blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 04:13:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2186380 Posts in 65790 Topics by 16714 Members
Latest Member: checkraise1time
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8741 8742 8743 8744 [8745] 8746 8747 8748 8749 8750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 5106059 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131160 on: December 07, 2017, 03:40:27 PM »

Nigel Atkins next hull city manager 1.5/1 would recommend

good shout Plinop

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #131161 on: December 07, 2017, 09:24:32 PM »

...and to keep the theme going , Dancing on Ice is back in January !

Had a quick look and Brooke Vincent seems a decent bet at 11/2. Young,fit, attractive and reports that her audition was impressive.

In the good old days we had our own blonde insider tipster for this show......2 or 3 winners I think we had, thanks to bobby.

Had a greater look into this now via the press reports, fwiw.
 Still quite fancy Brooke to do well. She always wanted to do it and seems well up for it.
 Cant be having Max Evans at a similar price.
 Jake (I do any and every reality show) Quickenden has gone marginally fav in some places.

Anyway SkyBetty have price boosted Brooke to 7/1...so not for fred,but worth a small punt

https://www.oddschecker.com/tv/dancing-on-ice/winner
YorkshireSal

View Profile
« Reply #131162 on: December 07, 2017, 10:28:33 PM »

Betway go 17/20 both Westbrook vs harden for most points tonight.
Harden averages 31.7 vs 22.5 of Westbrook this season
Harden line is 31, Westbrook 25
Based on this and the fact that their teams are both same prices and spread lines tonight I'd guess harden is a bet
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #131163 on: December 07, 2017, 10:29:09 PM »

Had a quick look and Brooke Vincent seems a decent bet at 11/2. Young,fit, attractive and reports that her audition was impressive.

In the good old days we had our own blonde insider tipster for this show......2 or 3 winners I think we had, thanks to bobby.

Still quite fancy Brooke to do well. She always wanted to do it and seems well up for it.
 Jake (I do any and every reality show) Quickenden has gone marginally fav in some places.

Anyway SkyBetty have price boosted Brooke to 7/1...so not for fred,but worth a small punt

Do they do much dancing or is it just figure skating?

Who gets the final say on eliminations and winner? Is it judges or public?

Always an important factor in Strictly, and historically an area of weakness to attack the betting market from.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #131164 on: December 07, 2017, 11:13:25 PM »

Do they do much dancing or is it just figure skating?

Who gets the final say on eliminations and winner? Is it judges or public?

Always an important factor in Strictly, and historically an area of weakness to attack the betting market from.

It's been off screen for a few years...but presume voting will be the same as before. Judges votes combined with public votes, give a bottom two dance off in which the judges decide who goes.
Usually certain figure skating moves to complete within a dance sequence, each week.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #131165 on: December 08, 2017, 12:09:45 AM »

Been looking at the markets for the big game on Sunday (no, not Southampton vs Arsenal), nothing particularly jumping out at me.

I did notice Sane was 5/1, and thus right towards the bottom of the list, to be carded. I think that feels a little generous. He's a very talented boy but young and thus can still be very petulant. Is quite happy to get involved in skirmishes (The pen vs Burnley and the sending off after the final whistle at Huddersfield spring to mind), sometimes throws his arms about when he doesn't win a free kick, has a penchant for going down easily, that kinda stuff.

He'll be up against Valencia mostly, a vastly experienced defender who I'm sure will be niggling away at him all game. Decent chance elbows starts as well with Pogba banned, expect him to do the doubling up dirty work on our wingers. Throw in the derby atmosphere and the pressure cooker of the situation....

Man in the middle is Michael Oliver. In 17 games in all comps this season, he's dished out 68 yellow cards so exactly 4 a game. He isn't regarded as a 'strong' referee so expect him to lose control at some point (he will also bottle a clear penalty decision, mark my words)

Another rec where I hope I'm wrong but Sane 5/1 to be carded is worth a small £10/15 dart methinks.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/man-utd-v-man-city/to-be-shown-a-card
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 12:11:55 AM by hhyftrftdr » Logged

Best Bitter.
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #131166 on: December 08, 2017, 12:39:53 AM »

Been looking at the markets for the big game on Sunday (no, not Southampton vs Arsenal), nothing particularly jumping out at me.

I did notice Sane was 5/1, and thus right towards the bottom of the list, to be carded. I think that feels a little generous. He's a very talented boy but young and thus can still be very petulant. Is quite happy to get involved in skirmishes (The pen vs Burnley and the sending off after the final whistle at Huddersfield spring to mind), sometimes throws his arms about when he doesn't win a free kick, has a penchant for going down easily, that kinda stuff.

He'll be up against Valencia mostly, a vastly experienced defender who I'm sure will be niggling away at him all game. Decent chance elbows starts as well with Pogba banned, expect him to do the doubling up dirty work on our wingers. Throw in the derby atmosphere and the pressure cooker of the situation....

Man in the middle is Michael Oliver. In 17 games in all comps this season, he's dished out 68 yellow cards so exactly 4 a game. He isn't regarded as a 'strong' referee so expect him to lose control at some point (he will also bottle a clear penalty decision, mark my words)

Another rec where I hope I'm wrong but Sane 5/1 to be carded is worth a small £10/15 dart methinks.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/man-utd-v-man-city/to-be-shown-a-card

I'd agree about Sane being liable to a silly card due to petulance. He is however on 4 yellows so 1 more and he'll get a ban. That makes me think he's slightly less likely though I certainly wouldn't argue against the bet.
I am all over Fellaini to get a red @ 11/1 though. I've been waiting for this bet for a couple of weeks Smiley
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #131167 on: December 08, 2017, 12:43:57 AM »

I'd agree about Sane being liable to a silly card due to petulance. He is however on 4 yellows so 1 more and he'll get a ban. That makes me think he's slightly less likely though I certainly wouldn't argue against the bet.
I am all over Fellaini to get a red @ 11/1 though. I've been waiting for this bet for a couple of weeks Smiley

I'd argue that being on 4 cards works in favour for the bet in some respects; he'd then be banned for Swansea midweek but available for Spurs at the weekend....

Best Bitter.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #131168 on: December 08, 2017, 12:51:25 AM »

Went to do £15 for Tikay, to round him up... They wouldn't even let me have a tenner!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131169 on: December 08, 2017, 08:07:12 AM »

Went to do £15 for Tikay, to round him up... They wouldn't even let me have a tenner!

Round me up?

That sounds worrying, as if I owe you money.

Round me up to what? £20? £50?

Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131170 on: December 08, 2017, 08:27:43 AM »

More comment on the bid by GVC for Ladbrokes Coral.

It includes this sobering line about Ladbrokes, which demonstrates what happens when a Gaming Business a) relies on outmoded & out-dated High St shops & b) gets behind in the digital world.

When Stein retired in 1993, the company, with a collection of Hilton hotels at a time, was worth £2bn. Now, a quarter of century later and with Coral on board, it is in discussions to surrender for just £3.1bn, plus a potential £800m kicker

https://www.theguardian.com/business/nils-pratley-on-finance/2017/dec/07/gvc-and-ladbrokes-coral-david-gambles-on-goliath

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

View Profile
« Reply #131171 on: December 08, 2017, 02:41:45 PM »

The mighty Poshies through to the last 16 of the EFL jokepot. We're on at 33-1.

Not 100% but heard the next round remains regional, so we can't draw the Leicester Globetrotters and their £46m worth of talent they had on display at Scunthorpe.

Time to dream.

Luton away. Bleugh.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #131172 on: December 08, 2017, 02:52:24 PM »

More comment on the bid by GVC for Ladbrokes Coral.

It includes this sobering line about Ladbrokes, which demonstrates what happens when a Gaming Business a) relies on outmoded & out-dated High St shops & b) gets behind in the digital world.

When Stein retired in 1993, the company, with a collection of Hilton hotels at a time, was worth £2bn. Now, a quarter of century later and with Coral on board, it is in discussions to surrender for just £3.1bn, plus a potential £800m kicker

https://www.theguardian.com/business/nils-pratley-on-finance/2017/dec/07/gvc-and-ladbrokes-coral-david-gambles-on-goliath

or c) five years ago was still arrogantly calling itself 'the world's biggest bookmaker' on its own marketing material.  Arrogance/delusion springs to mind with the demise of lolbrokes.  Stein must be turning in his grave that they will become nothing more than one of ten brands that a VC has pieced together via acquisition for a portfolio of gambling investments.

No body ever mentions how much cash they must have lost to arbers in the glory days holding long out of date shop coupon prices for years.  They were the easiest shop chain by a mile to beat up arbing back in the day.  The best one i can ever remember was a UEFA cup game in 2003 when their coupon had 7/4 and you could lay 1.55 on betfair and they would allow £100 a customer per shop.  One of the lads i worked with took the day off and went off planning a route around the south coast to visit upwards of 50 shops with a mate to get £10k+ on.

The article is pretty much spot on apart from this line...

Ladbrokes is one of the oldest names in British bookmaking and still collects the largest revenues.

If it collects the largest revenues it wouldn't be in this situation.  It isn't close to collecting the largest revenues and hasn't been for years online or in the shops.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 03:01:41 PM by arbboy » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #131173 on: December 08, 2017, 03:07:23 PM »

Betway go 17/20 both Westbrook vs harden for most points tonight.
Harden averages 31.7 vs 22.5 of Westbrook this season
Harden line is 31, Westbrook 25
Based on this and the fact that their teams are both same prices and spread lines tonight I'd guess harden is a bet

Unlucky with this but you missed the fact that Paul George wasn't playing for OKC and Westbrook would pick up a lot of the slack for his missed points (he averages nearly 21 a game this season for OKC).  Plus maybe the fact it was a game based in Mexico where Westbrook would be more likely to want to put on a show to a new market in a game where normally it would be very run of the mill road game with little motivation.  Given those two factors it was surprising how low Westbrook's points were in for at 25 given his averages last season which would have been a much better guide of performance with his main side kick out.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #131174 on: December 08, 2017, 03:14:03 PM »

It's that time of year again.  The snow has arrived, the temperatures falling and the dog tracks getting heavily salted leading to some potential biases.  First three winners at monmore bags this afternoon have all been t6 (all at big prices and unfancied).  Worth keeping an eye on developments as the afternoon progresses.
Pages: 1 ... 8741 8742 8743 8744 [8745] 8746 8747 8748 8749 8750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: