blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:42:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Independence Referendum
Poll
Question: Do you agree that Scotland should be an independent country?
Yes - because it would be better for the Scots
Yes - because the rest of the UK would be better off without the Scots
Don't really know
Don't care
No, the Union is a good thing

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 ... 114 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Independence Referendum  (Read 189919 times)
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: September 17, 2014, 10:41:32 AM »

I know exactly how to spell it thanks. Wink

It is a poker forum after all.

Lol I was hoping it was intentional Smiley wp
Somerled

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1336 on: September 17, 2014, 11:01:42 AM »

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/international/scotland-goes-full-scottish-2014091790696
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: September 17, 2014, 11:34:29 AM »

Mrs Coren-Mitchell's take on it

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/14/politicians-should-offer-people-things-they-want

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: September 17, 2014, 12:14:33 PM »

this is an interesting take

"Within the Yes camp I attempted to find the revolutionary and inclusive debate that I’d heard was happening. But as soon as I was ‘in’ I was being asked to sign petitions, to help with recruitment, to take part in Yes groups, to come out publicly in the media, to spread the word and add the blue circle Yes logo to my social media photograph – even to come along and sing a ‘Scottish song’ at a Yes event. I declined to sing but I went along to public meetings and took part in debates online. I noticed that the whenever someone raised a pragmatic question about governance, economics or future projections for oil revenue or the balance of payments in iScotland, they were quickly silenced by comments such as “We’ll sort that out after the referendum, this is not the place or the time for those kinds of questions”. Or the people who asked such questions were indirectly accused of ‘being negative’ or talking the language of the enemy. There was an ethos of “Shh, if you start asking questions like that we’ll all end up arguing (and that’ll be negative) so in the interests of unity (and positivity) keep your mouth shut.”"

http://wakeupscotland.wordpress.com/2014/09/15/ewan-morrison-yes-why-i-joined-yes-and-why-i-changed-to-no/

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1339 on: September 17, 2014, 12:17:10 PM »

What amuses me is how stupid so many people have become to just blindly follow a man with a massive ego and a place in history as his main driver. To be honest, if I was in his position, it must be very alluring to know if he pulls this off he will possibly be remembered alongside the great names of Scotland past. It therefore becomes an even greater motivation to make the whole pill sound far sweeter than it really is.

This isn't the Arsenal thread Wink

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: September 17, 2014, 01:13:47 PM »

What amuses me is how stupid so many people have become to just blindly follow a man with a massive ego and a place in history as his main driver. To be honest, if I was in his position, it must be very alluring to know if he pulls this off he will possibly be remembered alongside the great names of Scotland past. It therefore becomes an even greater motivation to make the whole pill sound far sweeter than it really is.

This isn't the Arsenal thread Wink

Smiley
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: September 17, 2014, 01:14:12 PM »

“We’ll sort that out after the referendum, this is not the place or the time for those kinds of questions”.

GENIUS Cheesy
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: September 17, 2014, 01:22:05 PM »

Never been a fan Of Gordon Brown, but in the speech tonight, thought he laid out the No argument very well.  (sad to watch it with the football I know!)
Obviously he also gave out the bribe timetable of devo-max, which will be backed by all the Westminster parties.
Now he's off on tour to spread his wisdom!...alot better than Darling.

Browns (final?) speech today, trending at the top of twitter.  thumbs up
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: September 17, 2014, 01:27:00 PM »

“We’ll sort that out after the referendum, this is not the place or the time for those kinds of questions”.

GENIUS Cheesy

It's why I am still undecided heart wants to vote yes head is saying 'yes to what' we have no idea what we are voting for apart from home rule, are we going to have just the one chamber or will it be 2 like the uk with one unelected or will we get  2 elected chambers, will there be a president  and a prime minister like in France or how about USA president and 2 elected bodies.

Devils always in the details and we don't know the details

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: September 17, 2014, 01:27:51 PM »

What time will the result actually be known tomorrow night/early Friday morning?  Are there any rough guestimates on time?
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1345 on: September 17, 2014, 01:30:31 PM »

What time will the result actually be known tomorrow night/early Friday morning?  Are there any rough guestimates on time?

Click to see full-size image.

Nicked it off Tank's fb page, no idea what the rating bit means.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: September 17, 2014, 02:12:12 PM »

love it

selfies in east kilbride shopping centre today, and a photographer with a sense of humour

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1347 on: September 17, 2014, 02:24:31 PM »

A friend of mine works for a well-known market research company and they've just produced a very detailed and scientific report predicting the result of the referendum with a greater confidence and accuracy than others.  They were quite proud of it, until someone pointed out to them that their US team (who processed the research) only sampled people aged 18+ instead of 16+...

Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: September 17, 2014, 02:48:25 PM »

A friend of mine works for a well-known market research company and they've just produced a very detailed and scientific report predicting the result of the referendum with a greater confidence and accuracy than others.  They were quite proud of it, until someone pointed out to them that their US team (who processed the research) only sampled people aged 18+ instead of 16+...

What were the reults did he say? 
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: September 17, 2014, 02:49:32 PM »

Salmon has enough personal wealth, and will make even more once this is done, that he can carry on saying whatever he likes, and win or lose he will be very comfortable, but to win, he will be a legend, a dangerous motivator for a man with an ego like his.

I'm not the biggest fan of Salmond, but this is utter bollocks and typical of the little englander mantra. 
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 ... 114 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: