favourite to win a bit more.

Not when Mitch Johnson is betting £75 and getting 7,4 and I'm pulling a 6 every friggin hand! End up doing £600 in 6 hands. Your welcome boys.

I don't mind, they'll give it back on felt soon.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: July 24, 2012, 12:58:10 PM »

So tilting last night! I'm winning £50 or something and we say "last shoe", I'm the dealer, so mathematically I'm clearly favourite to win a bit more.

Not when Mitch Johnson is betting £75 and getting 7,4 and I'm pulling a 6 every friggin hand! End up doing £600 in 6 hands. Your welcome boys.

I don't mind, they'll give it back on felt soon.

I'll just fold my straddle then and we're even, yeah?
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: July 24, 2012, 01:02:59 PM »

Found a 5bet bluff versus the younger of the Gascoignes (who, incidentally, is a great storyteller and absolutely hilarious; get back on the tables already Edward!)

Nice balance on your "in-your-eye"/praising range!!

Really enjoyed the game and the company, regrettably I live a little further from DTD than Gascoigne Snr...

Allez!!
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 ... 184 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: